Where's Wall-E?

Surf Digby

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I marked for Kryten.

That's the first time I've said marked in about 8 years. Does anyone say "I marked" anymore?

Yep, both sarcastically and genuinely.

Metal Mickie thought he would be even to obscure for this thought I was the only person who even remembered him

I would have thought that most English people born before 1980 would remember Metal Micky. He was considered quite a big deal at the time.

If you want obsure, there's the baby robot from The Goodies, and Mark 13 from Hardware.

I'm pleased to see the big dustbin looking one at the very top right, as I used to watch that when I was about 3 or 4, although I've absolutely no idea what the show was called.

It was one of the programs that for some inexplicable reason (to my young self) stayed in black and white, even after we bought the new TV and everything else (except for King of the Rocket Men) changed into colour.

It's pretty comprehensive - they have the little dudes from Silent Running, the one from Black Hole and even The Saturn V robot. I haven't spotted any of the ABC Warriors or Walter the Droid, so perhaps the artist isn't a fan of 2000AD.

Also, to be anal, there are at least 2 that aren't robots - the Henry Hoover, and I reckon that's Woody Allen dressed as a robot butler from Sleeper.

• Paid Members

The ABC Robot as it appeared in the Judge Dredd movie is in there, and both VINCENT and Maximillian from The Black Hole are in there.

Technically, old school Cybermen (humanoids in life preservation suits) and Daleks (mutants in an armoured vehicle) aren't robots, either. You're right about it being Woody Allen. The Tinman from Wizard of Oz is debatable, as he started out human, but gradually replaced every part of himself with metal.

• Paid Members

I didn't watch Small Wonder (mainly as I don't think it was ever broadcast in my region) or Supergran, but I was aware of them (and had the Supergran computer game).

I'm pretty sure Metal Micky made guest appearances on other shows.

• Paid Members
I marked for Kryten.

That's the first time I've said marked in about 8 years. Does anyone say "I marked" anymore?

Bob The Skutter is in there too.

As is the gas meter robot from A Grand Day Out~~~!

Archived