2011 UKFF UK50 - RESULTS THREAD

Big Benny HG

So that means his first entry in the UK50 was when he was 14? Don't know whether that's a testament to his ability, an indictment of the British industry in the fact a fourteen-year-old can be one of the top 50 in the country, or simply a demonstration of the fact that there are a lot of voters from Yorkshire/Derbyshire/NBW Southside...

I first saw Robbie X at the 1PW Academy, the next time I saw him was at the House of Pain weekender last month. He impressed on both occasions and is highly skilled.

He deserves to be in the Top 50.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

in response to NEWM (as I can't quote on Mozilla for some reason)

Reyes definately has the look, with the other 4FW guys coming up you'll see it's a running thing with their roster, all look how wrestlers should. Can't wait to see where the others come as well, hopefully this will give them a bit more exposure with the Dick Togo appearance coming up.

• Paid Members

Haven't been following this with the voting etc. as i don't go to nearly enough Britwres shows to justify it, but I always enjoy having a good read of the UKFF UK50, and appreciate the immense amount of work you put in to it. :thumbsup:

May I enquire as to whether there shall be a SHITARSE list this year after last years troubles? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered a million times but it really is one of the highlights of the Britwres calender.

Haven't been following this with the voting etc. as i don't go to nearly enough Britwres shows to justify it, but I always enjoy having a good read of the UKFF UK50, and appreciate the immense amount of work you put in to it. :thumbsup:

May I enquire as to whether there shall be a SHITARSE list this year after last years troubles? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered a million times but it really is one of the highlights of the Britwres calender.

I think the answer is no because it would take extra time and wouldn't catch up with last year's.

• Paid Members

No. 46 - Max Angelus

Score: 90 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2011 votes: 0

2010 ranking: Not Listed

(2009=NL; 2008= NL; 2007=NL; 2006= NL; 2005=NL)

maxum.jpg

(Credit: http://www.photoboxgallery.com/ChrisEversPhotography)

Who is he?

Product of the House of Pain system, Stixx-trained Max Angelus makes his first ever UKFF UK50 appearance after a year in which he has featured all over the place.

As well as appearing on HOP's own shows in Nottingham, Angelus teamed with fellow Stixx product Shane Spyral in a losing effort to Jack Gallagher and Scott Adams in the first round of Hull-based New Generation Wrestling's tag team title tournament. Other appearances have also included shows across Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire, as well as Max also appearing as one of those representing FWA during their exhibition weekend Thorpe Park in May. There, he battled Stixx and RJ Singh.

Interestingly, Angelus can also be seen donning a mask and appearing as El Diablo Rojo ("Red Devil") for Lucha Britannia, the Mexican-inspired circus-like show featuring established British wrestlers becoming hooded alter-egos and performing at unique events in nightclubs and music festivals.

Just after the 2011 UKFF UK50 deadline, Angelus made his IPW:UK debut in Sittingbourne, downed by All Star Wrestling's Dean Allmark in the first round of the British Cruiserweight Title tournament.

What did the UKFF think?

"Very dynamic, not as well known, but great performer"

"In my opinion, Angelus possesses the best 'look' in the country. Definitely deserving of a big break. Maybe if he tried to be more like Max Angelus and less like Chris Jericho it'd pay off!"

"Quite possibly the next big cruiserweight in the country, solid matches. have never seen him have a bad match"

"Formerly Deven Starr, this guy WILL be the breakout star of the next year"

"Max is still fairly unknown however I feel his greatest skill is his ability to get himself over with a crowd that has never seen him instantly"

"Big things for this guy, awesome bumper"

"Seemed to be all over the place in the eligibility period. Seems to have come a long way very quickly. His matches with House of Pain were a particular highlight, but also brought some extra quality to the lighter lucha Britannia shows throughout the year. Seems to be incredibly natural in the ring and is another one to ooze charisma"

"True star in waiting, will explode in the next year on the scene"

• Paid Members

Hey,

Won't be bothering with a SHIT LIST this year. When asked in one of the earlier threads, I explained:

I said I'd confirm later, but it's looking unlikely this year. The epic reaction to it last year was so, well, epic, that it would probably pale in comparison this time. Last year, the "Shit List" caused:

- The mam of one of the featured wrestlers complaining to both the police and my place of work that I had been harrassing her son due to my publishing of the nomination/comments. The police even called round my flat for "a chat".

- Rainz to immediately announce his retirement from wrestling and considering closing GNP/NBW as a direct result of his inclusion in the list. He didn't end up actually doing either.

- A hunt taking place at one of the wrestling training schools to try to find out who had leaked personal information for inclusion in the list.

