RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
It's true. Why else choose to interview someone who is actually getting drunk whilst you talk to them? For a sensationalist angle, that's why. Do they think that such a person is going to bring anything worthwhile to the table? Of course not.

I'm not saying that Sky are to blame or any of the other nonsense I've seen in response, but the fact still stands that such an interview is totally pointless.

How is it pointless? It shows the mentality of people who are involved in this sort of thing. I know you're desperate for someone to stand up and speak sensibly about what they hope to achieve but you'll be waiting a long time.

How is it pointless? It shows the mentality of people who are involved in this sort of thing. I know you're desperate for someone to stand up and speak sensibly about what they hope to achieve but you'll be waiting a long time.

I'm not desperate, but if I was I certainly wouldn't be waiting on Sky News to cover that interview. This is the same crowd who went out of their way to demonise the student protests as well, and their current coverage doesn't surprise me in the least.

I heard at least two interviews with prominent police figures last night where the interviewer pressed them to admit that bringing in the army was the answer. Thankfully neither did.

They have no interest in addressing the reasons for such actions, and are only interested in stoking the fires of "something must be done!". We all know that something must be done to combat the criminal element, that should go without question.

How is it pointless? It shows the mentality of people who are involved in this sort of thing.

This is very true, and it makes for good TV.

I know you're desperate for someone to stand up and speak sensibly about what they hope to achieve but you'll be waiting a long time.

I don't know about that. It wouldn't surprise me if some opportunistic fella pops up on the news claiming to be a spokesperson for the rioters, and expresses an agenda and a few aims, even if they're not really relevant to what the average looter is in it for. There's enough thought gone into it to print those "how to not get caught" flyers, so there are people involved who are acting with foresight.

LOL

You missed Sky News, and Kay Burley in particulars coverage of the student protests? You not see the various interviews she conducted where she would basically talk over the person being interviewed constantly saying "you won't change anything. Just go home"?

• Paid Members
You missed Sky News, and Kay Burley in particulars coverage of the student protests? You not see the various interviews she conducted where she would basically talk over the person being interviewed constantly saying "you won't change anything. Just go home"?

I saw plenty of coverage on TV and in newspapers of people going beyond protesting and into criminality. Those are the people who demonised the student protests. Blame the media all you want but you are making excuses for people who cause their own problems. That's why your stuff about peaceful protest is all bollocks. There's been no such thing as peaceful protest in these scenarios because the people are scum. That's not the fault of the media or the police and it's not all the fault of the state either.

• Paid Members

Kay Burley has been her uniformly awful self over this. She's an absolute car crash to watch, particularly when she ignores someone's answer, gets corrected, and then has a sulk.

I'm up in Liverpool for a couple of days, and not knowing the areas very well (ie: where they are in relation to where I am), it's rather unsettling. Lodge Lane could be 5 miles or 50 yards away.

Also, this thread was 14 pages long when I last read it. Boy, have I had an unproductive day.

• Paid Members

Trained riot police have gone in from Humberside Police today too. Does make me wonder what happens if it kicks off up here. Mind you, our old bill are useless. They're even named after a county that doesn't exist.

Another worrying thing is the general sense of lawlessness that's out there today. My wife just phoned very upset as she was nearly driven off the road by some chavs in a couple of hatchbacks who are chasing one another through traffic on the road between Guildford and Godalming, driving on the pavements and doing handbrake turns in the middle of the road. We spotted a whole bunch of boy racers out last night as well.

There's clearly a feeling amongst the twat classes that it's game on.

Edited by Loki

Another worrying thing is the general sense of lawlessness that's out there today. My wife just phoned very upset as she was nearly driven off the road by some chavs in a couple of hatchbacks who are chasing one another through traffic on the road between Guildford and Godalming, driving on the pavements and doing handbrake turns in the middle of the road. We spotted a whole bunch of boy racers out last night as well.

There's clearly a feeling amongst the twat classes that it's game on.

And these are exactly the kind of people that the police should be clamping down on. I doubt you'll get much argument from anyone about that.