wXw 16 Carat Gold 2012

lightningxlock

Noam Dar would be nice. I liked his performance in wXw a couple of months ago. But in my eyes his gimmick isn't suitable for a wrestling crowd, especially regarding Germany's history!

He has a gimmick? God I feel like an idiot now, only seen him wrestle twice (november against Eddie Edwards & Yesterday against Sami Callihan) but he just got his arse kicked (in spectacular fashion) in both those matches, I had no idea he really had a gimmick? :blush::confused:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Tommy End could have a decent match with just about anybody so I dont mind who wins that 4 way. Though I do agree Gresham may be the best, stylistically, to replace Fox.

Starting to get pretty excited now. Fridays line up is the best looking first night in years, maybe ever. You've got the big marquee EVOLVE rematch of Finlay vs Sami, hard hitting war of Bones vs Sasaki, a mat wresting fans dream of ZSJ vs Ryan, the IPW UK rematch of Generico vs Marty and thats only naming afew.

Bring it on :)

Night 1 results:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Alternate 4 Way Dance

Emil Sitoci beat Jonathan Gresham, Michael Dante & Noam Dar

16 Carat Gold 2012 1st Round Matches:

Yoshihito Sasaki beat Bad Bones

Karsten Beck beat Drake Younger

Ricky Marvin beat Axeman

Johnny Moss beat Doug Williams

Zack Sabre jr. beat Jon Ryan

Tommy End beat Emil Sitoci

Big Van Walter & Robert Dreissker d. Daisuke Sekimoto & Freddy Stahl via Hercules Cutter von Dreissker an Stahl

El Generico d. Marty Scurll

Fit Finlay d. Sami Callihan. It took 3 Celtic Crosses, a Lariat and a Tombstone Piledriver to beat Callihan.

So the last 8 are:

Yoshihito Sasaki

Karsten Beck

Ricky Marvin

Johnny Moss

Zack Sabre Jr

Tommy End

El Generico

Fit Finlay

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I gotta admit that this tourney was very unpredictable so far. Didn't expect Sami and Axeman (who had a fantastic 2011) to be eliminated in the first round. Production of the show is really great with a big entrance stage, video walls (which have not been used though) and even pyros.

Ryan vs. Zack was bloody brilliant ;)

In progress results for Night 2 and the official results for night 1 (Taken from/translated from Moonsault.de)

Night 2

1. Michael Dante beat Drake Younger

2. 4 Way Dance: Robert Dreissker beat Kim Ray, Jay Skillet and 2Face

3. Axeman beat Noam Dar

4. 3 Way Dance: Marty Scurll beat John Gresham and Sami Callihan

5. 16 Karat Tournament: Tommy End o. Ricky Marvin

6. Bad Bones & Absolute Andy beat Jon Ryan and Doug Williams

7. 16 Karat Tournament: Zack Sabre Jr beat Yoshihito Sasaki

8. 16 Karat Tournament: El Generico beat Karsten Beck

9. 16 Karat Tournament: Johnny Moss beat Dave Finlay

Still to come: Big Van Walter vs. Daisuke Sekimoto.

So the last four are: El Generico, Johnny Moss, Tommy End & Zack Sabre Jr. The thing is, I can see logical reasons for any of the home grown guys to win it.

I think that Johnny might end up winning this.

Night 1

Attendance: 421

1. Alterate Four Way: Emil Sitoci d. Noam Dar, Jonathan Gresham & Michael Dante via Snapmare Driver on Dar

2. Round 1: Yoshihito Sasaki d. Bad Bones via Lariat

3. Round 1: Karsten Beck d. Drake Younger via Inside Cradle

4. Round 1: Ricky Marvin d. Axeman via Santa Maria

5. Round 1: Johnny Moss d. Doug Williams via Keylock

6. Round 1: Tommy End d. Emil Sitoci via Owari Foot Stomp

7. Round 1: Zack Sabre Jr. d. Jon Ryan via Minoru Special from the Top Rope

8. Big Van Walter & Robert Dreissker d. Daisuke Sekimoto & Freddy Stahl via Hercules Cutter from Dreissker on Stahl

9. Round 1: El Generico d. Marty Scurll via Brainbuster

10. Round 1: Fit Finlay d. Sami Callihan via Tombstone Piledriver

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Night 3 results.

