RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
I have to say, if it turns out the police DID shoot him before he opened fire, then we're into a whole new ballgame on that side of things. The police were meant to have learned lessons from the De Menezes affair.

He wouldn't have to have opened fire. If he aimed a loaded gun at police and so much as twitched his trigger finger, he'd be a dead man. One single bullet fired, so not likely some trigger happy copper.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I have to say, if it turns out the police DID shoot him before he opened fire, then we're into a whole new ballgame on that side of things. The police were meant to have learned lessons from the De Menezes affair.

Why? it looks as if they shot him when they came under threat. The news are saying he had a loaded gun on him.

Edit - Would be kind of pointless to shot someone after you have already been shot?

Edited by Deaq

It doesn't though, if they asked him to drop his weapon repeatedly and he ignored their requests they have every right to shoot him. He could have pointed the gun in the direction of the police, that is enough of an act of agression for him to be shot. Who knows he might have been seconds away from pulling the trigger, just the marksman beat him to the punch.

Sky News reporting that Wolverhampton, West Bromwich and Birmingham are back off again. The government, fairly or otherwise, are going to look daft if 16,000 policemen are presiding over a ghost town whilst the rest of Britain burns..

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It doesn't though, if they asked him to drop his weapon repeatedly and he ignored their requests they have every right to shoot him. He could have pointed the gun in the direction of the police, that is enough of an act of agression for him to be shot. Who knows he might have been seconds away from pulling the trigger, just the marksman beat him to the punch.

I know, but I was kind of hoping it was a clear case of response to fire. This way it'll just fuel tensions.

Eh... the thought that these riots are connected to outcry over Mark Duggan at this point is laughable... I'm sure 90% of the rioters think they shot Jim Duggan.

I can picture hundreds of 'yoofs' running around with 2x4s "HOOOOOO"ing at people.

Sky News reporting that Wolverhampton, West Bromwich and Birmingham are back off again. The government, fairly or otherwise, are going to look daft if 16,000 policemen are presiding over a ghost town whilst the rest of Britain burns..

Even more daft considering people have been saying that it's possible they will simply hit softer targets while the Police are on guard elsewhere.

• Paid Members
Eh... the thought that these riots are connected to outcry over Mark Duggan at this point is laughable... I'm sure 90% of the rioters think they shot Jim Duggan.

That would explain why they looted that truck full of planks of wood to use as weapons. A fine tribute.

• Paid Members
Yeah - got to wonder how a trained armed police officer manages to shoot into his own radio don't you... Somehow I don't think incompetence is going to come out as the reason

That's not fact tho is it. There was 2 shots fired 1 went into his arm and 1 went into his chest and killed him. He was shot because he had a loaded gun on him and the police felt under threat. he got what was coming to him. If this is the case.