Your team's best XI

WildSybianRider

In my 20+ years following Blackburn Rovers, i think my best 11 would be this..

GK - Brad Friedel

RB - Henning Berg

CB - Colin Hendry

CB - Chris Samba

LB - Graham Le Saux

RW - Stuart Ripley

CM - Tugay

CM - Tim Sherwood

LW - Damien Duff

ST - Alan Shearer

ST - Chris Sutton

Subs - Tim Flowers, Kevin Moran, Mark Atkins, Jason Wilcox, David Bentley, Kevin Gallacher, Matt Jansen

Honorable mentions to Lucas Neill, Gary Flitcroft, Scott Sellars, Craig Bellamy & David Speedie too, they would all have at least a squad place.

No room for Dunn? This line-up's pretty spot on, but I think Dunny would be on the bench for me. Honourable mentions from me would go to Ryan Nelsen, Benni McCarthy (for that one awesome season) and Paul Dickov (okay not the best player we've had, but what worked his arse off at a time when we weren't our best).

Also Mark Atkins :love: . What an underrated player he was.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No room for Dunn? This line-up's pretty spot on, but I think Dunny would be on the bench for me. Honourable mentions from me would go to Ryan Nelsen, Benni McCarthy (for that one awesome season) and Paul Dickov (okay not the best player we've had, but what worked his arse off at a time when we weren't our best).

Also Mark Atkins :love: . What an underrated player he was.

Aye, all those are good shouts, especially Benni considering he is only one of a few in the premier league era to notch over 50 goals for the club, i just couldn't take to him for some reason though. Nelson & Dickov are solid pro's, and the way Dickov lead the line on his own back in 04-05 definatly qualifies him as a honourable mention, very much in the David Speedie mould, and i love that sort of player.

David Dunn frustrates the hell out of me, during his first spell at the club he really was on the verge of becoming something special. Since coming back i really think that he should be our "Steven Gerrard" sort of player, you know when everyone is having a bad day and he just gets the game by the scruff of the neck and grabs a point or win on his own, but injury and lifestyle (allegedly) means he has never really shown his full potential. Such a shame, and arguably such a waste of talent.

Rather than clogging up off-topic with another football thread, how about we chuck in the Worst XI for your club. Instead of chucking in loads of youth team players that were thrown in the deep-end try and focus on players that were brought in. If you insist on picking a home-grown player they must have played a minimum of 20 games.

There have been some right duffers over the years for Middlesbrough. 1988 - present.

------------------------------- Ben Roberts----------------

Branco ------- Phil Whelan ------- Sean St Ledger ------- Justin Hoyte

Carlos Marinelli ----- Jason Euell ------- Allen Johnston

Dong Gook Lee ----- Kris Boyd ------- Michael Ricketts

Subs:

Brad Jones

Mohammed Shawky

Afonso Alves

Michael Thomas

Mido

Mark Wilson

Michael Reiziger

Bristol City Worst XI 1988-2011

GK Phil Kite

LB Gerard Lavin

CB Julian Watts

CB Clemens Zwijnenberg

RB Marvin Harriott

RM Harpal Singh

CM Colin Loss

LM Nick Wright

FD Andy Smith

FD Bas Savage

FD Ian Baird

Subs

1. Bo Anderson

2. Henry McKop

3. John Burns

4. David Partridge

5. Peter Styvar

Just edited my post on page 3 to include some of the players I forgot. Pretty ashamed of myself for forgetting Makelele even exsisted. It was late alright.

This is really making me want to play an FM game with my players chosen in the Chelsea squad. But fuck am I creating half of them on the DB.

• Paid Members
----------Seaman----------

-----Adams-Campbell-----

Sagna-----------------Cole

------Gilberto--------------

----------------Vieira-------

---------Fabregas-----Pires

Henry----Bergkamp-------

Bit too young for our 'Ministry of Defence' from the 90s? Good to finally see another Gooner team here. Come on Tom, Dent & Justice- get your act together and join in :)

Maybe slightly too young but I'm fairly sure I've seen more than enough of Dixon and Winterburn to know that Sagna and Cole are much better footballers than they ever were. I'm sure they're perfectly aware of this as well. Game was very different back then. They got much further on organisation and hard work than they'd be able to today.

Even though it feels like I did this not too long ago...

Worst Blackburn XI

GK - Alan Fettis (Having to pick a worst goalkeeper has made me realise how may good keepers that we've had in my lifetime)

RB - John Curtis

CB - Darren Peacock

CB - Lorenzo Amoruso

LB - Vratislav Gresko

RW - Keith Gillespie (Had some great moments, but some awful performances during his gambling phase)

CM - Keith Andrews

CM- Barry Ferguson (He wasn't awful, but considering we spent a lot of money, what a let down)

LW - Javier De Pedro (Again, what a let down)

ST - Ashley Ward (Even though his goal against Sheff United where he caught the ball is one of the greatest handballs in the history of football)

ST - Corrado Grabbi

Bench:

Alan Miller

Christian Dailly

Pascal Chimbonda (Even though he did score against Burnley)

Steve Harkness

Per Pedersen

Matty Holmes (A bit harsh, but fuck him)

Franco Di Santo (Even though he did score against Burnley)

My fave Doncaster XI

These are only players I have seen so no Alick Jeffrey:

GK: Andy Warrington

DF: Steve Nicol (was playing 2 if not 3 divisions too low when we had him)

DF: Darren Moore

DF: Mark Albrighton

DF: James O'Connor

MF: Andy Watson

MF: 'Sir' Francis Tierney

MF: Paul Green

MF: Brian Stock/Richard Wellens (can't split between the two)

FW: Billy Sharp

FW: Paul Heffernan

Just missing out are Matthew Mills who you could tell was going to become pure class, Rufus Brevett because i never actually saw him play, Jamie Lawrence as he became quality after he left us & Michael McIndoe who I can't put in for being a f'ing judas bastard! Also Paul Barnes, Ricky Ravenhill & Tris Whitman.

West Brom XI from 2000 onwards :

Hoult

Balis - Gaardsoe - Moore - Clement

Gera - Dorrans - Koumas - Thomas

Taylor - Hughes

Bench - Kuszczak, Brunt, Larus Siggurdson, Morrison, Odemwingie, Jason Roberts, Ruel Fox.

Special Mentions - Derek McInnes, Kieran Richardson, Danny Dichio, Scott Dobie, Sean Gregan, MULUMBU, Richard Sneekes, Ronnie Wallwork.

Technically our best team is the one we played last season with except swap Carson for Kuszczak, so instead I picked the players I feel over the last 11 years have had the biggest impact at the club at their time, taking us from what was in the 99-00 season relegation favorites and taking us all the way to where we are now.

Archived