pro evo 12 / fifa 12

buba3d

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So, thoughts On FIFA 12 now that it's out?I have to say it's pretty damn good. I lost a day a day to it yesterday and considered ringing into work this morning to book a day off so I could sit in my pants and lose another 24 hours. All I've done so far is create my virtual Pro and start a player/manager career with Cardiff. I love how the manager mode looks much better than the last interface I played on FIFA 10. Still getting used to the new defending system, but I do prefer it to the old, makes you into a better player. I love the new presicion dribbling too, it feels great. Thoughts on the online so far?

• Paid Members

Surprised at the lack of FIFA chatter. I keep saying it, but this is without a doubt my favourite game in all the FIFA series, it's a joy to play. I've spent most of the time with my virtual pro in career. I just got Cardiff promoted to the premier league and am putting a decent run together there. I've played the 'be a pro' mode on the last few games but it's only now I'm starting to play it properly. Really holding my position, strolling round instead of sprinting everywhere and generally playing for the team instead of trying to do everything. This combined with increasing the difficulty to Pro I'm having a lot of tight and competitive games. Great fun. Will have a go at the online stuff over the weekend. Can anyone explain what point of Ultimate Team is?

• Paid Members

Will have a go at the online stuff over the weekend. Can anyone explain what point of Ultimate Team is?

Still the best part of the game for me and a massive reason why I turned from Pro Evo to Fifa a couple of years back. It's hard to explain but just give it a go and you'll soon get into it. I'm 2 days in now and loving it so far, had an UT match last night with my useless English lower leagues squad in one of the beginner tournaments, came up against Corinthians in the final and their keeper was just out of this world, I had about 15 shots to their 2 and I just couldn't get past him. Made for such an exciting game, proper goalmouth scrambles, one on ones and long shots and he was everywhere. Went to extra time and pens at 0-0 and then sudden death before finally winning.Not doing so well with my trading so far, have had a couple of small markups buying Seamus Coleman for 550 and selling him for 800 has been my best so far. Concentrating on buying managers to improve the longevity of contracts at the moment, really helps in the long run.Stu, are you playing on Xbox or PS3?

• Paid Members

Do you get to play actual games with this Ultimate Team thing?

Oh yeh absolutely, it's just another way of playing. Basically it's a cross between FIFA and sticker collecting. Double the addiction. You start off with shit players, take part in tournaments or play online to earn coins (the amount you win based on difficulty level, level of opponent, goals scored, shots on target etc). With those coins you can buy packs of cards (bronze silver and gold packs with rare version of each) which contain players, kits, contracts, managers, coaching staff and other bits. Alternatively you can take to the auctions and bid on cards that people have put up for trade, and trade your own ones yourself. This gets addictive in a kind of stock market way, as you can try and buy cards for low value and then them off for more.The other big feature of UT is chemistry, you can build as many squads as you like from your cards but you get a massive bonus if you take advantage of team chemistry which is basically fitting players together so they play their preferred formation, and alongside players either from the same league or country. So at the moment I am building up my first bog standard squad which is a 442 formation of bronze rated english league players. As you progress through the tournaments they have special requirements which you'll need to design new squads for (for example, have 6 players from the same country, or you are restricted to only gold players).Give it a go, honestly it's the best part of FIFA for me by miles, and now you can play against your friends too which you couldnt in previous years. Stuey I'll add you on XBox next chance I get, my tag is MMetzner.

Im really in to the head to head seasons they have introduced. After completing ten seasons i have just been promoted to division five but the games are getting hard now so not sure if i will avoid relegation. Anybody else playing this mode?

Im really in to the head to head seasons they have introduced. After completing ten seasons i have just been promoted to division five but the games are getting hard now so not sure if i will avoid relegation. Anybody else playing this mode?

Also Cup games begin in 30 mins on head to head seasons.

I had a look at this Ultimate Team thing for the first time today. Not really sure whats going on but I think I like it. Redeemed the voucher code that was in my box and got some half decent players namely Adreas Isakksen, Gael Kakuta and Keiron Gibbs. Also got Alex Ferguson as a manager. I'm assuming that's good?

Archived