The Christmas Telly Thread

Dead Mike

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the benefit of whoever it was that hadn't seen them,ITV4 are screening ALL FOUR original Rocky films over Christmas.

Rocky Mon 21:00

Rocky 2 Tues 21:00

Rocky 3 Wed 21:00

Rocky 4 Thu 21:00

Actually its better than that, the full schedule is:

Monday - Rocky at 9pm, followed directly by Rocky II.

Tuesday - Rocky II at 9pm, followed directly by Rocky III.

Wednesday - Rocky III at 9pm, followed directly by Rocky IV.

Thursday - Rocky IV at 9pm, followed directly by Rocky V.

Friday - Rocky V at 9pm.

• Paid Members
Doctor Who. No Royle Family this year which is a MAJOR dissapointment and last years was fucking brilliant. Everything else looks terrible. Thought you can't beat a bit of Eastenders at Christmas

The beeb had actually commissioned one for this year but Craig Cash & Caroline Aherne couldn't get it written in time so they've supposedly been told they can leave it til' next year. To me that says that if you haven't got the ideas/gags left in the locker to knock up 50 minutes of telly just leave it alone & move on. Don't force something that will likely be poor, there's plenty of talent out there, give someone else a chance.

Don't force something that will likely be poor, there's plenty of talent out there, give someone else a chance.

Of course. Still can't help but be dissapointed its not on though. Was becoming the new Only Fools with it doing the Xmas specials. Then again OFAH took a 3-4 year break till the 96 ones, so no problem.

Doctor Who. No Royle Family this year which is a MAJOR dissapointment and last years was fucking brilliant. Everything else looks terrible. Thought you can't beat a bit of Eastenders at Christmas

The beeb had actually commissioned one for this year but Craig Cash & Caroline Aherne couldn't get it written in time so they've supposedly been told they can leave it til' next year. To me that says that if you haven't got the ideas/gags left in the locker to knock up 50 minutes of telly just leave it alone & move on. Don't force something that will likely be poor, there's plenty of talent out there, give someone else a chance.

It's nothing to do with them running out of ideas though, Mike. Craig Cash was directing the Cafe and it took longer than expected to edit it. That's why it wasn't done on time, nothing to do with a lack of ideas.

• Paid Members

It's nothing to do with them running out of ideas though, Mike. Craig Cash was directing the Cafe and it took longer than expected to edit it. That's why it wasn't done on time, nothing to do with a lack of ideas.

An what an unfunny, depressing pile of shit that was.

• Paid Members
Is It's A Wonderful Life on this Xmas? Was looking through the TV guide and couldn't see it. I'll mostly be watching films I think this Xmas I think, nothing much interests me, programme-wise.

I'm going to do a Christmas film round-up tonight or tomorrow for anyone who gives a crap. Can't see It's A Wonderful Life, though.

Archived