CM Punks Contract Situation - How Will It Play Out?

David

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely an NWO type thing is the perfect spot to be pushing a monster guy like Mason Ryan.

Huge amounts of people would mean he'd need to do a minimal amount of stuff.

You need guys involved who the WWE Universe are really behind, so it'd be great to have him at the forefront.

Surely an NWO type thing is the perfect spot to be pushing a monster guy like Mason Ryan.

Huge amounts of people would mean he'd need to do a minimal amount of stuff.

You need guys involved who the WWE Universe are really behind, so it'd be great to have him at the forefront.

Ryan would make an ideal Batista-type heavy in any supergroup.

Only if he learned how to work.

just have him destroy people in squashes while he's still learning and build up to a big match when he's better

I say have him destroy people in squashes for six months then lose to Daniel Bryan in about fifty seconds.

It's safe to say that, if they go down the CM Punk as champ route, there will be a lot of logic holes that nerds will bring up from day one. Perhaps the reason it could be so complex is why Vince just goes with the simple and safe solution and Cena wins all the time.

It's safe to say that, if they go down the CM Punk as champ route, there will be a lot of logic holes that nerds will bring up from day one. Perhaps the reason it could be so complex is why Vince just goes with the simple and safe solution and Cena wins all the time.

I think it's been pretty obivous for a while now that Vince doesn't really give a toss what the nerds think, so their opinions on logic holes won't matter hopefully, and when you're talking about a "sport" that can have someone smashed over the head with a sledgehammer one week only to appear the following Monday with a plaster on his head loic really shouldn't come into play too much.

Vince usually knows best. I remember when Hogan was first mooted to be returning to the WWE, there was a lot of talk about it and I came up with a fantasy booking scenario where a face Hogan would be forced by heel Vince into starting from the bottom again, in a "can he still do it" type scenario where he gradually fought higher and higher up the card, overcoming the odds until the fans were baying for him to get a title shot.

Of course, Vince just bunged him straight into the main event against The Rock, and that frankly worked out a lot better.

How about...

Punk wins title

Punk leaves with belt

Vince announce title is vacant

Cena wins title

Punk does some indies with the belt (he's still under contract, obvs)

Punk baits WWE Universe on Twitter/Facebook/YouTube etc (not as mad as it sounds, theyve been putting lots of effort into social media channels this year)

Cena and Punk get heated on Twitter, eventually leads to a Raw stand-off

Cena beats Punk

?

It's a bit outlandish but I think things like Twitter in relation to wrestling aren't just for the smarks. It almost aids kayfabe in that it answers the question 'what happens to the wrestlers when the cameras stop?' and can be used to fill in storyline gaps and continue feuds. Even helps build characters - that Ryder stuff must have been noticed. Only thing I'm not sure about is how announcers reference it on TV...

How about...

Punk wins title

Punk leaves with belt

Cena wins title

Punk baits WWE Universe on Twitter/Facebook/YouTube etc (not as mad as it sounds, theyve been putting lots of effort into social media channels this year)

Cena beats Punk

?

It's a bit outlandish but I think things like Twitter in relation to wrestling aren't just for the smarks. It almost aids kayfabe in that it answers the question 'what happens to the wrestlers when the cameras stop?' and can be used to fill in storyline gaps and continue feuds. Even helps build characters - that Ryder stuff must have been noticed. Only thing I'm not sure about is how announcers reference it on TV...

I like that, almost an up todate Michaels Razor feud which could even have 2 belts hung up for a ladder match

How about...

Punk wins title

Punk leaves with belt

Cena wins title

Cena beats Punk

?

I like that, almost an up todate Michaels Razor feud which could even have 2 belts hung up for a ladder match

\

I like that too, hold it off until TLC and do the match there.

Cena could win "his" belt in a one night tournament at Summerslam or something.

Cena wins, ready to go into the new year and his fued with The Rock ( who hopefully will be around a bit more then)

Does Punk own his name? I can't see him going back to ROH for a couple of shows and using a different name if he doesn't.

Someone on here said that the stumbling block for contract re-negotiations was that WWE wanted to take ownership of the name.

Archived