UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League EURO 2012

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tits. I jumped the gun there didn't I? Got lost in the romance!

You're through now :)

I've enjoyed this type of tournament but there's no way we could get 32 players for a world cup one.

Could attempt a Euro Super League or something? club sides.

Turkey - let me know when you can play.

Spain 3 - 1 Croatia

Croatia's dreams of an unlikely place in the next round were ended by a superior Spainish side. Croatia showed a lot of heart but Spain were ultimately too good in what was probably one of the most breathless games of Fifa I've played in a long time, with very few lulls in the game.

Spain had the first attack but it was Croatia who almost opened the scoring the early stages when after a good passing move, Luka Modric fizzed a shot just wide of the post from the edge of the box. Spain started to apply pressure after this and almost scored when David Villa hit the inside of the post with a shot across goal. Spain took the lead in the 24th minute when David Villa danced around the Croatian defence inside the box and curled his shot past a helpless Pletikosa. Croatia equalised just five minutes later when Mladen Petric was tripped in the box and Darijo Srna blasted the resulting penalty into the roof of the net, giving Casillas no chance, despite the 'keeper diving the right way. Spain regained the lead just before the break when Carlos Puyol headed in from a corner, despite being behind his marker. The Croatian defensive coach was not happy!

Knowing only a win would see them through, Croatia came out fighting in the second half and dominated the first quarter of an hour. Eduardo had a shot that was tipped wide by Buffon in the first attack directly from the kickoff. Croatia then forced a number of corners and Spain struggled to get out of their own half until the 60th minute when a counterattack almost lead to a third goal, with only some good last ditch defending preventing that from happening. After that it was pretty much one way traffic for the most part. Croatia tried to break through but just couldn't find the right pass in the final third. Spain did get a third with what was pretty much the last kick of the game when the ball was chipped in from the byline for a unmarked Cesc Fabregas to volley into a empty net. It was a little harsh on Croatia to concede another so late but it was what Spain deserved. Croatia can at least be content with third, whilst Spain go through to the quarter finals as one of the favourites.

Spain scorers: Villa (24'), Puyol (45'), Fabregas (90')

Croatia scorer: Srna (pen 29')

Well done to Stunstone and Lawz for going through. Some odd results in the end, especially as stunstone beat both Italy and Spain but lost to my Croatia side.

If everyones familiar with editing, we could do a draft similar to NFL fantasy and pick players from a order and then play off with our custom teams.

I like this idea.

Each year me and mate do something similar. We have an auction on release day. We note down the best 40 players on the game and have a quid in pennys each. then we bid on the 20 highest rated players using our budgets. You have to have 10 each and can only have one player per position so guarantees us both getting quality a couple of strikers etc and usually one of Messi and Ronaldo each. The 20 players who are left are entered into a hat and we draw 10 each at random.

Always makes for an exciting and interesting set of matches. We keep these teams for the year but trades are permitted.

If everyones familiar with editing, we could do a draft similar to NFL fantasy and pick players from a order and then play off with our custom teams.

I think that would be pretty good as well. It would mean I'd get to play as Torquay.

The only problem I'd guess would be getting everyone together at the same time to pick, so I guess you'd have to do a random drawing. A trade window or open trading would add an interesting dimension as well.

I think that would be pretty good as well. It would mean I'd get to play as Torquay.

The only problem I'd guess would be getting everyone together at the same time to pick, so I guess you'd have to do a random drawing. A trade window or open trading would add an interesting dimension as well.

Its what we'll do for the next league then!. Transfer windows will be permitted once every 3 or 4 weeks.

I'll compile a list of the best players and draw them into each squad.

Would probably mean I'll have to make a new PSN because I'd like to keep current squads as well. :thumbsup:

Right...After todays drama this is how its looking right now in each group...

Group A: Russia and Greece have qualified in 1st and 2nd respectively. Scotland and Poland are the final game to play in the group to see who finishes 3rd.

Remaining Games

Scotland Vs Poland

Group B: Holland are sitting top with 6 points but favourites Germany still have 2 games to play against Portugal and Denmark, a win will see them finish top of the group. Denmark and Portugal also have to play each other if they win both remaining games that could also see them through.

Remaining Games

Denmark Vs Portugal

Germany Vs Portugal

Germany Vs Denmark

Group C: Easily the most exciting group of Euro 2012 was this group. Spain go through with 6 points and Ireland finish second on goal difference after shocking the group winners in their first game. Croatia finished 3rd and Italy 4th

Group D:France and England qualify this group. France remained undefeated and looked strong as the group stage came to a close. England qualify after defeating Turkey in their first game, Sweden and Turkey still to play for 3rd.

Remaining games

Sweden Vs Turkey

Confirmed Last 8 Matches

Spain Vs England

France Vs Ireland

Current Last 8 Matches

Russia Vs Germany

Holland Vs Greece

Golden Boot

Robin Van Persie 4

David Villa 4

Loic Remy 4

Wesley Sneijder 3

Arjen Robben 3

Roman Pavlyuchenko 3

Karim Benzema 2

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 2

Cesc Fabregas 2

Aleksandr Kerzhakov 2

Andrei Arshavin 2

Eduardo 2

Cristiano Ronaldo 1

Carolos Puyol 1

Mezut Ozil 1

Luka Modric 1

Franck Rib

Right...After todays drama this is how its looking right now in each group...

Group A: Russia and Greece have qualified in 1st and 2nd respectively. Scotland and Poland are the final game to play in the group to see who finishes 3rd.

Remaining Games

Scotland Vs Poland

Group B: Holland are sitting top with 6 points but favourites Germany still have 2 games to play against Portugal and Denmark, a win will see them finish top of the group. Denmark and Portugal also have to play each other if they win both remaining games that could also see them through.

Remaining Games

Denmark Vs Portugal

Germany Vs Portugal

Germany Vs Denmark

Group C: Easily the most exciting group of Euro 2012 was this group. Spain go through with 6 points and Ireland finish second on goal difference after shocking the group winners in their first game. Croatia finished 3rd and Italy 4th

Group D:France and England qualify this group. France remained undefeated and looked strong as the group stage came to a close. England qualify after defeating Turkey in their first game, Sweden and Turkey still to play for 3rd.

Remaining games

Sweden Vs Turkey

Confirmed Last 8 Matches

Spain Vs England

France Vs Ireland

Current Last 8 Matches

Russia Vs Germany

Holland Vs Greece

If i beat Sweden then do i not go through on goal difference over England?

Archived