RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
Sky News running with the picture from last night, of the woman jumping out of a building that's on fire. Wasn't that already discredited...?

It was recredited

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because there's not a 'one size fits all' answer? There's a myriad of factors that effect a persons behaviour.

Right, which is why laying the blame on a poor upbringing doesn't really explain it all away.

Or the violence will escalate to the point where the already outnumbered police are unable to even contain the sitatuation? Wanna roll the dice & find out?

What course of action/inaction isn't a gamble at this point?

House of Commons will probably have been fucking burned down by then.

In terms of the potential of escalating violence with a robust response, surely that's why some people are calling for the army? And again, these scumbags don't have any sort of public support. It certainly wouldn't be a popular uprising.

• Paid Members
I hate British people using the term "feds." I may have to come and burn down your house.

The guy who got shot by the police referred to the feds in his last text message (or BBM). Perhaps you've just uncovered the real reason for the riots.

Does anyone find it a bit suspect that virtually every photo of looters & rioters features black folk? Are there no whites rioting?

Front page of the Daily Mirror features two separate photos comprised entirely of white rioters.

• Paid Members
Right, which is why laying the blame on a poor upbringing doesn't really explain it all away.

What course of action/inaction isn't a gamble at this point?

No a poor upbringing doesn't explain it all away. But add that to all the other factors I've previously mentioned explains why some of the people from these areas have rioted. The same way they rioted in the 80's.

Every course of action is a gamble at the moment. Right now we don't know if this will last 2 days or 2 weeks....sending all our resources in heavy handidly now, only to see them get a public pasting might not be the best course of action...do you go 'all in' on your 3rd hand? If you do you need to be pretty certain you're gonna win.

• Paid Members
Well ok Kris, what the fuck would you do if you had 200 people destroying a shop and 20-40 police officers? Go in like John Wayne and see what happens?

I have no idea the best way to deal with this, but I'm liking your water cannon idea right now.