WCW Magazine - The Non-Kayfabe years!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Found a load of old non-kayfabe era WCW mags. And after the vigorous masturbation of finding these gems, I began reading and couldn't believe some of the shit they printed. Exposing the business, slagging off the company, general mental stats, the wrestlers slagging off the other wrestlers, commentators burying the talent. Its a cracking magazine, but completely counter productive. Here's some of the stuff in them:

Letters Page:

Dear WCW Magazine,

It appears Nitro no longer is a show decent enough for the entire family. To see WCW lower itself to the level of the WWF is stomach-turning. As they say

That was a good read. Just imagine WWE printing an article in their magazine from a viewer stating why they don't watch the show anymore, madness. Lex's suck ups got a laugh from me.

I remember typing up a few of Russo's last editorials from the last few Raw Magazines he had before going to WCW, and he was going that way. Nothing on a par with the above though. Brilliant these Ian, please post more if you can be arsed.

Who was running the magazine at that point? Was it part of the London publishing group that ran the Apter mags or was someone else doing it?

Were they the guys that used to run a magazine called POW in about 2002?

Was it not called WOW, as World of Wrestling? I enjoyed that magazine for the brief period it was on sale.

Was it not called WOW, as World of Wrestling? I enjoyed that magazine for the brief period it was on sale.

It was originally WOW, but they changed it to Power Of Wrestling in late 2001. And thanks for posting that, some of the bits in there seemed a bit bizarre, but it was really fun to read.

I use to like the WCW magazine in that era, despite the non-kayfabe stuff, they had some of the sexiest photo shoots ever. Remember Daffney showing off that tattoo? WCW magazine. And pure gold wank material that was the Leia Meow photo shoot.

Archived