Wasted characters

Baron

Not really. It was the same type of show. Same amount of stripper women, same amount of run ins, same amount of cruiserweight burying. In that sense it was exactly the same as in 2000. Just in 2000, he had no Guerrero, Benoit, Malenko, Saturn, Luger, Hart, Sid, Dustin Rhodes, Scott Hall or DDP on the roster. He didnt have Ed Ferrera on his second run. Bischoff was there for six weeks during Russo's seven month reign in 2000. You cant possibly say "Bischoff fucked it up". Its just incorrect. The FACT is Russo's role was the head writer, Bischoffs role was producer and consultant. If his role was any bigger he wouldnt have walked after six weeks saying it was impossible to work with Russo.

Schiavone might also have had an idea for himself to beat Goldberg and end the streak. It wasnt his job to have the final say on it though.

You can when Bischoff himself said that Russo reported to him. I looked it up. I dont know why at 2am I bothered but I did and Easy E himself said that in the convo's with Brad Siegal he refused to come back as an employee of AOL time warner but instead an independant contractor providing many of the same services as before including overseeing the creative direction of the company.

He also says he laid out the angle that called for Russo to be on TV so on this one at least, Russo was telling the truth.

credit - Controversy creates cash by Eric Bischoff with Jeremy Roberts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You can when Bischoff himself said that Russo reported to him. I looked it up. I dont know why at 2am I bothered but I did and Easy E himself said that in the convo's with Brad Siegal he refused to come back as an employee of AOL time warner but instead an independant contractor providing many of the same services as before including overseeing the creative direction of the company.

Eric Bischoff had to report to Harvey Shiller but that doesnt make him in charge of creative. You said "Bischoff fucked it up" when he came back. That wasnt right at all. Also, I believe if you read Bischoffs book he says something along the lines about Russo being so desperate to be on TV, they gave him what he wanted. Also, Bischoff was the president of the company. There's no way he was doing the same job as before. And (again) he was got after six weeks. If he had the power to fire Russo, he would have after Hogan filed a lawsuit against WCW.

Jonathan Coachman as a heel authority figure. Could have got longer life out of it.

• Paid Members

What exactly was Mordecai's gimmick? He just looked like the Undertaker dressed in white but I couldn't really understand what he was going for.

I thought D'Von's evangelical preacher gimmick had some legs to it but I just don't think the fans could take to D'Von as anything other than a Dudley boy. Maybe they should give it another go with someone else but have them as a psychotic heel punishing sinners in the name of the Lord.

Eric Bischoff had to report to Harvey Shiller but that doesnt make him in charge of creative. You said "Bischoff fucked it up" when he came back. That wasnt right at all. Also, I believe if you read Bischoffs book he says something along the lines about Russo being so desperate to be on TV, they gave him what he wanted. Also, Bischoff was the president of the company. There's no way he was doing the same job as before. And (again) he was got after six weeks. If he had the power to fire Russo, he would have after Hogan filed a lawsuit against WCW.

What does that have to do with anything though? Your FACT was that Eric Bischoff was brought in as a producer and consultant and he wasnt involved with the storylines. This is totally wrong.

I was praising Russo's original stint in WCW (as you did also) saying "Bischoff fucked it up" was in regards to his influence on the creative when Russo was brought back. He woke the beast, if you will. 6 weeks later he pissed off and Russo was all over everything and WCW went to hell.

• Paid Members
What does that have to do with anything though? Your FACT was that Eric Bischoff was brought in as a producer and consultant and he wasnt involved with the storylines. This is totally wrong.

What do you think a consultant is? Russo was the head writer. Bischoff was a creative consultant. He did nothing more than contribute ideas that may be benefit storylines Russo came up with. That isnt involved in creative. If that is being part of creative, then Chris Jericho was a part of WWE's creative team during his feud with Shawn Michaels. Bischoff contributed ideas and worked with production and as an onscreen talent (like he does in TNA). He didnt have anything to do with the day-to-day operations of WCW, which the writers have to do. He wasnt apart of creating storylines or characters. Nothing Bischoff said had to be done by Russo, because Russo had ultimate say. Hense the butting of heads. Russo was the head of creative. Thats the power position. Bischoff had little say of what went on on TV. Thats fact. Thats why Bischoff wanted to buy the company to begin with.

I was praising Russo's original stint in WCW (as you did also) saying "Bischoff fucked it up" was in regards to his influence on the creative when Russo was brought back. He woke the beast, if you will. 6 weeks later he pissed off and Russo was all over everything and WCW went to hell.

How could Bischoff "fuck it up"? Russo got the sack in January for wanting to put the belt on Tank Abbott. He got rehired along with Bischoff. I dont even know what your point is? Bischoff fucked up a product that got someone fired for originally? Russo's stint in 1999 was alright (not from a ratings, house show, merchandise or PPV buys stand point to be honest), but from who was in it. After about two months, it all went to shit again with the Tank Abbot bollocks.

What exactly was Mordecai's gimmick? He just looked like the Undertaker dressed in white but I couldn't really understand what he was going for.

That was pretty much it. I was at a question and answer gig with Thorn on the panel, and someone asked him the point of the character. I

What do you think a consultant is? Russo was the head writer. Bischoff was a creative consultant. He did nothing more than contribute ideas that may be benefit storylines Russo came up with. That isnt involved in creative. If that is being part of creative, then Chris Jericho was a part of WWE's creative team during his feud with Shawn Michaels. Bischoff contributed ideas and worked with production and as an onscreen talent (like he does in TNA). He didnt have anything to do with the day-to-day operations of WCW, which the writers have to do. He wasnt apart of creating storylines or characters. Nothing Bischoff said had to be done by Russo, because Russo had ultimate say. Hense the butting of heads. Russo was the head of creative. Thats the power position. Bischoff had little say of what went on on TV. Thats fact. Thats why Bischoff wanted to buy the company to begin with.

How could Bischoff "fuck it up"? Russo got the sack in January for wanting to put the belt on Tank Abbott. He got rehired along with Bischoff. I dont even know what your point is? Bischoff fucked up a product that got someone fired for originally? Russo's stint in 1999 was alright (not from a ratings, house show, merchandise or PPV buys stand point to be honest), but from who was in it. After about two months, it all went to shit again with the Tank Abbot bollocks.

Christ on a bike - I dont know where to begin tackling all this. Thats my early hours of friday morning sorted. I have to go to work now. To be continued...

I do feel a lot of the diva's are wasted. It seems like they only ever push two divas at a time. Rosa Mendes as a Beth Pheonix fan was fun, but it seemed like a poor mans Mickie James/Trish Stratus.

I quite like Maryse, and wish she got more time on my tv per week. She's a great heel diva, mostly because I think she's just being herself XD

Good shout on Hassan

What are peoples opinions on Simon Dean? I liked him personally

Archived