IPW:UK 28/04/12:REVOLUTION Official Thread - Carlito, Chris Masters

Andy

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Gadge's twitter:

Marty Scurll over Sami Callihan in the main event to become the new IPW:UK Cruiser Weight Champion

Dave Mastiff, Martin Stone & Terry Frazier over Sha Samuels, T-Bone and Rockstar Spud when Mastiff outlasted Spud and by the sounds of it, killed him, to win the match.

Chris Masters beat Stixx

Leroy Kincaide beat Carlito

Unknown who won the EVE Tag belts

Mark Haskins beat Joel Redman in what may have been Redman's farewell to England before going to Florida

Kris Travis won the MITB with the assist from Martin Kirby. Ego challenging for the tag belts officially now?

Just on my way back from the show. It was an enjoyable show and the venue looked great. Unfortunately, the seating plan was terrible and we were forced to move as our seats were no longer available (they were). We ended up moving a few rows back and standing up to watch the show as that's the only way we could see the action!

Return to Sittingbourne announced for Sunday June 3. Akira Tozawa to face Haskins in tournament to decide new #1 contender to British heavyweight title. Rene Dupree also announced. There was no Dragon Gate 'announcement' unless Tozawa was it (although he was on a flyer which was on seats so was very anti-climatic if so.)

First match was the ladder match. Was your typical ladder match, pretty enjoyable. Kris Travis got the win after Kirby lifted him up - they'll surely get their tag title shot now.

Second was the Haskins/Redman match. I had trouble seeing this one as this was before we had moved. Looked good from what I saw, Haskins got the win after a low blow and superkick with referee down.

The women's tag match was third, was ok from what I could see, Blossom Twins won after a rollup.

Last match before the break was Carlito vs. Leroy Kincaide. Hopefully Kincaide will be back full-time as I like him. Another decent match that Kincaide won with the Spinal Tap.

After intermission, we started with Chris Masters vs. Stixx. Stixx impressed me with it being the first time I've seen him. Took Masters to the limit before submitting to the Masterlock. Masters played up to the crowd a lot.

The six-man tag match was second last. An enjoyable affair with all six guys getting their fair share of the limelight. It was eventually left to Mastiff and Spud and big Dave absolutely destroyed him with a splash. Interesting that Samuels and Frazier fought to the back - maybe a rematch somewhere down the line?

Main event was, as expected, really good. Callihan continues to wow me, he is terrific and makes everything look so real. He injured Marty's leg early on and targeted it for most of the match. Marty kept coming back and they fought all over the ringside area before Scurll reversed a Stretch Muffler attempt into a small package to become the new British Cruiserweight champion.

Overall I enjoyed it, much like I do every time at IPW:UK shows. Must admit though that I prefer the Sittingbourne shows but I praise IPW for trying to go big with this. The floor seats had a decent attendance, would say about 75% of them were filled but didn't manage to see the balcony seats. I'm glad I only paid

Just on my way back from the show. It was an enjoyable show and the venue looked great. Unfortunately, the seating plan was terrible and we were forced to move as our seats were no longer available (they were). We ended up moving a few rows back and standing up to watch the show as that's the only way we could see the action!

Yes. I'm sure the show was good, but we couldn't see it and left early. We were told balcony tickets weren't for sale which was clearly bollocks, so had to sit on the floor where we couldn't even see the ring. I've never been to a show before where the ring is lower than the floor seating. There's a reason for that. A whole family next to us left after the 2nd match because even the adults couldn't see let alone the children. I hope they complained before they left.

Either way, from what I saw, the ladder match was awful, Redman vs Haskins was very good, Carlito v Leroy was really good. Masters vs. Stixx was really good, the best match I think. Women's match was OK and the 6 man was pretty good. I'd imagine Scurll vs Calihan was the best match but we'd gone by that point.

Real shame, but I'd assume (correctly I imagine) the people in the ringside area, or the front of the floor seating had a really good time. Nice set up etc.

Just realised my line about not being able to see because we had to sit on the floor would probably get some hilarious response, so I'll just add....sit on chairs on the floor...just in case.

• Paid Members

Front row balcony seats had less legroom than some of the seats at the Albert Hall in Nottingham, knowing the right person meant I watched the second half from the third row of ringside which was great. I hope IPW can somehow find a way to run the venue to a pricing structure they have full say over...

Yes. I'm sure the show was good, but we couldn't see it and left early. We were told balcony tickets weren't for sale which was clearly bollocks, so had to sit on the floor where we couldn't even see the ring. I've never been to a show before where the ring is lower than the floor seating. There's a reason for that. A whole family next to us left after the 2nd match because even the adults couldn't see let alone the children. I hope they complained before they left.

