Monday Night Raw Discussion

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good promo the only thing that spoilt it for me was the fact the crowd chanted Cena suck at the beginning and then when he needed them to do it right at the end only a few did it. Everything else was great Mr Excitement had some cracking one liners best being ''You dont want any of this''

• Paid Members

Well, to me, and bear in mind that I watch the show only occassionally, it was not a good show. From Ace and Punk's back and forth, with Punk throwing out AJPW references and Ace being as terrible with his delivery as he always is, it really fell flat with me. Booker/Rhodes was just faaaar too slow and the crowd shat all over it aside from right at the end as Booker made the pin, Cena backstage with Ryder was dogshit, the Ryder-mixed tag was what it was, Otunga/Show was awkward and clunky, was surprised to see Henry do anything though with his injury, Cena coming out to confront Kane was ruined by The Miz who made no sense, saying his Mania win against Cena was tainted becase of the Rock, but then proceeding to get counted out because "it doesn't matter" how he beat Cena cause he's The Miz and he's samey.

Punks match with Swagger was OK but I have no time for Swagger. Does anybody have time for Swagger? The Ziggler match was actually on balance the best thing on the show, let down by Johnny Ace's awkwardness in general and Vicky's incesscent....noise. The Cena/Kane showdown was great, I want nothing more then to go buy a t-shirt of some description...Cena Sucks, maybe? Or rise above hate? They were showing shots of members of the crowd lookitng BORED OUT OF THEIR MINDS and they didn't do what they were told and chant Cena Sucks, which I found funny.

So yeah all in all, I didn't it much.

• Moderators

I've only read the spoilers, but reading those I was disappointed. I was hoping for Punk to get ace crushered into oblivion. Johnny Ace has been made so much more likable than Punk. CM Punk is one of the worst babyfaces of all time.

Yeah, Kane can piss right off. Can't even get a Chicago crowd to chant Cena sucks. Terrible. At least Cena interrupted the inevitable "I may wear a mask, but its all of you that wear a mask" shite that Kane was spewing. When Big Show turns in a couple of weeks, him and Kane can get back together (again), hold the tag titles for 6 months and everyone can relax, and go back to not giving a monkey's about either of them.

Other than that, Raw wasn't too bad. The "Executive Vice President of Monday Night Raw....." John Laurinaitis is still the highlight. He can't cut a promo to save his life, but at least its all taken on as part of the act. He's like Mike Adamle, only slightly better on the stick. Can't wait to see him get in the ring.

Hopefully we do see actually Brodus Clay next week, not been the best of build ups, but the idea of frustrating him for weeks, intentional or not, is a good one.

Great to see Ziggler get moved up the card. Obviously he won't win the title next week, but hopefully its a start of a sustained main event push.

R-Truth returning was entertaining for what it was, its good that hes kept his mental gimmick, even if he has turned pseudo-face.

So, with all this, and the conclusion to the It Begins (or ends), I'm really looking forward to next week. Good show.

Edit: Oh, but Del Rio and Ricardo with the wheelchair was a right laugh. Apparently hes only out of the ring for a month, so hopefully they are both kept on screen.

Only caught the episode from the Gauntlet match, really enjoying Punk's in ring work and also Dolph Ziggler and him put together a great little match. Would love to see those two go at it over the next few months much more than Rock/Cena.

Kane's promo was well delivered and served its purpose, however I doubt after years and years of Cena refusing to turn he's suddenly going to change because Kane told him too. Its gonna build and build I think, I dont mind Cena at this point in time, he's not great and never will be but at the moment he's inoffensive.

With next weeks big reveal of who the vignettes are for, the Punk/Ziggler match which hopefully gets given time or sets up a big PPV match it should be decent, the build to Mania is always a good time of year to watch.

I've only read the spoilers, but reading those I was disappointed. I was hoping for Punk to get ace crushered into oblivion. Johnny Ace has been made so much more likable than Punk. CM Punk is one of the worst babyfaces of all time.

Stop smoking crack and actually watch the program

Kane promo was fantastic, one of the best of the year for me. Was glad they have tied his return in with the 'Boos are getting to Cena' story rather than just have him face Cena as the unstoppable monster, much more refreshing. The promo was spot on with content, really got over the story but done in a sadistic Kane style that he did so well last year. Would have probably been better had the louder Cena Sucks chants been at the end but it didn't really harm it. Cena played a blinder too with his facial expressions.

Truth's return was great too, intense and funny "Should old aquaintance be forgot? No, they gone get got!" Top stuff.

Punks match with Swagger was OK but I have no time for Swagger. Does anybody have time for Swagger?

Couldn't agree more with you. I once was bothered for about a week when he won the World Heavyweight Championship and went to SmackDown. At the time I knew it was a shit outcome for a winner of the MITB match and then to win the title but I gave it a chance. Swagger started trying to cover his lisp and began to show some character with Vickie Guerrero. Although the next week this soon went down the shitter and I realized how bland he is.

Raw this week wasn't too great. I didn't mind the opening segment and the first match between Booker/Rhodes wasn't bad but the show continued going downhill. I liked -Truth returning but his beatdown looked shit. I can't stand Cena at the moment and once again he wasn't in a match for another week. It's a cushy job no wonder he gives us that weekly promo on how much he 'loves his job'.

Stop smoking crack and actually watch the program

He's not a good babyface . . . you know, unless you focus on the crowd reactions he gets and the amount of merch he sells . . . but that would just be ridiculous.

His hair is greasy!

I liked the first hour, John is a good heel authority figure and I'm liking him more and more by the week. Cody and Booker was a great long match, I've always hated Cody ever since he debuted, however since about November I've seen something in him that shouts "Big Star" just like Dolph Ziggler. The Mixed Tag was alright with Eve looking as hot as ever. But it all went down hill from the second hour, the crowd seemed to die. The Miz is shit, he's facial expressions made it look like he slipped on a banana and banged his chin on a table or something. Kane's new character was good whilst it lasted, but he shouldn't be talking. Cena was far superior on the mic in his segment for some reason, it goes to show that when he isn't doing the "comedy" he is great.

CM Punk isn't a good babyface though, he's smug and condescending and throws in his clever little smart mark references that alienate a significant proportion of the audience. No wonder people switch off once his self satisfied mug appears on the screen.

I'll watch Raw when my brother gets back from work later, but this looks like a good enough show. Ziggler getting a title match next week is a good thing, and I have no doubt he'll prove that he deserves to get a run around the main event picture. When I was watching TLC with some friends the other week, I said I wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler was in the title match at the Rumble as it's usually a title match that isn't considered hugely important as it isn't crucial to selling the PPV. With him getting a title match next week, I wonder whether that could still happen, but the thought of him being the shining star of the Royal Rumble could be even better.

Again, it looks like some interesting things going on with Cena and teasing a potential heel turn at some point down the road. I'll chip in later with some more solid thoughts once I've seen the show, but from what you guys are saying, it sounds like a good promo from Kane and serious Cena.

• Paid Members

Raw had its moments. The start with Johnny Ace coming out mocking Punk was excellent, he's such a prick.

Hopefully WWE realise that a heel in a wheelchair instantly makes them more entertaining and keep Del Rio around to cut promos. Heels On Wheels!

The Kane promo started out shite but finished strong, Cena looking torn with the mixed reaction to end the show was tremendous. I love what they're doing with Cena just now, it has so much potential. You have Piper/Kane telling Cena that the fans aren't worth his time and ultimate good guy Cena, is unsure if the fans are worth the hours he puts in for them. His promo was a cracker too, he managed to get the hostile crowd partly on his side. He won't get the praise he deserves for it though. Cena without the shite comedy is such a force on the stick, you wish WWE would start to realise this.

Archived