wXw 16 Carat Gold 2012

lightningxlock

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I hope we get Sasaki in England the week before.....

Poor line up in all honesty :(

Its not as star packed as last year but I'm still thinking it will be a great weekend, I'm guessing it was greatly disrupted by ROH's anniversary weekend falling the same weekend.

I think the one thing we are forgetting is that with wXw talent alone they put on great shows, by all accounts tonights show which only had 2 non european wrestlers on was a very good show and I have alot of faith that we will get a great weekend of wrestling with the announced talent, I would especially like to see Generico vs ZSJ, Moss Vs Jon Ryan again as there appears to be some heat building between the 2 and I wouldnt be surprised if it ended up being the final. Also LDRs Vs Bones and Andy seems to be heating up too so that will almost certainly play out over the weekend. I think regardless of announced talent it will be a great weekend of shows

Yeh, im hardly blown away by the line up but like I said earlier in the thread, there's no weak talent in it. Every guy could be paired up with any other guy in the field and have at the least a very good match. Plus like Dan says, wXw are known for putting on top quality shows.

Also, we're forgetting theres still one more spot for the 4 way and Walter will likely defend his strap so there's a further 2 possible imports

Kyle O'Reilly

Marty Scurll

Axeman

Karsten Beck

Carnage

Yoshihito Sasaki

Colt Cabana

Zack Sabre Jr.

Adam Cole

Mark Haskins

Go Shiozaki

Johnny Moss

Big van Walter

Rico Bushido

Davey Richards

Jon Ryan

Sami Callihan

Tommy End

El Generico

Kotaro Suzuki

Bad Bones

Daisuke Sekimoto

El Generico

Fit Finlay

Karsten Beck

Jon Ryan

Axeman

Zack Sabre jr.

Doug Williams

Johnny Moss

Ricky Marvin

Tommy End

Drake Younger

AR Fox

Marty Scurll

Bad Bones

Yoshihito Sasaki

Sami Callihan

Noam Dar

Freddy Stahl

Jonathan Gresham

???

Comparing both cards, there are a few top tier indy names missing comparing this year to last but you can hardly call it a bad card and I even struggle to say a disapointment. Clearly it is just those extra 1 or 2 ROH names that might make it at the same level. I think what suprised me more than the lack of ROH level talent compared to last year is the major drop in Japanese talent.

Alot of what made the show for me last year was the great atmosphere that is one of the best in the world and the talent seem to feed off. Its a great feel good weekend, everyone loves great pro wrestling and the wrestlers respond to that passion. In addition to that Im quite optimistic that alot of the "lesser" names that will try and push themselves even harder than your bigger names as they have more to prove.

All that aside for me personally, Im pumped to see Finlay in this environment even though I will be seeing him the week before at IPW:UK. Also Generico and Sami who were probably my two top guys from last year will be there. Id quite like to see Doug Williams vs Fit Finlay and I feel thats a possibility, Callihan and Generico locking it up would be pretty sweet and really if you put any of the talent listed against my personal top few names they could all have potentially great matches.

Anyway Im still pumped for this, going along with my 2 mates this will be a great weekend anyway with a great atmosphere and the wrestling to back it up. With wXw its more of a case of how good will it be, rather than will it be good or bad. I have no doubt despite a few really busy months with highlights like TNA and WrestleMania with other top indy shows inbetween that, just like last year, this will be a true highlight of my year.

Nicked from todays news update on wxw-wrestling.com and translated through google, just a general schedule for the weekend for people attending. Much of it doesn't appeal to me like Q&A and the podcast due to language barrier but I can imagine we will end up going to the afterparty.

Framework Programme for 16 Carat Gold 2012

Dear Fans,

36 days to 16 Carat Gold Tournament 2012 in the turbine hall Oberhausen. Sami Callihan, Fit Finlay, Yoshihito Sasaki, El Generico, Doug Williams, Drake Younger and many other athletes provide for the wrestlerische performance in the ring, but you know: wXw is more than wrestling. The following program, which is of course completely free of charge, we have prepared for you:

- The Catch Cafe, a separate area in Centreville is open for the wXw fans Saturday and Sunday from 10 clock.

- We have spoken to your suggestion in the year-end poll conducted by the turbine hall and ensure that the consumption trademarks are valid for all three days - who has not so much thirst for Friday, Saturday can really turn up the swag.

- Speaking of Swag On Saturday go Locker Room, Office, and the wXw team after the show to celebrate together with you - the official aftershow party at Steffy - admission is for Carat-ticket holders, of course free, as there is no minimum consumption. Please note that the wrestlers are and take a shower and eat us first, for you the doors open, however, by 21 clock.

- The popular game of football fans vs. Wrestler is now going into its third edition.

- This year there will again be a Q & A in Centreville.

- The Wrestling Podcast Pro Wrestling Otherworld is taped live at Catch Cafe. Live performances in any case, Christian Jacobi, Frank Fehrmann and Torben Borzek - other guests are scheduled.

- The Westside Dojo Association will present themselves as part of the Carat weekend: Head coach Tommy End is (take the advanced part largely to a Finlay-training camp) with the beginners a public workout keep in Centreville, so its a direct insight into the training routine get into the wrestling school of wXw can. Of course, here also the Board of Directors will be present to answer questions about membership and club activities.

The schedule as follows:

Friday, 03/02/2012

18.00 - intake

19.00 - start of the show

Saturday, 03/03/2012

11:00 to 12:00 Westside Dojo Public Workout (Centreville football hall)

12:00 to 14:00 Q & A Session (Centreville Caf

Archived