New Raw & Smackdown House Show Stage

danchilton

• Paid Members

Doesn't really warrant its own thread (and we have multiple threads for stuff like that). Anyway, looks nifty, but I honestly can't see them bothering to bring it over here. Costs a bomb to fly that kind of thing, and it's not gonna shift many tickets.

Doesn't really warrant its own thread (and we have multiple threads for stuff like that). Anyway, looks nifty, but I honestly can't see them bothering to bring it over here. Costs a bomb to fly that kind of thing, and it's not gonna shift many tickets.

i'm fairly sure WWE has its own storage unit over here anyway, so building 2 lots and getting it shipped over at a 1 off price to have it kept over here would be beneficial in the long run i suppose.

• Paid Members

i'm fairly sure WWE has its own storage unit over here anyway, so building 2 lots and getting it shipped over at a 1 off price to have it kept over here would be beneficial in the long run i suppose.

But then they'd have to pay the production cost of a second stage, and transportation costs.

As far as I'm aware, WWE use a UK-based company to provide stage and lights for their UK tours, any way.

• Paid Members

It wouldn't be beneficial, though. The stage isn't what sells the tickets - trust me, anybody who's that much of a connoisseur is already going to the shows. It'd be a hugely unnecessary expense to build a second stage set, especially when you're only going to use it 10-15 times a year. It won't make a difference to the live gate.

• Paid Members
Well they didn't need to do it in America but have. It won't sell more tickets there, and probably still costs them a fair bit extra to set it up and transport it for each show there.

What did WWE use for domestic house shows beforehand? The full HD set, or just a bog-standard set-up?

Well they didn't need to do it in America but have. It won't sell more tickets there, and probably still costs them a fair bit extra to set it up and transport it for each show there.

What did WWE use for domestic house shows beforehand? The full HD set, or just a bog-standard set-up?

From my recollection of the few times i have seen photos / clips. they use something that resembles the old FWA stage with two brand logos either side of a square framed entrance. If they even used anything at all before in the states or just had them come out from backstage without an entrance

In my opinion the reason for the stage is the return factor. Im sure we have a bit of an argument on here a while ago about why WWE should spruce up the glasgow house show with TV quality shizzle. Now I see why they dont on international shows that sell but the concept with this improved entrance is to shift repeat ticket sales. People go to watch what they see on TV so the closer it is to TV without breaking the bank the better as although it wont attract first timers it can create return visits from people who see things like that as part of a higher quality show

• Paid Members

Domestic house show business is a far harder market than touring the UK. They'll feel the need to make it as close to a "WWE experience" as possible. Over here, they just need to stick the name WWE up and people buy tickets. It would be an unnecessary expense.

I miss show specific sets.

I think it would add something to the feel of shows, if Raw and SD had different sets again. Gives a feel that the two brands are indeed different. (Although that increasingly doesn't seem to matter).

Either way, it makes the house show look a bit better, and I've always been baffled as to why there wasn't a bigger emphasis on branding, and visuals with titantrons and the what not. Have they always had screens though in the US for house shows? It makes good sense as it allows pre-show shiz to be shown as well, like re-caps, storyline advancement etc.

I told you all. I told you for a long time about WWE's production values and how people that go to the house shows want to see what they do on TV every week. I told you all and you all shook your heads and disbelief and now look what's happened. Coincidence? I don't think so. I think WWE is stuck in a rut just now and due to my personal dislike of many of the wrestlers there i really couldn't care less how deep that rut is but a rut they're in nonetheless and they have someone with their fingers on the pulse. Daniel Bryan champion? Zack Ryder champion? Now a change in house show sets? It just shows you when you speak loud and clear and make your voice heard....people listen and this time the right people have listened now while your Zack Ryders and Daniel Bryans are causing television viewers to turn off in their droves, this new change for the house show market, i am confident, will increase business..........once word gets out of course and i've been told various WWE wrestlers have beent tweeting about it as have the fans.

And as for the other naysayers in this thread, the WWE house show set up in the states is exactly the same as they ones for the UK house shows and it's the same for other international tours too so don't try and put a downer on the thread with your negativity and say 'oooh it costs too much to ship it over' and 'all they need to do is put the name WWE up and they will sell tickets'. Technically that's true but let's be fair here, it's been a few years since WWE sold anything out in England and Wales. I know the arenas are bigger and it's more of a tourist hot spot than anything, all the monuments and Royal Palaces etc but at the end of the day money talks and this is about making money. You might not see the bigger picture, you might not see the woods from the trees, you might not be able to think outside that tiny tiny little box that society has taught you think in but in time, in time people, see this tiger rick? This is how you make a point on an internet forum, not suspending me for 7 days saying i talk rivers of drivel. This in time, will make WWE fans think they are getting something like they see on TV. It's about the experience and whether you all like it or not, all the lights and pyro and the big show feel WWE has is a big part of their business. People love it! They love the showbusiness side to wrestling and now WWE has finally realised this.

Archived