The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• 2 weeks later...
I just find its far nicer to leave the extras in any picture alone. They're innocent bystanders.

And I think you're dead right. If I put any photos up on here, I kind of expect a little bit of a piss taken out of myself for it, but not of other people in the shot. Fuck's sake lads. I've taken it down now any way.

If people want to rip on the innocent bystanders, here's a UKFF foursome for your scrutiny.

ukff1_zps4e8ee99b.png

As far as I know, all these guys have had photos posted on here before, so I don't think I'm blowing anyone

• Awards Moderator

Nah, not really. Rich gets too much shit on this place. Had others posted a photo of themselves with the same trophy, there'd have been plenty of virtual back-slapping and 'nice one mate!'. But because it's Rich the immediate reaction is to take the piss which unfortunately involved a girl who happened to be in the photo.

It's not overreacting, really.

No ones got the arse over it, I just think its nicer when we leave the extras alone. I wouldn't like people passing comment on my girlfriend, or sister if I had one, for example. But, if I'd had a nice day or experience, I'd like to be able to post a picture on here.

Semi-attractive to someone neutral, like a celebrity, that we all had distance from wouldn't be offensive to anyone. Or it shouldn't be. But if it was someone close to me, certainly my missus, I'd be a bit put out by it. The idea of someone eyeing up a close friend or partner of mine and saying 'meh, she's alright' isn't very nice. 'Rather you than me' is hardly complimentary, either.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

It was a harmless joke with obviously no malice intended. The same joke would have likely been made regardless of if it was Rich or someone else, i'm certain of that. People always comment on the innocent bystanders in our photos and never is there that reaction with others.

Edit - Again, a joke. Was my comment really any different to a harmless joke implying you're in the same vicinity as Richs Mum and you might have a crack?

Edited by ShortOrderCook

To be fair, Rich, at least the responses are predictable. Good to see you enjoy your day and get your photo.

Cheers Frankie. A children's charity was getting the monetary donations in return for those photos ops today too, which I thought was a nice touch.

Considering it was the actual Premiership trophy, and it was only on display for something like 4 hours, the tun out was quite a lot smaller than one would have expected. It wasn't very well publicised either. In fact, some friends that I bumped into on the way down didn't actually believe me that it was there at all, and so didn't bother going over to see it.

Edit

Edited by Richie Freebird