Matt Hardy fired from TNA

Heaney

What now for him? ROH isnt his scene and he wouldnt be worth the money bringing him in, WWE surely can have somene like him on the roster and TNA wont have him back now will they? I hope he's saved his money.

He'll be fine. He's a fairly big name at a time when there's not a whole lot of free big name agents around (who are accepting bookings) and so should have no problems working multiple indy dates at a decent pay rate, if he chooses to. Plus, he's been talking about opening a promotion (a new OMEGA if you will) as well as a wrestling school.

Good riddance on TNA's behalf though. His only real value in TNA is in teaming with his brother. Outside of a possible Hardy Boys reunion he really doesn't bring much to the table and his TNA run wasn't all that good to justify keeping him around based on his own contributions, especially considering the issues he's been having (being late to shows, making stupid comments & videos and now this arrest). If he gets his stuff together and Jeff remains with TNA I can see him being brought back for another Hardy Boys run somewhere down the road and I'll be perfectly fine with that but Matt as a singles guy - no thanks.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was he any good in TNA? I don't watch it so just wondering

Think he had one good match with AJ Styles, apart from that he was pretty nondescript, he kinda hung out behind Ric Flair for most of his TV time.

The thing is, I do think TNA should be a bit tougher on people like Matt. He was talking about being a headliner in TNA while in WWE and then he brought nothing and flopped, so he blames the company. For once they were right to keep him undercard and to suspend him when he started acting like a fucking tool. His rants showed him being a whiny little dick (well, not little) who takes no responsibilty for his own actions. I use to like Matt, evn up to his feud with Drew McIntyre I thought he was a class act, I can't believe how wrong I was.

Think he had one good match with AJ Styles, apart from that he was pretty nondescript, he kinda hung out behind Ric Flair for most of his TV time.

The thing is, I do think TNA should be a bit tougher on people like Matt. He was talking about being a headliner in TNA while in WWE and then he brought nothing and flopped, so he blames the company. For once they were right to keep him undercard and to suspend him when he started acting like a fucking tool. His rants showed him being a whiny little dick (well, not little) who takes no responsibilty for his own actions. I use to like Matt, evn up to his feud with Drew McIntyre I thought he was a class act, I can't believe how wrong I was.

thats the thing, his fall from grace seems so rapid, as recent as that angle with Drew he seemed in control and capable of consistently good performances, within a year of talking his way to his release he is a joke and is a shell of a shell of his former self

He'll be fine. He's a fairly big name at a time when there's not a whole lot of free big name agents around (who are accepting bookings) and so should have no problems working multiple indy dates at a decent pay rate, if he chooses to. Plus, he's been talking about opening a promotion (a new OMEGA if you will) as well as a wrestling school.

dave-silverman.jpg

There's always Billy Corgan's Resistance Pro and/or Jeff Katz's new promotion, they'd sure see Hardy as a big enough name to help launch their promotions

Soon to be working in KFC only to be fired for eating the place out.

• Paid Members

He'd need to drop some weight and clean himself up before ROH would look at him. Never say never, but I'd be amazed if it happened. Shame - I was sorting some old stuff out a while back, came across some Matt Hardy clips from SD in 02. Some great matches and promos. Ten years later, he's a washed up joke. Such is wrestling.

Archived