Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Ric Flair was in fact at Gathering of the Juggalos over the weekend and hosted the main stage. His presence at the show was cut short, however, after he got hit with a water bottle that was thrown from the crowd and he walked out, refusing to return.

• Paid Members
Ric Flair was in fact at Gathering of the Juggalos over the weekend and hosted the main stage. His presence at the show was cut short, however, after he got hit with a water bottle that was thrown from the crowd and he walked out, refusing to return.

firstly... not surprised

secondly... they really are a bunch of wankers

- WWE has announced that Khloe Kardashian will be the "social media ambassador" for this Monday's post-Summerslam Raw in Fresno, CA.

I've not been watching recently but I'll be continuing that trend by not watching that fucking shite.

Edited by BiffingtonClyro

firstly... not surprised

secondly... they really are a bunch of wankers

I absolutely knew that would happen. I even wrote it on here somewhere when they announced that he was going to be there. Something like

• Paid Members

It's not just that, though. It's also the constant stream of homophobia you also get spewing out of these cunts' mouths, admittedly not helped by pillocks like Officer Colt Cabana doing much the same in his promos.

Still, it's a few thousand tossers off the streets at once, on the plus side.

• Paid Members

I'm going to defend Flair, because there is a section of the net (mostly Juggalos) having a go at him. If he got a bottle off his head, he's done the right thing. They paid him to perform. If the organisers cant control their audience, thats a contract broken. I remember the nWo got rocks thrown at them at Road Wild 97 and they legged it. They had to do their post match promo and subsequent belt spraying in a little hut with an nWo flag behind them. He doesnt need to take that shit.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

In happier news this sounds awesome:

Warner Bros and WWE Studios will coproduce a Scooby-Doo animated feature that will involve a mystery at WrestleMania. This seems a natural, since most Scooby-Doo episodes involved one of the gang pulling off the mask of a criminal who opines he would have gotten away with it if not for those pesky kids. Well, wrestlers are big on wearing masks, and the WWE has lined up its grapplers Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, AJ, and WWE chairman/CEO Vince McMahon to lend their voices and appear in animated form in the film. Warner Bros Home Entertainment will distribute the film through Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download, and the WWE will use its considerable resources to promote the effort, said WWE Studios President Michael Luisi.

• Paid Members

A website called Deadspin is doing a weekly collection of fan memories of meeting wrestlers. Many of them are lame ("Raven wanted to rent Buffy the Vampire Slayer from my DVD store but we didn't have it") and some just annoying ("I walked up to a wrestler while he was having a piss and he wasn't happy") but others are so amazing it doesn't really matter if they are true:

It's 1991, I'm nine years old, and my dad picks me up from school. It's close to summer, and it's an extremely hot day for a Southern California beach city. Probably a blistering 79 degrees. Instead of going straight home where I could take off my pants and watch some goddamn cartoons, my pop tells me we have to go to his work and pick up his paycheck. Ugh. We pull into his work, a warehouse by the airport. He goes into the office area to get his check, and I stay outside. Since I'm a kid, I get bored after waiting for 11 seconds. I decide to go explore. During my short expedition, I notice some kind of shipping container. Obviously, I can't NOT go inside of it and close the door behind me. That's what I do. And of course, now I'm stuck.

If you remember what it's like being nine years old, you know you have zero sense of pride and self-awareness, especially in what seems like a dangerous situation. I didn't even wait a minute before I started screaming at the top of my lungs. Some guy finally comes over and sees me. There's a clear plastic window in the door area, and I can see he's sorta laughing to himself. THANKS MAN. Eventually he tries to open the door, but it won't budge. It locked itself somehow. He tells me he's going to find someone to open it for him, but I'm kinda freaking out and I ask him not to leave. He calls another dude over and they're both just looking at the door, looking at me, looking at the door, and laughing. OH COOL GUYS. NOT LIKE IT'S HOT IN HERE OR ANYTHING. After a few more minutes of these chuckleheads doing nothing, my dad finds me. I can tell he's a little pissed, but he doesn't want to explode in front of people. One of the dimwits that was hanging around tells my dad he's going to get his brother to help out. He says he's a big guy and can probably just pull the door off. My dad looks at him weird and says okay, but says it with a tone that means you're absolutely no help and I'm glad you're going away. Couple more minutes pass, a couple more guys come over to try and get me out, with no luck. One more guy comes over. It's the dude's brother. AND IT'S FUCKING ZEUS. ZEUS. FROM NO HOLDS BARRED. THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT FOUGHT HULK HOGAN IN ONE OF THE WORST (GREATEST -9 year old me) MOVIES EVER MADE. I don't believe it. My dad doesn't believe it. Neither of us believes it when Tommy "Tiny" Lister grabs the door and pulls it off from it's fucking hinges.

Deebo saved my life, or at least saved me from an additional few minutes of sweating in a little box. Almost immediately after Tiny gets me out, some management types arrive at the scene, and they don't look too happy. That is until Tiny introduces himself and calmly, but firmly, explains the situation to them. They melt like butter. It was awesome. Everyone chats it up for a few minutes, talk about Hulk, make fun of me, he signs a few autographs, and that's it. He grabs my shoulder a little, tells me to be careful, and him and his brother leave. My dad and I leave right after, lest the management guys decide to blame him for the damaged container. Our ride home was quiet and somewhat surreal. I think my dad was just happy my dumb ass didn't get him fired. I was wondering how I was gonna tell my friends the bad guy from that Hulk Hogan movie rescued me from certain death.

(Ah, fuck, yeah, wrong thread.)

Edited by JNLister