Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Right where do i start? As Chris B figured fairly early on the game was set up under role madness i.e everyone has a Power Role. Now becuase the game was vastly over powered there were always going to be some crazy results.

First off the Villain set up.

You had Unfitfinlay as the boss (Kingpin), who had basically employed 2 teams becuase he didn't trust either team to get the job done. Neither of the teams were aware of the others existence. However this is where some balancing came in. I could hardly let 2 Villain kills through everynight otherwise we would have seen this game end very quickly. So I had Unfitfinaly choosing who would perform the kill from one of the teams only at night (See Brownie, told you, you were unfortunate becuase the night you kill was going through Teddy cast his Lightning Bolt and killed you). So this caused some confusion/frustration in the Villain topics which was rather amusing to watch and then Unfitfinlay trying to pass it off as he couldn't let them know of each other. Also, the teams didn't know who the mysterious benefactor was as the only way they got communication was via Finlay PMimg me and then me relaying the message in the villain QT. All of the villains also had a secondary win condition as lyncher except the Super Skrull (Chris Stone). As he had access to the Neighbours (Fantastic Four) QT and could relay what was being said, it would have been unfair to give him a lynch target which he would have known about form the get go.

Which brings me to my next point, all that role claiming/revealing basically gave Swift the game, as soon as he knew who Daredevil was his work was half done. THe reason I didn't modkill Lion was 2 fold, one he was a lynchers target, and two after GMoney's stunt it would have down the heroes more harm than good.

Below are the Villain Role PMs. Then I'll do actions and hero PMs etc. FInal post will be VIPs.

Swiftstrike

Welcome to Snakes Marvel Mafia,

You are the Supervillan RINGMASTER! You have been hired by a unknown benefactor to team up with Sandman to eliminate all of the Superheroes from UKFF City and to do it you have the following abilitites:

Ringmaster.jpg

Hypno Hat x 3 (Vote thief)

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It was said that items could have a positive or negative effect in snake's first mention of them, the fact people were not even slightly weary of them is what led to town vs town in day 1. It was in no way unbalanced, i assume that arena could have also been Scum vs Scum or scum vs town - to limit it to scum vs town would be imbalanced since a member of scum would be outted regardless or a town member confirmed.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the helmets were a bad idea either way. It just took it further and further away from being a game of detection, and threw in too many elements of chance. After the first day, we were all waiting to find out what the hell Day 2 was all about before investigating, I think.

But again - why could some people use the helmets but not others? It's not like it was entirely up to chance.

Told you I was telling the truth. This was really my fault, if I hadn't have roleclaimed I think Swift would've been voted out today. As I said, I only have a limited ability but I do try.

I would also like to point out at this point I've played 4 games now and in each one I was town but suspected villian pretty quick.

Skrull (Chris Stone). As he had access to the Neighbours (Fantastic Four) QT and could relay what was being said, it would have been unfair to give him a lynch target which he would have known about form the get go.

How weird! I was planning to bullshit and claim that I had inside information that one of the FF was a SuperSkrull. Good thing I didn't, I would of unwittedly been correct!

• Paid Members

Right, let's clear up the Helmets issue. As Mr.Stone has already pointed out, I did say that they items could have positive or negative effects. But as it is there was one person on Herpoes and Villians teams who couldn't use them. Kingpin & Bruce Banner/Hulk. Because their heads were too big. Also, the helmets were thrown in again as the game was so vastly overpowered this worked as an equalizer of sorts, also it prevents going round the houses on day 1 with no real direction. I have seen similar setups in Mafia games on MS and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Being too eager is what happened here. No-one had to use them, but as soon as one was in play, the other had too.

Galactus was going to be used as embuing the player who died that night as a herald and they would have been granted a cosmic power for the night, which would have either of been a 1 shot Vig, or 1 shot Vanillizer, however because of the no lynch this didn't happen, and in hindsight Im glad it didn't because again it would have severly unbalanced the game at that point. Again due to GMoneys earlier stunt.

Because of the loss of the cop I added the goggles, I was going to use something else, but I'll save that for a future game maybe.

The loss of the cop also negated the Framer role too, however due to having a Watcher in the game & a Tracker I left him in. Yes there were alot of investigative roles in there, but again I think it balanced itself out. Swift played a blinder in causing confusion with sanitieswithin roles. I myself as soon as the Lie Detector had been revealed would have lynched Swift the next day, even though by this point he had already won. So fair play to Swift.

Dr.Strange was probably the most powerful powered player in the game and his mass use spells went first then kills and other powers in the resolution of how things worked. But below is a list of all the actions and eliminations etc.

DAY 1 1 - Battle Zone Lynch Kenny. Gmoney (Nick Fury) Modkilled.

NIGHT 1 -

Andrew the ref Coyne (Sandman) Framed Triple A

TDK - Shield Spell

Lion - Track Unfitfinaly

Chris B - Watch Brownie

Team 1 submitted a Ron kill

TEam 2 submitted a Triple A kill

Unfit chose Triple A

DAY 2 - No Elimination

2 x Cop abiltiy gogglespicked up by Andrew the Giant

Chris B used Spidey Sense (1) 3 villians

Night 2

Teedy - Lightning Bolt

Team 1 & 2 submitted Chris B kills (Brownie was chosen for the hit)

Seph - Targetted Swift with kill shot

Andrew the giant - used goggles on Chris B

DAY 3 - Daredevil eliminated

Andrew the Giant - Use goggles on SMS

SMS Invented Switcher Staff (Bus driving abilities 1 shot)

Team 1 targetted Chris B

Team 2 Targetted Andrew the Giant

Unfit chose Andrew The Giant

Chris B Tracked Spotlightmagnet1

DAY 4

SpotlightMagnet1 Eliminated

I've also just noticed that I made a mistake in the fact Chris B should have died at the hands of SpotlightMagnet1, not that it matters as Heroes lost in short order the next day anyway.

Next post Hero role PMs

• Paid Members

I understand that mistakes can happen, but that was the entire reason that Spotlightmagnet got lynched, and town lost. Otherwise, the two main suspects were Chris Stone and Swiftstrike. Both of whom were scum.

As I said, mistakes happen, but I don't think it's fair to say 'not that it matters'.

Again, on the helmets thing - it's one thing for something to be bad for that player, but it's another for it to potentially be bad for town. We lost one player through modkill, and then were unable to lynch scum due to two players actions. That kind of sucks.

• Paid Members

But Chris if you died it would have been 7 alive 4 to lynch with 4 scum and a vote controlling ability there would be no way one of us was getting lynched then as I thought Chris Stone was our benefactor having put a little test out there in our quicktopic to see if I could bait Chris Stone into revealing himself.

• Paid Members
did Brownie question why he wasn't playing with the Ringmaster at all?

I genuinely don't have a clue about any of this. I've heard of Captain America, Red Skull and Spiderman. That's it.

• Paid Members

Lion

You are the Superhero DAREDEVIL! You are sworn to protect UKFF-Metro City and to do it you have the following abilities:

250px-Daredevil_65.jpg

2 x Lie Detector

• Paid Members

Chris B

You are the Superhero SPIDERMAN! You are sworn to protect UKFF-Metro City and to do it you have the following abilities:

816_the_Spider-Man11.jpeg

1 x Spiderweb - You are able to spin a web at a chosen target during night phase and prevent them from performing any actions, it will also prevent any harm coming to them as well as all actions against them will fail.

1 x Spider Sense

• Paid Members

I realise I'm being very moany, but I can't take away from the amount of thought you put into this one, Snake.

I think, with the huge amount of powers that were involved, you probably shouldn't have added in extras - however, you live and learn.

Archived