TNA No Surrender Discussion *SPOILERS*

thefallenangel

No casual fan is going to pay for a TNA PPV anyway. Only a TNA fan who watches the show weekly and knows who Roode is.

and they cant even convince a proportion their 1 million regular viewers to buy the PPV's. TNA need to realise that they will never be able to compete with WWE. Even with all the ex-WWE names, they barely sold 800 to a tickets to the recent Impact tapings on the road, which was held in an arena which could hold 10,000 (or something like that). they are exisiting beyond their means and after 9 years and millions of dollars are still nowhere near even breaking even, never mind turning a profit. If Panda Energy pulled out tomorrow, the company would be fucked

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that matters is Roode won.

I thought my speakers were fucked turned them on full blast, still barely any noise, what an absolute shit crowd.

WWE will never have a rival again, TNA or otherwise, the WWE brand is just too strong and has massive history, I do not want TNA to go out of business, its not good for the industry at all, and even though TNA doesnt have as many fans, it still has some, you kill TNA you kill those fans interest in wrestling, the same way if WWE went out of business, a shitload of people would call it a day.

ECW.WCW,TNA all go out of business, who in their right mind would want to pump money into a new fed after seeing all those fail, what network would want wrestling on their channels after that.

Wrestling mainstream wise is in trouble, its not like what WWE have been doing recently has increased their viewership either, infact the opposite thanks to CM Punk, lucky WWE have Cena, and when it gets real bad they can call up The Rock and he just smashes the ratings and buys, all by himself.

I'd wager even if TNA were shitting out a hot product their ratings and buys would be still low, because of the brand name, for them their Cena and Rock is doing Sting/Hogan, sounds like shit to most of us on here, but those are the biggest names they have, so they have to use them.

Roode's n Angle will close the show(BFG) I think.

I think TNA have done ok in trying to build Crimson and Roode, hopefully Angle puts Roode over in one hell of match, this is it for Roode, if this doesnt work, then he wont ever be the megastar that I think he should be.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying i want TNA to go out of business. i just wish they would be realistic about where they are in the pecking order.

Roode/Angle (assuming thats going to the match) should be last on. Otherwise it makes your whole Bound For Glory Series concept look weak (surely the point of it is for the winner to headline Bound For Glory in the World Title match) and the World Title match should be on last as its meant to be the epitimy of being the best in that promotion. Any other match going on after it thereby considered 'more important' (for lack of a better term) makes your world title look like it doesnt mean anything

Dont get me wrong, im not saying i want TNA to go out of business. i just wish they would be realistic about where they are in the pecking order.

Roode/Angle (assuming thats going to the match) should be last on. Otherwise it makes your whole Bound For Glory Series concept look weak (surely the point of it is for the winner to headline Bound For Glory in the World Title match) and the World Title match should be on last as its meant to be the epitimy of being the best in that promotion. Any other match going on after it thereby considered 'more important' (for lack of a better term) makes your world title look like it doesnt mean anything

I don't really agree with that, WWE have on many occasions in the last few years put a match that's not for the Championship on lasts. It could even happen at NoC next weekend with Triple H vs Punk going on last and at Mania next year.

To TNA, Hogan/Sting is there Hogan/HBK which went on last at Summerslam. In their eyes the biggest draw of the show is Hogan/Sting and hence should go on last.

• Paid Members

How long has Sting had his new gear for? Nice change, glad he didn't wrestle in a t-shirt as well.

Usual TNA PPV at the Impact Zone. No matter what happens, the crowd don't react. Making everything seem like it means nothing.

The only things I'll take away from this is Sting's ring gear, A Double's "Brian Kendrick is an A but I'm A Double" line and Jeremy Borash trying to get Rosita to cry about her old man.

Also Gunner should shave his barnet. I think he'd look good with a 3/4 all over. Like Edward Norton in American History X. Total badarseary. He looked like a bum in the ring next to Bobby Roode (a man that pulls off the beard/wet hair combo with class).

Can't remember much else. Bully Ray was a star again and so glad the UKFF's favourite son, Bobby Roode, is getting a title shot at Bound For Glory.

Bully Ray, Austin Aries and especially Bobby Roode came away from this PPV looking like stars. I loved Roode's and Ray's work, proper old-school stuff and some stalling that Larry Z would be proud of.

-The main event 3-way was utter cack, but at least Angle won. I just hope that Roode/Angle at BFG gets a good amount of time and with no Hogan/Bischoff interference bollocks.