- Another massive Peter Staniforth rant against the UKFF.

Maybe make it a feature every couple of years, then, perhaps....

• Paid Members
So that means his first entry in the UK50 was when he was 14? Don't know whether that's a testament to his ability, an indictment of the British industry in the fact a fourteen-year-old can be one of the top 50 in the country, or simply a demonstration of the fact that there are a lot of voters from Yorkshire/Derbyshire/NBW Southside...

Or maybe the fact that he is a very talented lad !!!!!!!

• Paid Members

guy looks intimidating as fuck,

I don't know why but seeing his name the first time I did I thought "just some chisled guy, good looks, same old heel look" however he really does look like he could kick the crap outa most people and its quite a good look to him, especially for a junior heavyweight.

• Paid Members

No. 45 - Zack Diamond

Score: 96 points

Total 1st place rankings in 2011 votes: 1

2010 ranking: Not Listed

(2009=NL; 2008= NL; 2007=NL; 2006= NL; 2005=NL)

diamondxp.jpg

Left, with Xander Cooper (Photo - Tony Knox)

Who is he?

Another UKFF UK50 debutant, Zack 'Diamond' Gibson comes off a year in which he has appeared across the North of England and has seen numerous incredible in-ring performances, turning him into a genuine top-line star in some promotions.

Zack originally came from Manchester's impressive FutureShock Wrestling school and made appearances on the undercard of their own shows in Stockport. Zack made his debut for nearby Grand Pro Wrestling in October at "Only The Strong Survive 2010", presented as a free agent with a full-time roster spot open to him as per the stipulations. Matched with super-shooting "Grappler" Jack Gallagher, the pair but on a legitimately brilliant display based around hunger, determination and technical mat wrestling which ended up GPW's Match of the Year for 2010. Though he was defeated and failed to win a GPW roster spot, Zack won the new audience over in a big way. The next month at "Guts and Glory", Zack was sat front row back as a normal paying punter, but got into it again with Gallagher mid-way through Jack's 3-way British Title 20-minute Scramble match. In his street clothes, Diamond joined Gallagher, Martin Kirby and champion CJ Banks in the match half-way through, and actually scored the decisive pinfall as the final seconds ticked away. Another terrific bout and Diamond officially entered GPW as a champion. After a successful show-stealing February defence again Banks, Diamond's next defence came in the shape of well-travelled veteran Mikey Whiplash. Taking place at "Live and Let Die" in March, the pair engaged in an absolutely superb slow-building technical wrestling classic that completely engrossed the captivated audience. Cementing his place, Zack came out on top.

Following Gallagher pinning Diamond and Whiplash pinning Gallagher as part of an 8-man elimination tag in April, Diamond, Whiplash and Gallagher's 3-way title tussle was elevated to main event status at May's "Battlefield". A world class match by any standards, this 30-minute Iron Man bout was a thrilling scorcher full of technical twists, turns, innovation and relentless action. Zack again scored a winning decision just seconds before time ran out to continue his remarkable run. All of this led to a singles rematch with Gallagher on the June event, positioned on the card so that it was granted the special status of being GPW's 500th match. In another blinder, Gallagher bested Diamond to wrest the title from him and send GPW into their traditional summer break.

Elsewhere, Diamond has appeared for both DPW in West Yorkshire and NGW in Hull, where he has faced Robbie X, Dara Diablo, Gallagher, Scott Adams and formed short-lived teams with Mohmed Ameen and SC Supreme. It should also be noted that Zack is also now a regular part of FWA's showcase events at conventions and exhibitions, which have included the 'BritWresFest' and EXPO in London and 'European Uprising' and 'New Frontiers' at Birmingham's NEC, where he could be seen fighting the likes of Gallager, Xander Cooper, Axl Rage, Shane Spyral and others.

What did the UKFF think?

"Loved his matches in GPW this year some of the best matches I've seen in the UK"

"A young talent and starting to get more exposure on the UK scene now. Another one who seems to get better every time I see him in the ring"

"WOW this guy has sprung onto the UK scene with some of the best matches this year all over the country. Really brings the intensity and fire to a show"

"Standout performer this year, his matches in GPW have been a joy to behold. Every time I see him on a show he seems to step up his game"

"Improved loads this past year"

• Awards Moderator
Or maybe the fact that he is a very talented lad !!!!!!!

That appears to be the case from what I've been told! It wasn't meant as a dig at all, I was just wondering about how good he really was, to get into the top 50 at such a young age.

Anyway, Max Angelus has got a cracking look, as has Reyes on the first page. Future stars both! :thumbsup:

Archived