New to Wrestling/British Wrestling

Stealingsilver

• Paid Members
We do when referring to wrestling, as in the Sidewalk Slam. The Path Slam just isnt as catchy.

Would be "Pavement Slam". But that doesn't sound much better.

A few things in wrestling sound lamer in British English, to be fair.

"He got slammed on the drawing pins!"

"Autumn Brawl"

"Parking Space Brawl"

Although I think "999" sounds much cooler than "911".

• Paid Members

The American will just not accept the use of the word Autumn. Niagra Autumns just sounds wrong. We don't use fall at all. I once went to a wrestling show at the Drill Hall in Lincoln where the MC announced that the match would be best 2 out of 3 autumns. That was a while ago though.

• Paid Members
Though Thumtack Jack admittedly sounds a bit better than Drawing Pin Jim.

I now wanna see somebody debut as Drawing Pin Jim. Followed by his faction of Singapore Kane, Baking Tray Ray, Stop Sign Colin and Stapler Phil.

Fall is an English word originally, it just fell out of common usage over here.

Pun intended?

I now wanna see somebody debut as Drawing Pin Jim. Followed by his faction of Singapore Kane, Baking Tray Ray, Stop Sign Colin and Stapler Phil.

They all sound like absolute fucking bad arses. Who was it on here advertizing someone called Muscle Russell too? I bet he

Thanks for everyones replies. Some were more amusing than others. I'll have a look into all that were suggested tonight.

There's lots of good stuff on youtube though some of it is the drizzling shits qualitywise with cheap little shaky cameras and stuff but you can still usually get a good idea of who is worth paying to watch on there. I've always been more interested in the wrestlers themselves rather than the promotion and as most will rely on the guys they use to come up with the matches so for me i always look for shows using wrestlers who are experienced and respected. The uKff top50 usually gives a good run down of guys who you are worth watching and who are likely to see somewhere near to you as these are the kind of guys who are respected and get bookings up and down the country.

There's also the UKW promotion on TV who are now using a lot of UKFF top 50 guys and they are using TV quality cameras and stuff so it's a good way to check out people for urself- Though some of their own guys are a bit less impressive. FWA have a good quality matches on youtube too but don't seem to film regular shows. There's a couple of others who have film in decent quality but they usually charge for the matches on DVD.

I'm at the show in October, they'll be doing the same, but showing WWE Vengeance from what I'm hearing.

Unfortunately can't attend the show this month.

Just confirmed the Vengeance screening for October with Walkabout management yesterday. It'll be part of the biggest weekend in Scottish wrestling history. PWE on Friday, PBW on Saturday, ICW on Sunday followed by an afterparty with the PPV.

Click here to watch the main event from our last show

Archived