TNA No Surrender Discussion *SPOILERS*

thefallenangel

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't furious that they cut the main event, because it involved Ken Anderson. In fact, I think Challenge should cut every single Ken Anderson promo or match from the shows. It would make Impact far more watchable.

As for the PPV, it stunk. The only highlights for me were Bully Ray's promos and Bobby Roode.

From Facebook

Challenge TV

Apologies to all TNA fans for the issue with No Surrender last night. There was a massive technical issue which we are still getting to the bottom of this morning which caused the show to fall off air. We completely understand the frustration felt by fans and will be getting a full repeat of this show into the schedule as soon as possible. We will advise you when this has been confirmed.

Again, we'd like to stress how much we share your disappointment about what happened, but we take this extremely seriously. We will post an update very shortly.

From Facebook

As promised here is an update for TNA fans in regard to the No Surrender event last night. We will be showing the event in its entirety from tonight at 1am and then again on Saturday at 9pm. We appreciate that tonight is very late but was the earliest available slot we could get it out again, so also wanted to make sure we had a more accessible slot pre-Impact on Sunday night. We hope it goes some way in making up for the problem last night.

For information the EPG should now be updated for both tonight and Saturday with TNA No Surrender if people need to record the show.

From Facebook

As promised here is an update for TNA fans in regard to the No Surrender event last night. We will be showing the event in its entirety from tonight at 1am and then again on Saturday at 9pm. We appreciate that tonight is very late but was the earliest available slot we could get it out again, so also wanted to make sure we had a more accessible slot pre-Impact on Sunday night. We hope it goes some way in making up for the problem last night.

For information the EPG should now be updated for both tonight and Saturday with TNA No Surrender if people need to record the show.

What's the crack with this then? There's no sign of it on my EPG.

Whilst not a spectacular PPV, I thought this was very effective in getting everything into place for 'the big one'.

The BFG series has been booked superbly in my opinion. Not only making the main event of Bound For Glory feel like an important and hard-fought-for prize, but developing future TNA main eventers along the way. Crimson, Gunner, Storm, and especially Bully Ray and Bobby Roode have all been elevated by the Series. Roode vs Bully Ray at this PPV could well have been a World Title main event, and for me was the best match of the night. I also *loved* how the points came into play, meaning Storm had to get a submission win. Little things like that add so much to a match.

It was also smart to have the World Title match as a 3 way after the BFG finals. Knowing that it could be Angle, Sting or Anderson going into BFG as champion kept the outcome of the BFG finals a little less predictable.

The other great thing to come out of this PPV was Austin Aries becoming the X Champ. The guy has it all, a huge asset to the X Division.

Also nice to see TNA building Jesse Sorensen up. I suspect they see him as the next AJ Styles, although it's very early days yet.

Downsides for me were the in-ring botches throughout the show (particularly during the Knockouts match), and the team of Pope and D-Von is awful... TNA would be better off without them.

I'd echo the fact that this was an enjoyable PPV. People made out like the crowd was dead all night - well, not for Bobby Roode they weren't! He was great, a real star, though massive props to Bully Ray for being such an utterly despicable heel in both matches and basically putting them both over.

Sorensen is WAAAY to green to be going anywhere near an X Div title shot. When he was on offence he looked lost. Kid Kash is tremendous though, they should push him more.

Samoa Joe is just the worst.

Archived