The Christmas Telly Thread

Dead Mike

• Paid Members

I've not got an xmas Radio Times yet but I saw a clip of the new 'Absolutely Fabulous' chrimbo spesh yesterday which looked beyond dire. What are the Christmas highlights this year? Anything you're looking forward to?

I'm considering ringing Sky tonight, binning off my movie package & getting sports instead solely for the darts.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only two things I'm going to actually plan to watch are 2011 Wipe and The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year. Watched Die Hard last night so that's that taken care of. I'll probably try and squeeze Gremlins in too.

2011 Wipe, Quiz of the Year, Xmas Rude Tube and the Dr Who special are the only 4 things I'm bothered about this year. Need to watch the Jamie Oliver program tomorrow night but that's only because I want to see how he makes his gravy (I stupidly offered to have everyone over to our house this year, so am panicking just slightly).

• Paid Members

Saw a Steptoe and Son Christmas special last night that I haven't seen in years. The one where Harold declares 'We're not going to Bognor' so they book a few days in Switzerland instead. Absolutely cracking.

"Bognor, 'ere we come!"

The only two things I'm going to actually plan to watch are 2011 Wipe and The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year. Watched Die Hard last night so that's that taken care of. I'll probably try and squeeze Gremlins in too.

Good man, same here, been years since I watched it as well.

TV this year looks like shite, my sister always makes a big deal out of it, she bought the TV guide yesterday, but she says it looks rubbish, Ive just DL'ed a bunch of movies to watch.

Sports wise theirs always football, might catch that Lesnar/Overeem fight as well since I like both of them.

For the benefit of whoever it was that hadn't seen them,ITV4 are screening ALL FOUR original Rocky films over Christmas.

Rocky Mon 21:00

Rocky 2 Tues 21:00

Rocky 3 Wed 21:00

Rocky 4 Thu 21:00

Archived