Matt Hardy fired from TNA

Heaney

• Paid Members
He's a fat prick but that isn't true is it.

Watch his promo with joey mercury after the ladder nose break. The man wouldn't know charisma if it hit him in the face with a ladder

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ha ha

Im not a fan of either really, the were canny spesh during the TLC years and then i personally lost interest, thats what they were about for me, and once the TLC era stopped, they lost their 'thing', at least for me they did.

I generally ignore any of Matt's videos, after seeing his first couple, i realised it was a load of attention seeking bollox. Jeff obviously wasn't fun to watch completely wrecked in the ring (against Sting is an obvious shout)... but in fairness, he's not the first WWF/WWE wrestler to perform to crowds in a wasted state of mind. Plenty of my hero's from the last 2-3 decades were clearly off their bonces in a ring in the past - Pipers airplane entrance for example, a prime candidate for "i bet he was coked out of his mind" many assume he was, as apparently, he enjoyed a bit of sniff.

Its no secret that a lot of the lads from the 80's and 90's were generally buzzing on something, i mean there is always rumors about 'who did what', but plenty of wrestlers have stated and mentioned that a lot of the locker room were twat faced a chunk of the time.

I'm curious, are people 'that' annoyed at Jeff because it slowed his once incredible ability to fly around in the ring? is it because he's an unlikable guy or what is it? Just wondering because of the fact that some of us still regard some of the old guard (some of which drug users) as gods. Is it because he is getting wrecked when everything is supposed to be a clean environment (drug testing etc), compared to an era when it was 'OK'?

Is it because wrestlers who talk about drug use in the 80's/90's are now retired, so because it was back then, it's fine and acceptable, but because we have the internet and can find out what we want, its been easy to note Jeff's problems and they have been heavily broadcasted while its still happening in front of our very eyes?

Maybe because we know more about the effects of certain drugs, in the 80's we didn't and they were just seen more as fun, now we are all aware that they can be very deadly.

Is it fair to hate Jeff more than Piper? .... just playing the questions game here lads, just to see what you all think really.

Matt on the other hand, yeah.. he's just a crank who needs a bit of help.

• Paid Members
Watch his promo with joey mercury after the ladder nose break. The man wouldn't know charisma if it hit him in the face with a ladder

but he did have charisma, they crowd went batshit crazy for him most of the time, his V1 work shown a bit more from him, just that hick Carolina accent let him down a bit too much. He did have something the crowd liked, he's just an absolute dick though.

Ha ha

Im not a fan of either really, the were canny spesh during the TLC years and then i personally lost interest, thats what they were about for me, and once the TLC era stopped, they lost their 'thing', at least for me they did.

I generally ignore any of Matt's videos, after seeing his first couple, i realised it was a load of attention seeking bollox. Jeff obviously wasn't fun to watch completely wrecked in the ring (against Sting is an obvious shout)... but in fairness, he's not the first WWF/WWE wrestler to perform to crowds in a wasted state of mind. Plenty of my hero's from the last 2-3 decades were clearly off their bonces in a ring in the past - Pipers airplane entrance for example, a prime candidate for "i bet he was coked out of his mind" many assume he was, as apparently, he enjoyed a bit of sniff.

Its no secret that a lot of the lads from the 80's and 90's were generally buzzing on something, i mean there is always rumors about 'who did what', but plenty of wrestlers have stated and mentioned that a lot of the locker room were twat faced a chunk of the time.

I'm curious, are people 'that' annoyed at Jeff because it slowed his once incredible ability to fly around in the ring? is it because he's an unlikable guy or what is it? Just wondering because of the fact that some of us still regard some of the old guard (some of which drug users) as gods. Is it because he is getting wrecked when everything is supposed to be a clean environment (drug testing etc), compared to an era when it was 'OK'?

Is it because wrestlers who talk about drug use in the 80's/90's are now retired, so because it was back then, it's fine and acceptable, but because we have the internet and can find out what we want, its been easy to note Jeff's problems and they have been heavily broadcasted while its still happening in front of our very eyes?

Maybe because we know more about the effects of certain drugs, in the 80's we didn't and they were just seen more as fun, now we are all aware that they can be very deadly.

