Smackdown spoilers 13/01/11

Colt Stevens

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I downloaded Smackdown just to visit Planet Funk again. Whilst funk is indeed still on a roll, I ended up really liking the Daniel Bryan stuff. Bryan did great as a pussy heel, having a go at Big Show at the end and calling him a "bastard" making Show cry like a girl. You cunt, Bryan.

• Paid Members

Its a strange one with Bryan and Big Show. Surely Big Show is the one eventually turning heel, because he's got that match with Shaq coming up. And you cant have a babyface vs babyface celebrity match. I wonder if a Big Show and Daniel Bryan alliance will eventually happen, especially when Mark Henry turns face. Imagine that? Big Show and his little heel buddy Daniel Bryan vs Shaq and Mizark. It would do wonders for Henry and Bryan as far as publicity goes.

• Paid Members

Big Show VS Daniel Bryan was a belter this week, I really enjoyed it while it lasted and the storyline is really coming along nicely. Bryan, for all the jobs over the past year, actually looked like he should be up there. He really came across well here, and Big Show looked good as you'd expect.

I'll definitely take more of the same in the coming months.

another great Smackdown, (people its been great for months) Is Daniel Bryan a bit more confident on the mic? Surely the key to his heel turn is Cole embracing him? I think he's been amazing so far, and his expressions and actions as Champions have been hilarious. Love the man a World Champion!

I love the Smackdown fans 'She's OK, She's OK'

Was another good show this week, Show and Bryan gel well together. I'm slightly confused as to why Hunico hates Ted DiBiase after beating him clean in there one and only match. Poor Drew.

Brodus was fun but very short, poor Tyson Kidd, Mark Henry seems to get better and better on the mic as did Cody Rhodes.

Its a strange one with Bryan and Big Show. Surely Big Show is the one eventually turning heel, because he's got that match with Shaq coming up. And you cant have a babyface vs babyface celebrity match. I wonder if a Big Show and Daniel Bryan alliance will eventually happen, especially when Mark Henry turns face. Imagine that? Big Show and his little heel buddy Daniel Bryan vs Shaq and Mizark. It would do wonders for Henry and Bryan as far as publicity goes.

I'd buy Wrestlemania just to see that. Although I reckon Shaq will end up being the heel, the guys got bags of charisma but he is his own biggest fan, like Mayweather the other year, he's had a feud with Kobe Bryant for the past decade despite winning NBA titles with him and he racially abused Yao Ming in a cutting promo too. Still, it's no secret he's a huge wrestling fan so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened at all.

That was yet another thrilling episode of wrestling, I really enjoyed it. Brodus Clay was as great as expected, Sheamus/Jinder Mahal was good, and both Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett cut some decent promos. They are really building to the Royal Rumble nicely. Big Show and Daniel Bryan was an excellent match as well, they seem to really gel well with each other. The chair shots were good and the head first DDT on the chair was different to what we usually see what with the headshot restrictions. AJ took a superb bump, and ending the show with such emotion was great. I actually really felt sorry for Show, because Bryan is being such a little prick towards him.

For the first time in quite a while, it seems like the writers have a good balance of build-up across the whole show. Proper feuds and not just meaningless repetitive matches week on week.

This heel turn for Bryan is the best thing to happen to him in WWE. It's one situation where his size actually works for him because he's the cocky little shit who has an ego bigger than his mass, and you're actually wanting to see him get the shit kicked out of him now.

• Paid Members

But as well as that, he came across as someone that is capable of doing damage as well. The match VS Big Show was well booked, because Bryan looked like he could genuinely beat him (and in a believable way, too). Very different to when Rey was champ and getting mullered by Khali.

Bryan's strategy throughout the match was brilliant, and is exactly how I used to play against bigger guys on Smackdown VS Raw. Go outside, grab a chair, clobber them a couple of times until they take it from you, run inside the ring, stomp large opponent when they re-enter, take said chair, couple of shots until they take it from you- wash, rinse repeat etc.

Archived