16 Carat Gold 2012 – Semifinal Match: El Generico beat Johnny Moss

16 Carat Gold 2012 – Semifinal Match: Tommy End beat Zack Sabre jr. - It sounds like End may have broken his nose in this match

The final is Tommy End vs. El Generico. I see End winning this one.

Jay Skillett & Jonathan Gresham beat Keel Inkasso (Chris Rush & Aaron Insane)

Relaxed Rules: Absolute Alliance (Absolute Andy & Bad Bones) vs. Drake Younger & Mike Schwarz was a no contest due to interference from Carnage.

Jon Ryan beat Noam Dar

World of Sports rules: Finlay beat Johnny Kidd (2-1)

Elimination tag: Daisuke Sasaki, Big Van Walter, Kim Ray & 2-face beat Yoshihito Sasaki, Dreissker, Axeman & Karsten Beck - Daisuke & Walter were the last 2 left

Doug Williams beat Micheal Dante

Zack Sabre Jr & Marty Scurll beat Emil Sitoci & Ricky Marvin - Proving that the LDRS will do double duty even in Germany

16 Carat final: El Generico beat Tommy End to become 2012 16 Carat winner.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I wont go into it too much as im bloody exhausted but finally back home after a cracking weekend of wrestling, beer and laughs.

A very unpredictable tournament with Sami going out straight away, Finlay losing to moss and a few other things but the right guy won with El Generico, sent us away happy and still Tommy End gained alot from this tournament and I now see him at a higher level than I did prior to this weekend. No one gets the crowd going like Generico though, his near falls, comebacks and the whole reverse decision/restart finish against Karsten Beck was a great example. I have to commend Karsten for having a victory dance of the Macarina, absolutely epic heelish stuff. I wanted a dance off with him and Marty on the 3rd night but it was not to be :( Finlay got a nasty cut on the side/back of his head due to a mental looking chair shot from Moss and was laying in a puddle of blood at one point. Will be disapointing to see Marty back in his usual setting in the UK, without the mental crowd pop, electric entrance with fist pumping etc. It really is something else. I was also a big fan of the entrance set up, a bit stupid not using the video screens but regardless it looked fantastic and can only improve.

All around great entertainment, great weekend. You just don't get that atmosphere anywhere else and the banter, the german fans were friendly as ever to us. Didn't end up spending nearly as much money as I though and got pissed every night, especially last night, picked up a t shirt and one of those old school style posters which I got signed by most of the roster. Whole trip including spending money only ended up costing around

• Paid Members
I wont go into it too much as im bloody exhausted but finally back home after a cracking weekend of wrestling, beer and laughs.

A very unpredictable tournament with Sami going out straight away, Finlay losing to moss and a few other things but the right guy won with El Generico, sent us away happy and still Tommy End gained alot from this tournament and I now see him at a higher level than I did prior to this weekend. No one gets the crowd going like Generico though, his near falls, comebacks and the whole reverse decision/restart finish against Karsten Beck was a great example. I have to commend Karsten for having a victory dance of the Macarina, absolutely epic heelish stuff. I wanted a dance off with him and Marty on the 3rd night but it was not to be :( Finlay got a nasty cut on the side/back of his head due to a mental looking chair shot from Moss and was laying in a puddle of blood at one point. Will be disapointing to see Marty back in his usual setting in the UK, without the mental crowd pop, electric entrance with fist pumping etc. It really is something else. I was also a big fan of the entrance set up, a bit stupid not using the video screens but regardless it looked fantastic and can only improve.

All around great entertainment, great weekend. You just don't get that atmosphere anywhere else and the banter, the german fans were friendly as ever to us. Didn't end up spending nearly as much money as I though and got pissed every night, especially last night, picked up a t shirt and one of those old school style posters which I got signed by most of the roster. Whole trip including spending money only ended up costing around

Archived