The Christmas Telly Thread

Dead Mike

• Paid Members

I've somehow missed Jingle All The Way, hopefully Film 4 start showing it again.

As far as Christmas Day telly goes, I'll do what I always do, randomly flick through the channels and see what's on. I'm usually so full of food that I'll fall asleep halfway through the programme I picked. It's a great way to spend an evening.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm working right up to thursday but ill be catching the footie all week, friday i'll be watching christmas movies, christmas eve i'll watch the soccer am christmas show then i'm out with my girlfriend and christmas day with be spent watching the soccer saturday special, top of the pops and whatever blurays i get

• Paid Members

Considering there's not a great deal on this year, what's everyone's recommended all-time favourite TV Christmas Special? I'm going with the aforementioned Office Christmas special. It rounded up all the characters beautifully, and this scene never fails to crease me up:

Oh for fff...

• Paid Members

I'm just a horrible, horrible sentimentalist, so I'm going to go with the Office Christmas special, and the 1999 Royle family Christmas special, where Denise has her first baby. I wish that The Queen of Sheba had been broadcast close enough to Christmas to count here, but it actually went on in October.

• Paid Members
I watched Bad Santa and Stardust yesterday. Made me feel right Christmassy!

I caught Stardust this past weekend also, pretty amusing and always great to Michelle Pfeiffer strut her stuff. Decent flick overall though partially ruined by my overly emotional flatmate blubbing like a little girl at every vaguely romantic and/or touching moment (he actually wailed when the star was chatting to the mouse).

Not particularly taken with the festive schedule this year but will ensure to make time for The Sting and Lethal Weapon. It's just not Christmas without a visit from Doyle Lonnegan and Mr. Joshua.

• Paid Members

Gladstone, Are you still planning on doing the Christmas TV run down, Good sir?

So far I've managed to watch 'Home Alone' and 'A Christmas Story'. The latter being pretty enjoyable as I've not seen it in years.

Heads up, Bad Santa is on tonight at 9pm, channel 5.

• Paid Members

Got a new mainstream paysite project that just came in and although it's not much work, I need to get it right so it will bump up the mainstream and paysite side of my CV.

I'll have a gander tonight, though, and do a quick list at the very least.

Christmas Day is rather awesome for TV, a lot of good movies and thats just the terrestrial channels!

The Sword in the Stone (on right now BBC2)

Kung Fu Panda - 12.35 BBC1

Aladdin - 1.15pm ITV

Monsters vs Aliens - 3.10pm BBC1

Ratatouille - BBC1 4.50pm

Big - 5.20 Channel 4

also NFL live on Channel 4 later on! Yes!

Archived