IPW:UK 28/04/12:REVOLUTION Official Thread - Carlito, Chris Masters

Andy

Real shame about this show, I have never been able to go due to prior arrangements but as said before an IPW:UK show in a venue like the troxy appeals to me, however without Nash the ticket prices still seem a little high. I hope the costs of the venue etc are not so high that this show has no hope of being financially viable

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

As cobystag mentioned, this isn't the first time a British promotion has been burned getting into bed with NWE.

Despite attending just about every 'main' IPW:UK over the last 6 years, I'm not actually interested in going to this show, so the Nash/NWE removal doesn't directly affect me. Like others have said, however, I hope the decision to press ahead with this show doesn't impact upon the future of what has been a leading light in terms of UK wrestling in recent times.

I should put a few fears to bed here. IPW:UK are not in finanicial jepordy.

The misunderstanding has come due to IPW's realistic budget setting, project management and sensible money matters which has seen them as a mainstay on the British Circuit are in force here.

With the former partnership, certain partners had no limit on the budget, and complacency on realistic values were found. When in complete control of the event IPW has rebudgeted the whole event and has discuss appearances with talents on absolutely unrealistic contracts, offered a more reasonable offer and some have taken them and some not. The one's who couldn't agree new terms, obviously fail to mention the SUBSTANCIAL deposit which they keep for no appearance or work. But the majority of the card are still to appear as advertised.

IPW, have once again, shown when the chips are down, they prefer to take the hit than let the fans down. This is when you really see the colours of a company, when they look at taking a hit of thousands of pounds (maybe more) to still give the fans an event in the light of such a mess that has been left, shows me, why amongst other things my company is proud to stand next to and be associaited with IPW:UK.

IPW, have once again, shown when the chips are down, they prefer to take the hit than let the fans down. This is when you really see the colours of a company, when they look at taking a hit of thousands of pounds (maybe more) to still give the fans an event in the light of such a mess that has been left, shows me, why amongst other things my company is proud to stand next to and be associaited with IPW:UK.

I am quoting this for absolute truth. As not only do IPW:UK put on the best shows possible, they are also a true honest and genuine stand up promotion who deserve all the success and praise they get as they do care about the fans and elevating the state of BritWres. I genuinely wish I lived closer to London/it was a possibility for me to get into London as this show does look spectacular.

Find out - 04.28.12 - E10HX - 122222334 mystery unsolved - no find then

Who needs NWE when you have DG:UK! Shingo has a much better mullet than Nash ever did.

I hope that this unfortunate situation can be used to help the growing unity and momentum of the British scene. Britwresfest wasn't perfect but it provided a template for a more united scene. Hopefully other UK promotions such as Progress, Lucha Britannia, Southside, FWA etc can help fill the gaps left on the card in exchange for tables to promote their projects. A sold out Troxy and the great action which IPW:UK always provide could help build a virtuous circle of growth that everyone who cares about wrestling in this country could tap into.

Do not get your hopes up what so ever for any Dragon Gate guys on this show. I would say only the announcement of a show/future co-operation with promotions would be made official on the night.

DG are on tour in Japan that weekend and it's way too close to the show to get in DG guys from Japan right???

Do not get your hopes up what so ever for any Dragon Gate guys on this show. I would say only the announcement of a show/future co-operation with promotions would be made official on the night.

DG are on tour in Japan that weekend and it's way too close to the show to get in DG guys from Japan right???

Yeah, you're right, I was just shilling this show. However, as you say in the other thread after the cryptic build up the announcement will be an event in itself. Besides there are three legit DG:UK stars on this show: Marty Scurll, Mark Haskins and the Lion Kid.

I'm absolutely gutted about Kevin Nash, but I must say that the open and honest way IPW:UK have handled this has made me seriously consider not asking for a refund and still going to the show.

Don't ask for a refund, go to the show and support British wrestling. IPW always put on a good show, why should this one be any different?

Archived