Is it fair to hate Jeff more than Piper? .... just playing the questions game here lads, just to see what you all think really.

Matt on the other hand, yeah.. he's just a crank who needs a bit of help.

Piper may have been off his tits, but it didn't affect his in ring performance.

There must be something about being part of OMEGA that makes you cerebrally challenged because Shane Helms has been on his Twitter account running his mouth in Hardy's defence. The gist of his argument is that while he isn't condoning Matt's actions, he thinks the guy shouldn't be punished for making a mistake as mistakes befall everyone.

No matter how he tries to dress it up, all he's doing is blindly sticking up for his pal, and has been coming out with absurd comments like 'Even people who drive sober crash their cars, should they be punished to?' When he was asked 'what if Matt had killed someone?' he replied something to the effect of, 'life isn't about what ifs.' He really just doesn't get the point.

He's saying that he's only being loyal to Matt and that he's just being a good mate by supporting him. I don't know about you guys, but when I do something stupid (not that I've ever done anything as outright retarded as getting behind the wheel of a car after drinking) my really good friends give me a good kick up the arse for it, and quite rightly so. I wouldn't expect a pat on the back for potentially endangering the lives of other people through my own stupidity and negligence. No wonder Matt is so fucked up if these are the kind of influences he has in his life.

In short, Helms is a twat who needs to get off Hardy's dick and face facts that his BFF is an idiotic douchebag. I bet he wouldn't be preaching his 'we all make mistakes' bullshit if Shawn Michaels was the one being charged with DWI.

• Paid Members
Piper may have been off his tits, but it didn't affect his in ring performance.

Fair point, does it mean that once its effected his in ring game, then thats when enough is enough. If Piper had been 'that' messed up in a ring (he may have been but ive not seen footage), but if he had, would people hate him like they do Jeff?

And all of my mentioning of Piper is nothing against Piper, his name was purely an example, feel free to swap it for any wrestler in the 80's or 90's who enjoyed a line or a pipe.

Again, im just interested in peoples opinions, as to why its easy to hate jeff, but still like other drug abusers, or at least not hate him to the same degree.

• Paid Members
Fair point, does it mean that once its effected his in ring game, then thats when enough is enough. If Piper had been 'that' messed up in a ring (he may have been but ive not seen footage), but if he had, would people hate him like they do Jeff?

And all of my mentioning of Piper is nothing against Piper, his name was purely an example, feel free to swap it for any wrestler in the 80's or 90's who enjoyed a line or a pipe.

Again, im just interested in peoples opinions, as to why its easy to hate jeff, but still like other drug abusers, or at least not hate him to the same degree.

Alot of it is to do with the stingent drug policy now compared to the 80's. Hardy got caught a few times and then got whacked for trafficking the stuff. It shows he doesn't give a shit one bit. He's not getting done for weed or roids either. the mentalist is on meth

Fair point, does it mean that once its effected his in ring game, then thats when enough is enough.

I think that's the definition of a destructive habit. Loads of people drink, smoke weed, take pills or whatever and raise their kids, do their jobs and go about their day.

Jeff Hardy has at least once shown up for a major TV match so fucked he could barely stand. What he does after the show is between him and his dealer. He couldn't even wait 3 hours.

• Paid Members
Hopefully this means Jeff throws a hissy fit, gets sacked and returns to his rightful home in WWE. I'd bring both the Hardys back, just to watch CM Punk rip them apart on the mic.

That wouldnt happen though. If Jeff Hardy returns, he'd no doubt get pushed to the moon again, because he's a massive star with the core WWE audience. Vince loves him, Johnny Ace loves him, Stephanie was behind his initial push, Triple H put him over clean, Michael Hayes loves him like a son. Jeff Hardy has his troubles, but so has dozens of other top WWE wrestlers over the last 20 years. Money is thicker than water. For me, Jeff Hardy returning would be far better for business than anyone they currently have. He's money.

• Paid Members

My favourite 'Mid Cardy' (brilliant name by the way) was when the fat fuck sauntered out at the O2, did his standing on the ropes entrance and fell over and landed on his arse outside the ring.

He is shit, his twitter videos are shit and all his Omega chums are in denial.

Archived