-Kid Kash is a great heel, but this Sorenson kid is horribly green.

-Winter/Mickie wasn't great, but it was still better than anything you'll see in WWE's women's division.

-Pope and Devon make a nice little tag team.

-Aries/Kendrick was cracking.

-The crowd was bloody awful, I'm pretty sure you could put Cena/Rock in front of them and they'd still barely make any noise.

Finish to the Main Event was very silly. Hulk F'N Hogan sat at ringside and sprays something in to the eyes of Sting in slow motion. Good god. And with this obviously leading to a BFG match between the two, I predict a "most abysmal match of the year" trophy coming there way in this years PS awards. Hogan can hardly move!

• Paid Members

It'll still be better than Anderson vs RVD, Sting vs Anderson, Abyss vs Flair and the thousands of other shit main events TNA's had this year. Hogan and Sting's a special attraction match between two names from the past. If your pissing your trousers grasping at straws about the "match quality", your watching the wrong form of entertainment. Its in a real building, with real fans. It'll have a hot crowd. That makes it better than any match on Impact or PPV already. Its in a smark town as well, which is usually Hogan's best towns. For the hate he gets on it internet, New York, Philly, Chicago and Montreal are some of Hogan's biggest towns.

I've watched a lot of TNA this year. The standard is so low, I think anyone who says "Hogan vs Sting will be abysmal" is mental. Anyone who watches Mr. Anderson and Sting all year sucking the life out of the viewing audience is just hoping for something that isnt Anderson, RVD and Sting.

It'll still be better than Anderson vs RVD, Sting vs Anderson, Abyss vs Flair and the thousands of other shit main events TNA's had this year. Hogan and Sting's a special attraction match between two names from the past. If your pissing your trousers grasping at straws about the "match quality", your watching the wrong form of entertainment. Its in a real building, with real fans. It'll have a hot crowd. That makes it better than any match on Impact or PPV already. Its in a smark town as well, which is usually Hogan's best towns. For the hate he gets on it internet, New York, Philly, Chicago and Montreal are some of Hogan's biggest towns.

I've watched a lot of TNA this year. The standard is so low, I think anyone who says "Hogan vs Sting will be abysmal" is mental. Anyone who watches Mr. Anderson and Sting all year sucking the life out of the viewing audience is just hoping for something that isnt Anderson, RVD and Sting.

I'd agree with this, i'll be certainly wanting to see the match from a spectacle point of view, and hopefully the crowd will make it.

I still very much doubt that TNA will get any more buys than there regular ppv's get though.

• Paid Members
It's in Philly right? So a bunch of ECWites will be in attendance. And I wouldn't be suprised if they made it the Main Event. Sure it may have been a hot match if Hogan was a face, but he isn't going to be.

ECWites? Is it 1996? What difference does Hogan being a heel make? Its Sting and Hogan in front of a crowd paying to see the show. And who's to say Hogan isnt going to be the face. Sting only wants to face "the real Hulk Hogan" (as he keeps banging on about). Which probably means, Hogans turning face in the build up and Sting and Hogan shake hands at the end because "the real Hulk Hogan is back".

I still very much doubt that TNA will get any more buys than there regular ppv's get though.

I think they will. Nothing significant, but more people buy the likes of Lockdown and Bound for Glory than they do any other PPV. The only time anything happens on TNA PPV is on those two. Bound For Glory looks good on paper. Angle vs Roode will be brilliant.

ECWites? Is it 1996? What difference does Hogan being a heel make? Its Sting and Hogan in front of a crowd paying to see the show. And who's to say Hogan isnt going to be the face. Sting only wants to face "the real Hulk Hogan" (as he keeps banging on about). Which probably means, Hogans turning face in the build up and Sting and Hogan shake hands at the end because "the real Hulk Hogan is back".

Philly is an ECW hotbed. You will find many of the crowd (being wrestling fans) would have followed ECW. This is a reason why they will shit all over something else which was popular in 1996, Hogan V Sting. The difference being Hogan V Sting around that time was must see, not so much now. Hogan can't bump anymore and can hardly move. Sure it will be a bit of fun to see him wheeled out and I am sure Sting will carry him as best he can. But when the dust has settled, it will be remembered as an abysmal match. And even if the crowd attempt to get into it, it wont be enough to save it. There are only so many times a bit of nostalgia can be entertaining. The broken down orange walrus should not be wrestling anymore.

Archived