Marvel Mafia - Game Thread

Snake Plissken

Obviously I wasn't playing but I was following along, just wanted to commend Snake for a really well thought out (and well adapted when gmoney modkilled himself and nobody lynched D2) game. Role madness games are practically impossible to balance well, and this is one of the best ones I've seen so super cheers to you Snake.

Quite why Swift wasn't instantly killed the day after he got Lion lynched I don't know, I did wonder why he would exchange 1 town for 1 scum but the lyncher reveal explains that.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I did have a plan for dealing with that, in that ATG had already mentioned that my use of the role might be bad as Snake had already stated there was no town or scum so I would have argued that point as to why I got a "bad" result but it turned out I didn't need it.

In answer to Mr Stone, I. Fairly sure he was ruthless enough to have chosen one of you to kill. But he could have gone with a no kill.

If one of the scum targetted had some ability to protect themselves, he could have told the other villian to protect themself, if he knew their abilities.

• Paid Members

Has unfitfinlay taken his bow yet? I need to do the VIPs, but Im recording a secon Sweep The Leg podcast (Interview with Liam from BAMMA & Georgia Graham) in as many days tonight so It will likely be tomorrow now when I do it.

• Paid Members
Has unfitfinlay taken his bow yet?

Sorry Snake, just got home *Takes bow*

Really good game this. I though that there was something up with the scum teams since I couldn't reveal my identity or see their win conditions but I thought it was most likely that they'd have to lynch ME (and so take my place as Kingpin or something). It never occured to me that they had to lynch someone else. Funnily enough the one role I was most paranoid about at first (Vipes/Chris Stone) turned out to be the only one that was totally on my side, and, I think, Chris was the only one who figured out who I was?

Deserved win for Swift though. He was extremely lucky that the Battlezone stuff happened on Day One, and that no one gave him a helmet (I was actually tempted) or he'd have been a stick on lynch but he completely turned it around. He did a fantastic job getting the lynch going on Lion with his fake claim and, avoiding getting lynched today was brilliant work as well.

Wow, swift that was actually really good play, straight in there getting your win condition sorted, using your fake claim to do it - perfect well deserved MVP. It's funny reading in the dead topic the suggestion that the game was tipped heavily in towns favour but all things considered, i think it was pretty well balanced.

Like i said in my QT i really wish i had played from the start. I like that Finlay was quite paranoid of my slot, where in actual fact i was the only one playing completely to his win condition.

I agree on the town MVP, Chris really wasn't putting up with the bullshit i was throwing out, calling all investigative roles into dispute, etc - I actually almost hurt the scum quite heavily in the last day, had Spotlight not claimed as i suggested was best in the game thread, Chris wouldn't have gone for him, it would have been either myself or Swift (who i was trying to push chris toward going for) and of course swift would have turned up scum just as i would have. That's the issue with not knowing who your friends are as scum.

I liked the benefactor role i think it worked really well, seperating an otherwise large scum group like that was really interesting, the benefactor having to choose one of the kills to go through was a nice touch, caused a fair amount of confusion but at the same time protected his scum from shooting each other.

I also liked the mind control votes as a power and chris B's spider senses were pretty cool also - Why i hadn't realised that there MUST have been a second scum team i don't know, I knew something was up but should have made that leap.

Anyway a fantastic game!

Finlay once again did a great job too, managing to keep his teams on side, for the most part keeping himself hidden and choosing the right kills to go with as well as keeping himself completely under the radar in the game thread.

Archived