New Raw & Smackdown House Show Stage

danchilton

I told you all. I told you for a long time about WWE's production values and how people that go to the house shows want to see what they do on TV every week. I told you all and you all shook your heads and disbelief and now look what's happened. Coincidence? I don't think so. I think WWE is stuck in a rut just now and due to my personal dislike of many of the wrestlers there i really couldn't care less how deep that rut is but a rut they're in nonetheless and they have someone with their fingers on the pulse. Daniel Bryan champion? Zack Ryder champion? Now a change in house show sets? It just shows you when you speak loud and clear and make your voice heard....people listen and this time the right people have listened now while your Zack Ryders and Daniel Bryans are causing television viewers to turn off in their droves, this new change for the house show market, i am confident, will increase business..........once word gets out of course and i've been told various WWE wrestlers have beent tweeting about it as have the fans.

And as for the other naysayers in this thread, the WWE house show set up in the states is exactly the same as they ones for the UK house shows and it's the same for other international tours too so don't try and put a downer on the thread with your negativity and say 'oooh it costs too much to ship it over' and 'all they need to do is put the name WWE up and they will sell tickets'. Technically that's true but let's be fair here, it's been a few years since WWE sold anything out in England and Wales. I know the arenas are bigger and it's more of a tourist hot spot than anything, all the monuments and Royal Palaces etc but at the end of the day money talks and this is about making money. You might not see the bigger picture, you might not see the woods from the trees, you might not be able to think outside that tiny tiny little box that society has taught you think in but in time, in time people, see this tiger rick? This is how you make a point on an internet forum, not suspending me for 7 days saying i talk rivers of drivel. This in time, will make WWE fans think they are getting something like they see on TV. It's about the experience and whether you all like it or not, all the lights and pyro and the big show feel WWE has is a big part of their business. People love it! They love the showbusiness side to wrestling and now WWE has finally realised this.

I would really like to think this was all said tongue in cheek but I honestly don't think it was.

Have they always had screens though in the US for house shows?

No. It seems to depend on the arena. If you search Youtube for WWE house show entrances, a lot of the US ones are even more basic than the shows here. There are some where the wrestlers are just walking out from behind a curtain with no set/staging whatsoever.

I think WWE is stuck in a rut just now and due to my personal dislike of many of the wrestlers there i really couldn't care less how deep that rut is

Come on, crazyshady. Your niece wouldn't like to hear you talking like that, if she was real. Still, if she was real, she'd be starting her 24-year sentence in your custom-built cellar about now and she wouldn't get to see another house show for a long time anyway.

WWE.com has a new video about the sets. They look pretty good and listen to what those fans in attendance have to say about.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-debuts-new-live-event-set

Don't anyone ever tell me again that fans that go to house shows don't want them to have a 'big show' feel about them. This is a big step i feel to increasing live event business.

I agree with crazyshady. When a parent is watching superstars with his kids and sees the adverts that WWE is coming to town and the kids want mum and dad to buy the tickets the casual audience and the families will expect to see the same as what they see on TV. All the lights all the big entrance just the way it is presented on TV. A casual family audience do not know what "house shows" are. As far as their concerned all the live events are all the same and treated the same way.

If i was a dad with two boys and did not go on forums and was not a wrestling fan myself as a casual audience member buying tickets for my family i would be expecting to see the production to be the same as what is seen on TV. If it was not i would be very disappointed as the lights and the entranceway showing the videos is a big part of the spectacle of watching WWE. Just having the ring in the middle of the arena floor and it being all dark with the talent coming out of a small metal archway down the aisle just would not cut it for me as a casual audience member paying dad taking my boys along.

the new house show set is nothing like the TV show set tho, they've just replaced the curtain with a screen and added an arch (or triangle or whatever you want to call it)! to be fair the A Merch shows probably have as big a setup as the WWE house shows!!!

thing is how many people reseach what they setup will be in advance and don't buy a ticket based on that. I'm sure a lot of people have a bit of a shock when they see the house show setup, I certainly did the first time I went to one, but they're already there and have paid - give them a good show and I can't see them going it was a great show but I'm not going next time they're in town unless they bring a bigger entrance.

• Paid Members
the new house show set is nothing like the TV show set tho, they've just replaced the curtain with a screen and added an arch (or triangle or whatever you want to call it)! to be fair the A Merch shows probably have as big a setup as the WWE house shows!!!

Funnily enough, looking at the photos on the article on WWE.com, the first photo of the previous set up made me immediately think, "That looks like the A-Merchandise setup."

Archived