IPW:UK 28/04/12:REVOLUTION Official Thread - Carlito, Chris Masters

Andy

Excellent little hype video that. IPW:UK have really put on some of the best "match" videos I've seen in all of BritWres and that one now joins the ones they did for Scurll/Generico and Frazier/Samuels.I really really want to go to this but I just cant afford getting to London :(I know we're all presuming Scurll is going to win the belt, but Callihan is over in May, he's a regular for wXw and I know a lot of promotions want him to come back over. He could be the first(?) American to win an IPW:UK Title and he'll be the next international wrestler to hold an IPW:UK Title belt after Claudio Castagnoli almost five years ago.

I would agree, which just makes this match even better, it makes perfect sense for either to win. Andy also did an interview on dropkick radio somewhat recently and said how he truely considers Sami Callihan a member of the IPW:UK roster, sort of like how El Generico has been over the last few years. http://www.podbean.com/podcast-download?b=...ildan_IPWUK.mp3 Also Coby, is Claudio american? :crazy:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First American did have a question mark as I don't know if any of the Title's could have been held by a regular visitor to these shores in the early days of the promotion. Looking at the Title history and no, no Americans have held any of IPW:UK's Title belts and SMH are the only international wrestlers to have ever won IPW:UK gold.I kinda am hoping for Callihan to surprise all and win the belt..... I could always do with seeing Sami live as much as possible.Quick question to Andy, I presume this show is going to be filmed? Any idea if we could get a quick turn around for an On Demand showing? If you get it up quick enough I may go spoiler free and gladly pay the money to watch it.

Glad that Alex is helping out, is anyone else surprised that this event hasn't sold out though?

It's not surprising at all. I'm sorry but ticket prices were way too high when it was first announced. It's in London which is a costly venture in itself if you don't live in or anywhere near London. There were no names other than Carlito and Masters when it was first announced, nothing that in any way justified the inflated ticket prices, other than the promise of NWE being involved and the potential that bigger names were going to come. Nash was the only big name they were able to secure, and they only did that four months after the show was announced, two months before it was due to take place, and they had to add cheaper tickets along with the announcement.

The 'surprise' is that IPW:UK decided to go on with the show after those fraudsters in NWE pulled out because IPW:UK are a good, decent and honest promotion who don't want to see fans screwed over and cause another black eye to British wrestling. I am glad .. Ethics have got involved as any advertisement will help, I can't help but feel it's too little too late at this stage. Five days isn't enough word to get the word out about a big show, and when people enquire as to HOW big it is.... "Well we've got two former WWE midcarders"

Been meaning to get tickets for this for weeks, just waiting for my mate to tell me what ticket he wants to go for and then we are booking in the morning. This will be my 1st event since Miami and I'm absolutely desperate to go to another show as I've been even more obsessed with wrestling since 'Mania week.

Shame Nash (an old favourite of mine) won't be there but to be honest my main reason for going will be to see a packed card in a quality venue with an appearance by the 'Callihan Death Machine' Sami Callihan, he is well worth the journey from B'ham to London.

As its an early start does anyone have a vague idea of the finish time, just wondering if there is a chance of getting the last train back or having to navigate the nightmare streets of central London in my car.

Fair play to Andy and IPW for going ahead with the card, I wish them every success and hope they get a good crowd.

A full update coming soon but just thought I'd quickly answer a few questions

Quick question to Andy, I presume this show is going to be filmed? Any idea if we could get a quick turn around for an On Demand showing? If you get it up quick enough I may go spoiler free and gladly pay the money to watch it.

The answer to this is I'm unsure and haven't had time to think about it! lol It will be edited quickly. I think we may wait to take it to DVD, but we are aiming for a quick turn around time. A decision will be made by the close of play on Monday.

As its an early start does anyone have a vague idea of the finish time, just wondering if there is a chance of getting the last train back or having to navigate the nightmare streets of central London in my car.

Doors 5.30, Bell Time 6.30 and the show should be finished by 9.30pm

Apologies if this has been asked before. My tickets arrived today but didn't include any meet and greet tickets. Do I just have to bring the confirmation email for that? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Yeah, for meet and greet just bring along confirmation e-mail and we shall cross you off the guest list as you arrive. We will release a full meet & greet/event FAQ likely Thursday AM.

Apologies if this has been asked before. My tickets arrived today but didn't include any meet and greet tickets. Do I just have to bring the confirmation email for that? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Yeah, for meet and greet just bring along confirmation e-mail and we shall cross you off the guest list as you arrive. We will release a full meet & greet/event FAQ likely Thursday AM.

Excellent, thank you for your quick response. After my initial Nash disappointment I'm really looking forward to this show. Best of luck with the preparations!

Out of interest, what is the show in England where the biggest arena has featured the least amount of people? I'm not saying this show will be a failure (I'm still holding out for a Goldberg surprise appearance) but somebody got something which got me thinking.

Out of interest, what is the show in England where the biggest arena has featured the least amount of people? I'm not saying this show will be a failure (I'm still holding out for a Goldberg surprise appearance) but somebody got something which got me thinking.

Surely in recent time that honour would go to the final WWA tour promoted over here, must have only filed about 20% of the capacity at Wembley arena (or was it the old London arena?)

Archived