RIOT!

big mickey

Lawrence road liverpool, according to reports on twitter theres a hundred people belting up towards liverpool one and then this got posted:

I'm worried for my girlfriend at work tomorrow. She's a CSI, and driving around in a police vehicle doesn't make you popular in Liverpool at the best of times.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Can't be long now before vigilante groups start forming and people begin arming themselves to defend their property.

Turkish communities have already started, chasing some of the gangs with baseball bats. Apparently they are standing outside their shops, keeping guard in case any come back or something. That is a mixture of what I've read on here and FB

• Paid Members

Friend of a friend has heard it's kicking off around nottingham. Nothing I can confirm, but sitting i nthe city centre is weird.

Wretch, random question mate. Where are you working right now? I'm right next to the vic centre myself, just interested.

• Paid Members
Very odd night as i have been emailing a friend in croyden and it is much more a feeling of anger rather than fear. I can't see this lasting too long however

i wish i could agree, but then i think, if other cities start up, it will feed each city in to doing more harm.

Its either all gonna be over tomorrow, or it will go on for fucking yonks, it depends how its tackled i suppose. At the moment, yobs are getting 'free stuff', in their mind, why should the stop?

If you believe Twitter, then about a dozen have said riots have kicked off here. They are clearly wrong, the local MP has confirmed on Twitter, loads have gone out and had a look and then posted on Twitter. Plus it's dead quiet here, no riots.

Yeah- Ealing, Fulham Broadway, Harlesden, Notting Hill...

really? It's been quiet as anything. Although I won't see the high street until morning

That doesn't bode well. If they get to Upper Parliament Street then they're only a few minutes away from town and Liverpool One/Whitechapel etc. It'll be a fucking disgrace they wreck that place after how much money has been pumped in to the town centre over the last few years.

twitter posts are now saying its 300+ people mate,

Footage of rioters in upper parliament street... Near the womens hospital car park

Edited by hitman89762000

That doesn't bode well. If they get to Upper Parliament Street then they're only a few minutes away from town and Liverpool One/Whitechapel etc. It'll be a fucking disgrace they wreck that place after how much money has been pumped in to the town centre over the last few years.

My brother's had friends texting him saying that L1 has had trouble. I really hope not. So much work has been put into that city centre over the last decade or so, and to potentially have it destroyed by idiots would be a great shame. My mum works around Toxteth, so we know a good amount of people in that part of the city. Doesn't sound too fun at the moment.

Still nothing concrete in terms of reports about incidents in Leeds, just people reporting about Chapeltown shooting from earlier today and thinking it's a recent (within the last hour) event.

• Paid Members
Wretch, random question mate. Where are you working right now? I'm right next to the vic centre myself, just interested.

Tesco inside the centre.

Just off the phone with the missus and I think I've just gotten her off to sleep (I think). She's been worried sick as her sis in Liverpool with her in-laws for a few days and she's a worrier at the best of times.

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members
Tesco inside the centre.

Righto. I live at Marco Island, just up the road. Thankfully it all seems pretty quiet. Talking to the guy in our building about how they'd lock the place down if it gets there.

Potential safe place if things *do* kick off. I figure it would have by now if it was going to though.