Either way, from what I saw, the ladder match was awful, Redman vs Haskins was very good, Carlito v Leroy was really good. Masters vs. Stixx was really good, the best match I think. Women's match was OK and the 6 man was pretty good. I'd imagine Scurll vs Calihan was the best match but we'd gone by that point.

Real shame, but I'd assume (correctly I imagine) the people in the ringside area, or the front of the floor seating had a really good time. Nice set up etc.

Just realised my line about not being able to see because we had to sit on the floor would probably get some hilarious response, so I'll just add....sit on chairs on the floor...just in case.

That's strange, did you buy tickets on the door? Yeah, the whole layout of the lower floor was just strange. As I said, if I had paid over

• Paid Members

Decent show overall, but I felt that Scurll/Callihan stole it. Dave Mastiff pretty much killing Spud was immense.

And in an evil yet brilliant ruse, my mate (being well aware of my hatred of Lion Kid) made a detour to the bar via Lion Kid's merch stand and returned with a signed photo written out to me. :(

Front row balcony seats had less legroom than some of the seats at the Albert Hall in Nottingham, knowing the right person meant I watched the second half from the third row of ringside which was great.

Funny you should say that; our fourth row view became partially obstructed in the second half by a new arrival in front. ;)

Interesting that Samuels and Frazier fought to the back - maybe a rematch somewhere down the line?

As Terry won the Swanley Battle Royal, I'm very sure about that.

And as mentioned before, the view tonight was more than terrible, which is a real pity, as IPW usually puts up a hell of a show

Just back in from the near 3 hour drive back from London. The continual rain on drive back has driven me mad which didn't help as my sat nav took me on a mystery tour of north London towns before I even got to the motorway.

Really enjoyed the show, my 1st live IPW event, good mix of matches, had a great seat which wasn't bad considering I only bought it today. I realise IPW have probably lost a fair amount on this show but fair play to them for carrying on without NWE. I hope it brings them a new audience. Mart v Sami was match of the night, with Haskins v Redman a close 2nd. I enjoyed the ladder match and it was nice to see Martin Stone again as I haven't seen him in ages & Spuds heel character came across well, which resulted in him being totally destroyed by Mastiff.1st time i have seen Dave Mastiff live and i love his Samoa Joe / Morishima style.

I did get fed up of the return of the irrelevant wrestling chant. I don't normally have a moan about this sort of thing as I enjoy a good atmosphere with chanting and people pay their money to attend but at times I heard some pretty distasteful things which had no relevance at all, I had also hoped we were past the point of shouting out some of the things I heard that were aimed at the female wrestlers too, when I could I did pass my thoughts on to those concerned. What always amazes me is that a lot of the time it's clued up fans who know about the business that act like this.

Decent show overall, but I felt that Scurll/Callihan stole it. Dave Mastiff pretty much killing Spud was immense.

And in an evil yet brilliant ruse, my mate (being well aware of my hatred of Lion Kid) made a detour to the bar via Lion Kid's merch stand and returned with a signed photo written out to me. :(

Front row balcony seats had less legroom than some of the seats at the Albert Hall in Nottingham, knowing the right person meant I watched the second half from the third row of ringside which was great.

Funny you should say that; our fourth row view became partially obstructed in the second half by a new arrival in front. ;)

The best

• Paid Members
Interesting that Samuels and Frazier fought to the back - maybe a rematch somewhere down the line?

As Terry won the Swanley Battle Royal, I'm very sure about that.

Royale Rewards in Swanley on the 23rd June? I think. It'll be interesting to see if they build the Swanley match at the Sittingbourne show on June 3rd.

Also: sorry to the former Stug. I blame Philo Vance...

Attended my first IPW show last night and have to say it was a great show from start to finish. Every match was different and in my opinion the best match of the night was either Master vs Stixx or the main event cruiserweight title match. Had very good seats as well right at the front of the upper ground floor. Here are some pics and videos of the show that i took last night.

2012_04_28_19_19_00.jpg

2012_04_28_19_47_36.jpg

2012_04_28_19_53_14.jpg

2012_04_28_19_53_33.jpg

2012_04_28_20_09_09.jpg

2012_04_28_20_50_04.jpg

2012_04_28_20_50_07.jpg

2012_04_28_20_55_35.jpg

2012_04_28_20_55_39.jpg

2012_04_28_21_03_39.jpg

2012_04_28_21_03_42.jpg

2012_04_28_21_03_51.jpg

2012_04_28_21_08_34.jpg

2012_04_28_21_28_55.jpg

2012_04_28_21_29_02.jpg

2012_04_28_21_40_38.jpg

2012_04_28_21_44_13.jpg

Carlito's entrance

Chris Masters Entrance

I will be uploading a few more videos later.

Archived