GTAV

Astro Hollywood

was going to go to game but saw on amazon that I can get game & strat guide for the same price as just the game in game plus doesn't cost me any petrol or hassle, its been dispatched, should be here tomorrow

• Paid Members

Outstandingly bizarre quote at Huffington Post:

But the release has been marred by reports that some mail-order copies of the game have already started to arrive - raising the risk that spoilers will leak before the majority finish the game in their own time.

Yeah, I'd planned on completing the whole game tomorrow, but I'll probably just throw it away because all the people who get it today will have video captures of the final mission up by tonight.

• Paid Members
How about this for a kick in the teeth? I come downstairs after my shower to see an Amazon package (game-sized!) has been delivered! I excitedly run down the stairs, grab it, and...it's for my Dad!!!! Looks like it's gonna be tomorrow then :(

gutting its always the way :(

Tell me about it, like really is a cruel mistress. Why can't they break trading law and deliver my game a day early? Fuck the man.

• Moderators
How about this for a kick in the teeth? I come downstairs after my shower to see an Amazon package (game-sized!) has been delivered! I excitedly run down the stairs, grab it, and...it's for my Dad!!!! Looks like it's gonna be tomorrow then :(

Tell me about it, like really is a cruel mistress. Why can't they break trading law and deliver my game a day early? Fuck the man.

Well it's not a law actually. It's a contractual agreement between the supplier and the distributor. Which is why big boys like Amazon can get away with sending a bunch out early.

Well it's not a law actually. It's a contractual agreement between the supplier and the distributor. Which is why big boys like Amazon can get away with sending a bunch out early.

Its also clever in the fact that it may make people think they could get other big release games early if they order from Amazon.