Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

So, according to Meltzer, the creators of the "Real Housewives" reality TV franchise are in the process of casting the housewives for a new "The Real Housewives of Nashville" show. Apparently, they saw a photo of Dixie Carter, really liked her and are now trying hard to get her to be one of the stars of the show.

If she has been fired (which she might not be), I doubt she's giving up 90 days of WWE money to show up on Impact.

Aye I was having a laugh. Will she go back to Impact seriously though, wasnt there some bad blood between her and management?

• Paid Members
The situation with Kia Stevens (Kharma) and WWE seems like it was a mistake somebody made on the web site as she's been removed from the Alumni section and put back in the active wrestler section.

There is likely more to this story than a simple screw up given her response on Twitter about being promoted to the alumni section. There are a number of different versions going around within the company as to her status but nothing is official.

F4Wonline.com

I wonder whats going on here. I'm not a computer expert, but it takes a big series of oversights and a big coincidence to move a bio from one section to the "sacked" section of the website. Especially if that person is rumoured to be getting the sack soon. The talk on the online street is that they are going to sack her and someone jumped the gun and took her profile off the roster page.

EDIT:

TMZ's Ryan Satin (the bloke who breaks all the wrestling stories on TMZ) has tweeted this.

‏@ryansatin A source close to @Kharma tells me the rumors are true and she was indeed released from @WWE today. Dumbest WWE release in SOOO LONG!!!

‏@ryansatinI'm standing by my tweet ... I have solid sources when it comes to Kharma

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

That would be impressive if she's sacked- more than a year with the company, PPV and Raw appearances and not a single match (Royal Rumble aside).

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

I would have sacked her when she turned up a couple of weeks after debuting and announced she was pregnant. She debuted on May 1st and announced she had given birth (which later sadly ended up being a lie) in December. So that would make her around 2 months pregnant when she debuted. So either WWE sent a 2 month pregnant woman out to the ring, or she didn't tell them when they hired her. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

The situation with Kia Stevens (Kharma) and WWE seems like it was a mistake somebody made on the web site as she's been removed from the Alumni section and put back in the active wrestler section.

There is likely more to this story than a simple screw up given her response on Twitter about being promoted to the alumni section. There are a number of different versions going around within the company as to her status but nothing is official.

F4Wonline.com

I wonder whats going on here. I'm not a computer expert, but it takes a big series of oversights and a big coincidence to move a bio from one section to the "sacked" section of the website. Especially if that person is rumoured to be getting the sack soon. The talk on the online street is that they are going to sack her and someone jumped the gun and took her profile off the roster page.

EDIT:

TMZ's Ryan Satin (the bloke who breaks all the wrestling stories on TMZ) has tweeted this.

‏@ryansatin A source close to @Kharma tells me the rumors are true and she was indeed released from @WWE today. Dumbest WWE release in SOOO LONG!!!

‏@ryansatinI'm standing by my tweet ... I have solid sources when it comes to Kharma

Depends on the backend systems of their website. For all we know, someone accidentally ticked the wrong tick box and hit submit without checking their work. Very easy to do and would only need a inexperienced newcomer (or a tired long term employee for that matter) to make that kind of mistake. Stuff like this happens all the time on... Like when someone accidentally posted on Del Rio's bio "hay I know this guys gonna be pushed big soon, but do you think we're over hyping him?"

• Paid Members
I would have sacked her when she turned up a couple of weeks after debuting and announced she was pregnant. She debuted on May 1st and announced she had given birth (which later sadly ended up being a lie) in December. So that would make her around 2 months pregnant when she debuted. So either WWE sent a 2 month pregnant woman out to the ring, or she didn't tell them when they hired her. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

And the lawsuit that would have followed would have been immense, and you'd lose.

And the lawsuit that would have followed would have been immense, and you'd lose.

I don't know how the US handles these sort of things, but surely if WWE succesfully argued that she got herself hired KNOWING she was pregnant, they would have a very strong case.

Plus they have successfully released pregnant women in the past. See Dawn Marie. I will never understand that one... they finally had the opportunity to have a pregnancy storyline that actually resulted in a baby appearing at the end of it!

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne