Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

From BBC News: 'Meanwhile Sky has been rapped for broadcasting a scene during World Wrestling Entertainment, which was found to be unsuitable for children.

Ofcom found the one-and-a-half-minute scene, shown on 10 November at 09:20 GMT was unsuitable for a Saturday morning audience as it contained "several close-up punches and kicks to the head and on one occasion, "a bloody bruise on the chest of a competitor".

Sky apologised for any distress caused to viewers, saying it would review its guidelines.

It added that fighting outside the ring would be minimised and similar dramatised sequences would not be broadcast in future'

Maybe they should use C5 Batman style cartoon graphics!

I'm presuming this was the recap of the Lesnar/HHH brawl. I thought it was really strange they were showing that segment because of the blood and the general hard-hitting nature of the brawl. Not surprised there was a complaint.

I'm presuming this was the recap of the Lesnar/HHH brawl. I thought it was really strange they were showing that segment because of the blood and the general hard-hitting nature of the brawl. Not surprised there was a complaint.

Ofcom found the one-and-a-half-minute scene, shown on 10 November at 09:20 GMT was unsuitable

Just checked the tape (or rather, DVD) of the November 10th episode of WWE Superstars. It was the Wade Barrett vignette, which they re-aired basically as a time filler.

I can sort of see why OFCOM kicked off about it, there was a quick shot of blood on the chest on one man, after someone delivered a very stiff punch, during the Barrett 'fight club' scenes.

I just hope this doesn't result in an OTT response from Sky, with tons more censorship.