CM Punks Contract Situation - How Will It Play Out?

David

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about...

Punk wins title

Punk leaves with belt

Vince announce title is vacant

Cena wins title

Punk does some indies with the belt (he's still under contract, obvs)

Punk baits WWE Universe on Twitter/Facebook/YouTube etc (not as mad as it sounds, theyve been putting lots of effort into social media channels this year)

Cena and Punk get heated on Twitter, eventually leads to a Raw stand-off

Cena beats Punk

?

It's a bit outlandish but I think things like Twitter in relation to wrestling aren't just for the smarks. It almost aids kayfabe in that it answers the question 'what happens to the wrestlers when the cameras stop?' and can be used to fill in storyline gaps and continue feuds. Even helps build characters - that Ryder stuff must have been noticed. Only thing I'm not sure about is how announcers reference it on TV...

Fairly simply, straight forward and logical. Works for me.

Like it. The WWE Champion John Cena vs. "The real champ" CM Punk.

I still think MITB is somehow going to get involved though.

My money is on the MITB winner running down just as Punk hits Cena with the Go To Sleep. 'MITB Winner' hitting punk over the head with the briefcase so the match ends in a DQ (thus Punk still winning his final match), 'MITB Winner' cashing it in and just pinning a fallen Cena while Punk also lay unconcious in the ring.

My money is on the MITB winner running down just as Punk hits Cena with the Go To Sleep. 'MITB Winner' hitting punk over the head with the briefcase so the match ends in a DQ (thus Punk still winning his final match), 'MITB Winner' cashing it in and just pinning a fallen Cena while Punk also lay unconcious in the ring.

I'd like to see a MITB winner actually cash in DURING a title match. I.e. Punk hits the Go To Sleep goes for the pin, only for someone to cash it in, thus cancelling the current match and fucking over Punk in the process.

Of course it would make more sense doing it to a heel... but just something I thought would be quite cool.

Maybe just cash it in at the beginning making it a triple threat.

I cant really remember but has anyone actually cashed it in without the current champ taking a massive beating first? Has it been cashed in advance to set up a match? Maybe someone should which could also set up the first person to lose since cashing it in.

Just realised this is completely off topic but the first sentence included CM Punk kinda.

• Paid Members

I cant really remember but has anyone actually cashed it in without the current champ taking a massive beating first? Has it been cashed in advance to set up a match? Maybe someone should which could also set up the first person to lose since cashing it in.

Just realised this is completely off topic but the first sentence included CM Punk kinda.

RVD cashed it by setting up a match v Cena at One Night Stand 2. I think this is the only time someone ever cashed it in this way. Every other time, it was after the champ was beaten down.

RVD cashed it by setting up a match v Cena at One Night Stand 2. I think this is the only time someone ever cashed it in this way. Every other time, it was after the champ was beaten down.

Awesome, thanks for that.

CM Punk would never give up his name. If WWE want it then thats it, his gone.

I don't get the obsession with owning names. What are they going to do if he leaves and they own the name, have someone else come out and be CM Punk?

Do they really think if CM Punk turns up in TNA or ROH either of them are going to be suddenly running arenas and be serious competition?

Sure they can do a bit with merchandising but they could write that into the contract without having to own the name.

Does it really help WWE that Kevin Thorn now has to be Sevin Thorn or whatever it is, I can't see how. The only person it seems to cause a problem for is there person who got released!

Taken from http://wrestlingslasthope.com

At the moment this is quite a big story. Punk is apparently leaving the WWE in July after his current contract expires.

Punk went a good amount of time losing on TV etc. and this was probably because his contract was up for renewal and Punk wasn't signing a new one. However, recently he has been on a winning streak including winning against Rey Mysterio on this past weekends PPV Capitol Punishment and the following night on RAW he beat Mysterio and much touted Summer Slam main event star Alberto Del Rio in a number one contenders match. This match with WWE champion John Cena is set to take place on July 17th at the second annual WWE Money in The Bank PPV. After the recent RAW victory Punk actually did an in-ring promo saying that that night of the PPV is the last night of his contract and he is going win the WWE title and leave the company.

What interests this writer and maybe many other fans is what exactly is happening with CM Punk? I believe if Punk was leaving he wouldn't be getting a push let alone a PPV main event against the company's biggest name for the WWE title. Situations like this usually see the worker on the way out get jobbed out but the total opposite is happening to Punk. Now, does this mean Punk is staying and like pretty much everything in pro wrestling, this current angle is a work or is it WWE offering him the proverbial olive branch to get him to stay on in the company? Recently I have heard discussed that Punk could be leaving but only to take some time off with the intention of returning at a later date so this push could be for that very reason.

Now, the story is obviously setting the wrestling world buzzing on the Internet on exactly what will happen with Punk if he does leave WWE and doesn't take an extended leave of absence. The two places Punk

could go of course are IMPACT Wrestling and ROH. The thought of Punk going to IW is, despite it possibly being a lighter schedule, rather un-realistic in my opinion. Punk has been in the former TNA before but to no surprise, not used to his full potential.

We all know and some will recall that Punk was in ROH before signing with the WWE and he held the world title. ROH under it's former ownership wouldn't of dreamt of being able to lure someone like Punk back to the promotion but now they have been purchased by the Sinclair Broadcasting group, ROH now have the financial means to employ this type of wrestler who has been on big bucks up north in the WWE.

For me, I'd love Punk to go back to ROH but I just can't see it myself. The next month will be interesting to say the least

Follow me on twitter @ WLH_Stu

Are you actually putting money on that scenario? I would like to take that money.

I can see Mason Ryan winning the MITB not sure where it would go but I can see him "taking over" the Nexus so he gets rid of Punk cashes in and wins the belt I havent thought it out fully but will let others build on it if they wish, but something tells me Mason Ryan will be a MITB winner

I can see Mason Ryan winning the MITB not sure where it would go but I can see him "taking over" the Nexus so he gets rid of Punk cashes in and wins the belt I havent thought it out fully but will let others build on it if they wish, but something tells me Mason Ryan will be a MITB winner

I was thinking along similar lines but with either Wade Barrett or Skip Sheffield returning to the Nexus.

Archived