Columbo Dead.

Stinky Dad

• Paid Members

Everyone get in here and post now. This is a proper fucking sad loss.

Columbo for my money was the finest detective show ever made. Massive statement I know but opinions etc. Just a great show, lovely oops upside the head concept for the classic detective show and a fantastic character to boot.

RIP Peter Falk, you did well. Really fucking well.

• Paid Members
Columbo for my money was the finest detective show ever made.

And you would be right.

Peter Falk was a legit television icon because of his portrayal of Columbo. I'm totally gutted by this.

RIP.

• Paid Members

Did you know the first ever episode of Columbo was directed by a young Steven Spielberg?

Loved Columbo, mainly because the way Falk played the role.

He was great in The Princess Bride too.

• Paid Members
Did you know the first ever episode of Columbo was directed by a young Steven Spielberg?

Loved Columbo, mainly because the way Falk played the role.

He was great in The Princess Bride too.

Technically not, the first episode of the series was directed by Senior Speilbergo but there was two great pilot eps before that.

What's everyone's favourite Columbo, anything that had Jack Cassidy or Patrick McGoohan popping up was lovely stuff.

I love Columbo, even saw Prescription Murder at the Poole Lighthouse, so this is very sad news. He was very good in Princess Bride and Murder Inc. too. Sad to hear about his alziemers a couple of years ago. Loved the glass eye story on the NBC link. Quality man.

RIP Peter Falk.

My fav Columbo episode I think starred Leslie Neilson as a boyfriend. Basically there was a man who ran a successful business and Neilsen was his employee, Nielsen falls in love with the mans sister so the man fires him and tries to pay him to stay away, so the sister steals her brothers key and expects him to come in thorugh the patio windows in her room so she can shoot and blame self defence. Things go wrong and Columbo investigates.

Also one or two with Rod Macdowell (?) and William Shatner are well worth watching.

That sucks. I remember being ill quite a few years back on a Saturday, I felt proper shit, running to and from the toilet. The best part of that day was watching Columbo. It took my mind off being ill and I really enjoyed watching. It was the episode where he investigates the murder in the army barracks. I cant remember a whole lot but I remember it taking my mind off for a couple hours. Afterthat anytime it was on on a Saturday (if I was off work) I'd sit and watch it. The started actively seeking it out in the tv guide. Rest In Peace Mr. Falk. Oh I'm sorry one last thing THE UKFF SALUTES YOU

• Paid Members

I'm probably going to hell for this, but....

In recent years Falk had been suffering from dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

.... all those times he had to ask "just one more thing..." probably should have been a clue.

I'm probably going to hell for this, but....

In recent years Falk had been suffering from dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

.... all those times he had to ask "just one more thing..." probably should have been a clue.

I just hope those weren't his last words.

Archived