Gumtree Or Scam-Tree

ajmcstyles

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Well i bought 3 off ebay and ebay do offer insurance if the seller tries to con the buyer which has happened three times on ebay. and once now on scam-tree

Surely that tells you something?

I've had generally shit experiences with Gumtree, especially trying to find a room to rent, loads of scammers there trying to get you to give them a deposit on a flat that they don't own. Gave up on there very quickly.

• Paid Members
Isn't Gumtree some kind of big "Personal Services" directory?

Isn't anything like that basically a vast knocking shop, with some legit business at the front end? Ebay is at least better regulated, it's like a big shopping mall - actually, it reminds me of the Broadmarsh Center in Nottingham, with its big ticket stores, and then the end near the bus station with Wilko's and places selling knock off WWE stuff and "magic" charms.

Stop being a tight-arse and buy one in a shop.

This. For all the hassle and risk involved just pay the extra in a shop or get a contract where the handset doesnt cost as much. Theres a reason why these guys are offering iphones so cheap, to get your money when they dont actually have one to give you.

Well i bought 3 off ebay and ebay do offer insurance if the seller tries to con the buyer which has happened three times on ebay. and once now on scam-tree

But its only the dodgy bastards that are that cheap to reel you in. Buying legitimately off of ebay or anything wont be far off the normal shop price anyway.

• Paid Members
This is the 4th time ive attempted to purchase a iphone 4 with no luck.

Go to a shop.

My sentiments exactly. Why haven't you done so already? Surely buying a brand-new, high-priced commodity in an high street store is safer than those on websites like eBay and Gumtree?

Go to a shop.

My sentiments exactly. Why haven't you done so already? Surely buying a brand-new, high-priced commodity in an high street store is safer than those on websites like eBay and Gumtree?

i dont have

• Paid Members

Go to a shop.

i dont have

Go to a shop.

i dont have

• Paid Members

Go to a shop.

i dont have

Archived