UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League EURO 2012

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croatia 4 - 0 Ireland

Think the result isn't quite a fair reflection from a very even game. 8 shots a piece (I talk stats when I get thrashed!) and 57% of the possession for the Irish lads but unfortunately a lack of pace, power and accuracy cost them in teh areas that Croatia benefited in. We kept going to the end to try to find a consolation but it wasn't to be. After the win over Spain we have come crashing down to earth. Now all that stands between us and the Quarter Finals is a win over Nicko and we all know that happens every time we meet so maybe it's a foregone conclusion afterall! ;)

Croatia 4 - 0 Republic of Ireland

Clinical finishing was the difference between the two sides in a pretty even game overall. Croatia opened the scoring in the 5th minute when Luka Modric fired an unstoppable shot into the top corner from just outside the box. It didn't faze Ireland much though as they displayed an impressive possession game and almost equalised when a cross to the far post was almost turned in by an unmarked Aiden McGeady, but his close range effort was blocked by Pletikosa. Croatia calmed their nerves somewhat in the 41st minute when a deep cross to the far post was headed home by an unmarked Eduardo.

The second half was just the same as the first, with both sides having a few half chances. Croatia looked to have put the game beyond doubt in the 66th minute when a through ball took out the Irish defence and Petric just got to the ball ahead of Given, who perhaps came too far out of his goal, to square the ball across for Eduardo to score his second of the game. Kevin Doyle could have scored a consolation goal for Ireland, but after a tricky run into the box his effort was easily stopped at the near post. Croatia put the icing on the cake in injury time when some neat interplay down the left lead to the ball being passed to Modric in the centre who then put Petric through on goal and his shot cannoned in off the post to make it four. Ireland were unlucky overall and played some nice passing football, but Croatia at times were hard to break down and Ireland couldn't create as many clear cut chances as Croatia.

Croatia goal scorers: Modric (5'), Eduardo (41', 66'), Petric (90')

Petric adds a fourth.

Italy 2 - 0 Croatia

My El Nicko hoodoo continues in a game which was a role reversal of my first match of the tournament against Stunstone in that no one team dominated and both teams had several decent chances, but Italy's quality shone through. Taking a break from front pages, Mario Balotelli made sure he would make the 'papers for the right reasons when he strolled past a couple of Croatia defenders and slotted a neat finish past Pletikosa in the 13th minute. Croatia had a great chance to hit back soon after but Eduardo's effort from the six yard line after a flick on from a long throw was blocked by Buffon. Domenico Criscito was the unlikely scorer of Italy's second in the 27th minute when he received the ball in space on the left, and his firmly hit daisy cutter shot from just outside the box seemed to catch Pletikosa by surprise as it just evaded his and several other player's reach as it found the bottom corner. Croatia had a few decent chances, with Eduardo again having their best chance to get back into the game, but they just couldn't seem to find any luck in front of goal. Italy could have made it three reasonably late into the game, but Pazzini's near post effort looked goal-bound but for a excellent save by Pletikosa.

Italy likely just need one win out of their next two games to give themselves a good chance of qualifying, whereas Croatia need to hope lightning strikes twice for an underdog as they must cause an upset against Spain to have any real hope of qualifying.

Italy scorers: Balotelli (13'), Criscito (27')

• Paid Members

I, I...I KEPT A CLEAN SHEET!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Good game, TUFC's write up is spot on really. That long throw with the flick on really caught me off guard and Eduardo was a constant nuisance, but happily it was one of my better defensive displays since I've been playing UKFF'ers. Ballotelli made all the difference for me and I felt the second goal was a little harsh, but at least I took advantage of the time and space. Really happy with my performance, especially seeing as stunstone got tanked 4-0 and I feared for the worst!

Stunstone, ready when you are.

Virgin Media is fucked up all over the country at the mo, I can get on here and Skype but not PSN and other major websites!

yeah same here can get on net but not PSN ,has it got something to do with the double speed thing

Nope, they havn't started that yet. It seems to be working alright now just a temporary fuck up with the entire network.

Archived