Reform a classic stable with current roster members...

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members
How is it a new version when Benoit and Mongo had already been in previous incarnations? The only new member in that incarnation was Dean Malenko, so it is a case of new member not new version.

I get the feeling this discussion's gonna get bogged down in semantics. I'm guessing that, what Ron means by "version" is "configuration". "Version", to me, would suggest the difference between the Horsemen, the Extreme Horsemen, Evolution and so on.

Also, on the topic of what's "original", perhaps it could be said that the Horsemen's "original" configuration was Ric, Arn, Ole and Tully, whereas their "classic" configuration would be Ric, Arn, Tully and Big Baz?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get the feeling this discussion's gonna get bogged down in semantics. I'm guessing that, what Ron means by "version" is "configuration". "Version", to me, would suggest the difference between the Horsemen, the Extreme Horsemen, Evolution and so on.

Or possibly

• Paid Members
Yeah, it was against Magnum at Starrcade '85. I quit cage match.

I'd just like to share the thought that that match is shit hot and ace.

I'd like to see TNA or WWE do a network type thing, I liked it in ECW and I loved Palmer Cannon so some one's got to do it and get it right at some point. Who would I put in it? I have no idea but I'd probably stick Michael Hayes in there in some way because he's still fucking class.

I'd like to see TNA or WWE do a network type thing, I liked it in ECW and I loved Palmer Cannon so some one's got to do it and get it right at some point. Who would I put in it? I have no idea but I'd probably stick Michael Hayes in there in some way because he's still fucking class.

I haven

• Paid Members

Yeah, TNA have been running a Network storyline for a few months now. Main difference is, though, that they're faces against Hogan and Bischoff. It's a good variation, because they're using it as a rationale to make all sorts of improvements to TNA at the moment, such as the "Wrestling Matters" slogan, the re-naming of the programme to "Impact Wrestling", the new set in the IZ, and the re-vitalising of the X-Division as an extra arrow to the company's bow.

Id go with Miz and Jericho in a new suited group. Mason Ryan would be the muscle, maryse the lady, Ziggler or that aarrogant prick of tough enough as the next star and the tag team would Heath slater with Vance Archer (rocky but straightened out with the help of jericho)

Id reform the Corporate team with Triple H, John Cena, Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler and Vickie, Skip Sheffield throw John Laurinaitis and another Agent and Michael Cole as Sheffields Manager/Mouthpiece plus a Diva and you have an ultimate heel group who can feud with the likes of Randy Orton, a face Miz, Rey Mysterio, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan etc

Nation of Domination first came to mind, as did a corporation.

I would like to see a new flock lead by CM Punk, same concept one leader with an idea and a hell of a mouthpiece and a load of followers. Zack Ryder and Colt Cabana could be great as a Meanie/Stevie duo, add the Kings of Wrestling in for a dynamic tag team and then find some others to boost numbers. Possible names - Tyson Kidd, Brodus Clay, Luke Gallows

• Paid Members

If Christian is to lose his World Title through somewhat dodgy circumstances then I'd quite like to see a three man, triple threat like unit of he, R-Truth and Miz of disgruntled conspiracy claimists. Leading to an eventual break away and face turn for Miz.

I also like the idea of Dolph Ziggler in a Randy Orton Evolution role. Failing that though, considering WWE seem to insist on having Dolph and Kofi always facing off I wouldn't mind them having a bit more purpose and maybe livening up the mid-card a bit by leading their own mid-card factions against each other much like The Rock and Tripl H did to much success with The Nation and DX, they always seemed to end up against each other even before finding their place in those groups too.

Dolph perhaps leading a Natural Born Thrillers type group considering his current role with...let's say Swagger, McGillicutty and Otunga and a heel Riley. I realise NBT were boring as hell and so are a lot of these lads but I reckon Dolph could grow into the role of leading a group and a group of guys who are young and think they're better than everyone else and the future seems a good fit. Riley makes a much better heel in my opinion and I just like the idea of him and Swagger teaming as a jock tag team. McGillicutty and Otunga because well...they need something but they're pretty rubbish so failing that scrap them for Husky Harris or Skip Sheffield as the muscle.

And Kofi leading a group of bright, colourful babyfaces with Santino, maybe Evan Bourne and Trent Barretta as the tag team and Big Zeke as the muscle. Or stick more with comedy lads and throw any of Ryder, Percy Watson or Derek Bateman in there. Actually...Kofi, Santino, Zeke, Gabriel and maybe Sin Cara as a multi-national babyface group.

I'd rename Mexican America LAX. Same kind of stable, but comes across a bit less racist!

I still can't quite figure out why the haven't brought in Homicide, surely with the new X-Division wrestlers they are said to be bringing in, he should be one of them. I really think that LAX was one of the best things TNA ever did.

surprised no one has brought up breating a bit of life into the Nexus as they are still fresh in everyones minds.... bring back Harris, Ryan whens hes ready, chuck in Pubeshair and Mr Not-So-Perfect and have them lead by big Skip Sheffield... have them against Punk and Cena with kind of a reluctant alliance between them and you could be onto some dollars

Archived