TNA No Surrender Discussion *SPOILERS*

thefallenangel

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously I want to see Roode v Angle more, as it'll be a cracking match. But I still want to see Hogan v Sting. Because it'll be entertaining. Hogan will throw some punches, Sting will bump a lot, they'll brawl on the outside, Hogan will bleed a LOT, he'll do a big boot and get the win.

In the meantime, and this is the important thing, people who wouldn't otherwise have watched will have tuned in and saw Roode v Angle. And hopefully enjoyed it enough to catch Impact the next week.

• Paid Members

Sting v Hogan may not feature many if any bumps. It'll feature a ton of shortcuts and interference. Both Sting and Hogan know what they're doing.

Roode v Angle has all the makings of the best match TNA have put on in ages. Just hope they give it a decent build, as right now there is little to non (seeing as nobody cared about the BFG Series, towards the end).

I fucking did :angry:

Also, Blackson, how good is Austin Aries? Thank god he decided to drag himself out of self-imposed exile in ROH and back into a real wrestling company.

• Paid Members

Austin Aries is one of my favourite wrestlers. Might be my favourite wrestler actually. He's got the look, he can wrestle as good as anyone out there and he can talk. And he cant just talk like he's been fed lines. He can go on the mic. He's got a character as well. Everything from his ring style to his look to his interviews to his manerisms just clicks together. He's what everyone should be like. Imagine if the likes of Ted Dibiase or Tyson Kid had his character. Wonder why WWE never signed him. Isnt he around the same height a Evan Bourne and Tyson Kidd anyway?

Yeah, Aries is a similar size to Bourne, Kidd, Cara and Bryan, so I don't really know why WWE had no interest in him?

Didn't he tweet at the time that he didn't get into Tough Enough because he was "too old and too short"?

I am really glad they went with Roode in the tourney, him and Kurt should have a blinder. It all fits in well with Kurt's crusade to 'ruin' all the young TNA talent. Roode is every bit as "TNA through and through" as AJ, but with a far more suited main event character/promo style. I liked that Roode added a touch of the Sting style no-selling of the chops from Ray in their match, added a bit of a "Main Event" feel to the way Roode works. I still feel he could do with a better finishing move though. The Double R spinebuster is lovely, but I think it's still a bit of a hard sell as a finisher. It's a shame they seem to have given Eric Young the piledriver, as that would have been a great addition for Roode (though EY did hit a beautiful one on Robbie E, to give him credit).

I hate, hate, hate Ken Anderson. I honestly can't make out why I am supposed to like him?

• Paid Members
I fucking did :angry:

Also, Blackson, how good is Austin Aries? Thank god he decided to drag himself out of self-imposed exile in ROH and back into a real wrestling company.

Outstanding. I'm thankful he's getting some time to shine. He's just such a smooth bastard, at everything. The cocky gimmick is a bit generic in wrestling but A Double makes it his own.

The guy walks, talks and wrestles like a proper star should, even his broken nose is a nice touch to his character. It's just a shame he's a midget. I said this a few months ago but he's absolutely what WWE's midcard needs (really he has all the skills to be at the top of the card, but lets be realistic). He's great in TNA and I'm glad he's getting his chance to shine, but he's too good for TNA. Ditto with Beer Money, all three men deserve a bigger stage to shine.

It is a mystery why A Double was never signed up to do Tough Enough.

• Paid Members

I've watched absolutely zero TNA recently so I've no idea what's going on but I just wanted to say my piece about Austin Aries.

I absolutely HATED him when I used to see him on ROH. No personality, no passion, dull set of moves - didn't interest me one bit. Then he popped up in TNA as Austin Starr during the Paparazzi series and I could hardly believe it was the same guy. He was ace, and I was amazed when he left TNA.

Great to see him back and I'll probably pop my head round the door to see how he's getting on.

This might sound unnecessary because its been said enough times, but Austin Aries is tremendous! WWE's loss (by not signing him to TE) are TNA's gain, and fortunately TNA have made the right decision in giving him the X title.

How has Kendrick become so shit so quickly? I was really getting into his character and in the ring he wasn't that bad either but he seems to have gone all cartoony and silly (eugh, that new ring wear) with it and that shite new music really doesn't help. Add to that the fact he seems to botch as bad as Sin Cara recently, it's such a let down.

Archived