Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Direct TV is dropping 26 Viacom channels, including Spike TV as of tonight. That means 20 million homes won't have access to TNA. That's not good. The rating this week will be interesting.

Unless this is a different case, this kind of shite goes on weekly in the US - it's brinksmanship from both networks and distributors, to force a compromise. No way that Direct TV is going forward for long without MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Direct TV is dropping 26 Viacom channels, including Spike TV as of tonight. That means 20 million homes won't have access to TNA. That's not good. The rating this week will be interesting.

Unless this is a different case, this kind of shite goes on weekly in the US - it's brinksmanship from both networks and distributors, to force a compromise. No way that Direct TV is going forward for long without MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

TNA have jumped aboard the campaign to stop this from happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ElzrVvvu5A

• Paid Members

[nerd]Technically the rating should be unaffected as it's based on how many homes have access to a channel. Of course, the raw number of viewers would likely be down.[/nerd]

• Paid Members

[nerd]Technically the rating should be unaffected as it's based on how many homes have access to a channel. Of course, the raw number of viewers would likely be down.[/nerd]

That'll have an impact.

• Paid Members
Former WWE talent Serena Deeb, 26, was arrested on July 8, 2012 in Tampa, Florida for operating a vessel while intoxicated. Her crime was categorized as BUI

PWInsider has revealed the most unlikely story of the year. Armando. Alejandro. Estradaaaaaaaaa has been released from his WWE contract (I know! I didn't realise he was under contract either!)

The following statement was issued by former WWE star Armando Estrada, who in a move right out of the sillier days of WCW, had been under WWE contract for over the last year and never used:

"Esp