Monday Night Raw Discussion

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thought it was an alright show, nothing epic but certainly not terrible.

The bit with the Funkman coming out to Punk's music and doing his gestures was piss funny. Also piss funny is his repeated attempts to be 'fun' with the fans. "I'm giving you the night off....haha! No I'm not! I'm surprising and exciting!!" :laugh: his little quips are gold. GOLD I tell you. When Otunga was ripping into Big Show backstage-

"Otunga: And just because your the shortest reigning World Champion in history!"

"John boy: '...Still a title reign!"

He's brilliant and he really, really, really gets the crowd under his skin. He's the perfect foil for Punk.

Match-wise, I thought Booker and cody had a cracking little contest. I still enjoy watching Booker and I think him getting the duke keeps the feud going nicely. Also, I discovered that I'd be much less inclined to fast forward through segments containing divas if they were involved in more mixed tag bouts rather than matches with just the divas in them, if that makes sense.

Again, it looks like some interesting things going on with Cena and teasing a potential heel turn at some point down the road.

Agreed. I don't think they'll roll with the turn but I love how they're playing up to it more.

I can't stand Cena at the moment and once again he wasn't in a match for another week. It's a cushy job no wonder he gives us that weekly promo on how much he 'loves his job'.

Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it. :blink:

CM Punk isn't a good babyface though, he's smug and condescending and throws in his clever little smart mark references that alienate a significant proportion of the audience. No wonder people switch off once his self satisfied mug appears on the screen.

So who would we say are good baby faces in the WWE right now?

I mean Punk is definitely getting the strongest reaction (maybe Zach Ryder rivals him on certain nights).

The Rock was condescending and smug, so is Triple H.

• Paid Members

I bet Cody's enjoying the "rub" he's getting from Booker eh? Whoever decided to let it go that long should be sacked. Booker looked like he was going to have a heart attack by the end.

Boring show, all round. The look of the crowd during Kane's promo summed it up. On a positive note, I really enjoyed R-Truth's return, and Johnny Ace continues to make a great authority figure, the smarmy delivery of his "It wouldn't be fair to face you after you've already wrestled" line was spot on!

I do find it funny that WWE's going to try and "elevate" Ziggler again, while he still has a giant anchor weighing him down. It worked out so well last January , right? In a sad way, much like with Cody, they probably believe they're helping him.

Meh. Next weeks should be much, much better!

WWE is political correctness at its worst and John Cena sadly has that clean cut Disney image that WWE craves.

Oh joy, you're one of those morons as well.

Anyway, Raw was OK this week. Some of it was good (Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and interim General Manager of Raw: Johnny "Mr. Excitement" Ace, Punk/Ziggler and the Cena/Kane promo) and some of it was bad (the 7 hour Rhodes/Booker match, Booker T beating Rhodes in that match, The Bella Twins appearing for no reason, the Show/Henry/Otunga/Bryan bollocks).

Next week's should be a cracker: The big "it begins" reveal, Brodus finally making his debut (maybe), Punk Vs. Ziggler. It can't really go wrong, can it? Touch wood.

I agree with anyone saying it was pretty boring.

After a good start to Kane's return, he has already gone back to the boring, droning damp-fart of a promo that he was before his latest holiday. While the delivery is good (in a cheesy wrestling/B-Movie way) the content is just very dull and the crowd were completely falling asleep during it. That might be the flattest most boring end to RAW in years.

During the Cena/Miz match the crowd reacted like it was two heels, i.e. no-one seemed to care much. Miz has become a dull character recently, and I'm scared now that Truth is going to suck balls again, now that he's back to being a face.

The Punk/Ace stuff was pretty good and the Ziggler match was great. Doph is looking great at the moment, his match with Bryan last week was fucking brilliant until it got "Teddy Long'd" into a Tag Team Match Playas.

Just felt like a lot of filler this week, which I guess is fair enough if they have big plans next week. The Ziggler/Punk match should be awesome next week and I look forward to seeing the return/debut of Skip "The New Undertaker"Jeri-sting (accompanied by Shane & Steph).

I did think it was quite funny when RAW went off the air with Cena doing his 'Joey from Friends' confused face.

• Moderators
CM Punk isn't a good babyface though, he's smug and condescending and throws in his clever little smart mark references that alienate a significant proportion of the audience. No wonder people switch off once his self satisfied mug appears on the screen.

I mean Punk is definitely getting the strongest reaction (maybe Zach Ryder rivals him on certain nights).

220px-Orton_Royal_Rumble_2009.jpg

220px-Orton_Royal_Rumble_2009.jpg

Big Show too, he's a genuinely likeable guy and usually gets a really good reaction from fans, although Orton is on another level to most. I do like Punk as a babyface though, he won't appeal to everyone like an Orton or Show, but for teenage and young adult smart arses, he's a total face. It definitely didn't help Punk that he never really had that defining face turn moment - other than in Chicago, his early face reactions were split half way because he was against Cena.

• Paid Members
I've only read the spoilers, but reading those I was disappointed. I was hoping for Punk to get ace crushered into oblivion. Johnny Ace has been made so much more likable than Punk. CM Punk is one of the worst babyfaces of all time.

Stop smoking crack and actually watch the program

He's not a good babyface . . . you know, unless you focus on the crowd reactions he gets and the amount of merch he sells . . . but that would just be ridiculous.

His hair is greasy!

~I wouldn't go down the facts route if I were you, someone'll just bring up the ratings.

Archived