RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
What we can do is look at the reasons it all kicked off and try to do something to avoid it happening again.

What? Now? That's for way in the future. What needs to be done now is these bastards are given a deterrent, stopped and then identified and locked up. Absolute scum with no respect for anyone or anything.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we can do is look at the reasons it all kicked off and try to do something to avoid it happening again.

Or we can simply go down the route of ignoring the cause and just concentrate on the results.

Not saying your wrong about going deeper into the reasons behind all this but I'd say the priority at the moment is to stop them rather than bother worrying about whats caused it

Seeing as that's a picture of the Egyptian army, not a lot :p

But I do think we should think about deploying the army, without guns, to start bringing some of these areas under control. The police are outnumbered and outmanoeuvred; we need bodies on the streets!

Or we can simply go down the route of ignoring the cause and just concentrate on the results.

Needs to be a bit of both, surely. If this all ends without a show of force by the police and/or army, the message it sends out to the scumbags of the country about the lack of consequences for their actions is too depressing to think about.

• Paid Members
Maybe the police need to rethink their recruitment policies. Maybe having the police made up mainly of middle-class university types isn't the best idea when there's a mass riot situation.

Maybe the police should actually have recruitment policy rather than have dwindling numbers due to cuts?

We need to worry about stopping it before any of that happens and as it stands its out police that stand in handcuffs unable to do a thing and its the result of constant pressure to water down and victimise them whenever a mistake happens.

People in London are shit scared and thugs are no longer afraid of the Law and why should they be? Police are to scared to be Police to worry about scaring criminals.

• Paid Members
And who has made them that way? They are a product of the treatment they have experienced.

I agree... to an extent... economics, social mechanics, and family discipline factor into it. I do recall when my grandparents used to equate sleeping 10 in a bed (each family) wi' a brick wrapped in a rag for a 'hot water bottle' and newspaper and straw for a mattress to the reason why they went out mindlessly smashing shit up.

• Paid Members

Stop being such a hippy, growing up in a shit hole isn't an excuse to act like a cunt. The police need to crack down and crack down hard on these thugs. It's all well and good to be liberal and discuss the causes for this mess afterwards but there is destruction all over the capital and it needs to be stopped and these criminals need to be beaten down and demoralised to get them off the streets.

Some tweets..

muskhalili mustafa khalili 100's of turkish men chasing a group of young black men down kingsland rd #hackney incredible scene

PaulLewis Paul Lewis Kingsland Road chaotic as Turkish men attack other, predominantly black, youths with sticks, metal barricades and bricks. #hackney

PaulLewis Paul Lewis Violent clashes now on Kingsland Road, Hackney, as hundreds of Turkish men attack others youths #hackney

On BBC - Armani shop looted in B'ham

To continue on from my rants after the Tottenham riot. These kids think they're untouchable, Tottenham was half anger, half kids taking the piss, tonight and last night though is kids getting free stuff and enjoying it, knowing/thinking that the police won't touch them. That's why the momentum is picking up so quickly. I spoke to someone today who knows a couple of the Enfield looters and she confirmed that when she asked why they simply said " to get free stuff innit?"

No fear and no respect runs through their vains which i why i want the police to deal with them as harshly as they like as quickly as they can. A short sharp shock is exactly what they need.

On a more personal note i closed my shop 2 hours early today and mine was the last in Chingford from our firm to close (we have 4) also every shop on my district which starts at Edmonton green and finishes at Hertford was closed from Waltham Cross down. There wasn't actually any trouble though which makes me think a lot of this seems worse through fear of the unknown of not knowing when the little pricks will turn up.

I'd hate to be a copper right now.