RIOT!

big mickey

I think I'm showing my age there Tom. By recent years I mean since I lived there, going on 25 years ago. Love the place to bits, but the closure of the Princess and the decline of the barracks seems to have sparked the Norris Green scrotes encroaching on West Derby. The Village isn't anywhere near as friendly as it used to be, but I may be forming that opinion wearing rose-tinted spectacles. You're right and Norris Green; they can just carry on driving themselves in to the ground, providing they don't take the handful of decent people around there with them.

Just spoke to my cousin who gave me the heads up last night; there are brick throwing games going on down Smithdown Road now. It's been closed off by the sounds of it.

Fair enough. Though to be fair, there has been a decline in recent years. Like you say, the decline of the barracks and the Princess closing hasn't helped. Actually, those spectacles probably aren't as rose-tinted as you think...

Oh, more brick throwing games in Smithdown? I'll hope that things don't kick off there again tonight. Obviously I'm going on hearsay, but I thought they were putting more police out there tonight to try and stop Smithdown into Toxteth from having more problems. My mum works in a school in Toxteth, her and the other teachers already reckon they'll have kids in September talking about how they were involved in this. Apparently the school sign was on the news last night though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
I was part of the protest tonight patrolling Enfield, was a great feeling.

Was in good spirits for most of the night, all races running off any trouble and police were thankful they had us there to help. The Tottenham Hotspur firm turned up and said a few racist things but other then that it was amazing to see so many people out helping the community.

Sounds good then. When I heard about it, part of me thought 'oh good for them, great to see them standing up for their community'. Then the cynical side of me thought that some might turn up for a witch-hunt for a certain race.

Edit: Palace fans joining Millwall and Charlton now? This really is unprecedented. South London football fans absolutely hate each other more so than most area rivalries, extraordinary to see this.

Edited by fruitcorner

• Awards Moderator
Oh, more brick throwing games in Smithdown? I'll hope that things don't kick off there again tonight. Obviously I'm going on hearsay, but I thought they were putting more police out there tonight to try and stop Smithdown into Toxteth from having more problems. My mum works in a school in Toxteth, her and the other teachers already reckon they'll have kids in September talking about how they were involved in this. Apparently the school sign was on the news last night though.

Supposed photos of it going off on Smithdown Road:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My mate was round earlier and we thought people were getting too confident that it hadn't kicked off tonight, given the time it happened last night. I just hope these images are from elsewhere, but the shots do look like Smithdown Road.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

There is some bint on Sky news that is really doing my head in. She is saying things like the rioters have no dads and they cant read or write and shit like this all the time saying how they are ALL male etc etc she needs to have her mic taken away from the shit she is coming out with.. Boo fucking hoo. How can they not read or write and use fucking facebook and twitter you stupid bitch AHHHH!!!!!

Edited by Deaq

There is some bint on Sky news that is really doing my head in. She is saying things like the rioters have no dads and they cant read or write and shit like this all the time saying how they are ALL male etc etc she needs to have her mic taken away from the shit she is coming out with.. Boo fucking hoo. How can they not read or write and use fucking facebook and twitter you stupid bitch AHHHH!!!!!

Plenty of people use twitter and facebook but are functionally illiterate.

That is Smithdown Road. One of my friends lives just off Smithdown and said they've just watched a large group of lads followed by some police vans and police in riot gear going past. If those photos are within the last 10 minutes or so, then based on where she lives, you're right. Now I think of it, that Asda is right across the road from her.

Supposed photos of it going off on Smithdown Road:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My mate was round earlier and we thought people were getting too confident that it hadn't kicked off tonight, given the time it happened last night. I just hope these images are from elsewhere, but the shots do look like Smithdown Road.

That is smithdown road mate

• Awards Moderator
That is Smithdown Road. One of my friends lives just off Smithdown and said they've just watched a large group of lads followed by some police vans and police in riot gear going past. If those photos are within the last 10 minutes or so, then based on where she lives, you're right. Now I think of it, that Asda is right across the road from her.

That is smithdown road mate

Yep, just confirmed on Sky News. Shit. You okay round by yours Pete?

• Paid Members
Plenty of people use twitter and facebook but are functionally illiterate.

If you can use facebook or Twitter then you are not illiterate your just lazy. She said the CANT read or write not do it at a shit level. There is a big difference!