CM Punks Contract Situation - How Will It Play Out?

David

• Paid Members

Here is what I would like to see - Punk wins belt. Next night - Punk holds Raw to ransom. End of night "No one can stop me promo, I'm leaving with belt" glass breaks - Austin!! YAY!!! Can of whoop ass, Stunner!!! MITB winner cashes in. Bye Punk.....for now..... Raw goes off air with Austin and new champ celebrating/beer bath for Punk!!

Exciting TV for a night, also sets up Austin/Punk 'Mania match which I'm guessing COULD happen.

Hell, even if it can't this is only my opinion of what I want...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i really wouldn't blame punk for leaving if he did wwe just don't understand he is talent

they need to utilize him as the incredible wrestler he is not just keep jobing him out in ppv's making him worthless

Personally I think that's absurd. If he genuinely believes he is being misused he is being utterly spoilt. Wwe plucked him from the indies, took a chance on him, gave him multiple ecw, tag, ic and world title reigns. He's been allowed to have some great matches and was even allowed to use his own gimmick and ring name (a priviledge many don't get).

He got to be the only two time MITB winner, had some great pay days by having some high profile matches on ppv and has been generally made to look very strong. In the pecking order of things there were only a handful of people above him, including legends such as the undertaker and HHH, or guaranteed money makers like orton and cena.

The charming bugger even got to the opportunity to score with multiple divas.

If (IF... Because we all know what the net is like for reporting heresay) punk is leaving because he feels underused or unappreciated, then he is a ungrateful ass.

normally i wouldnt believe the old chestnut of burn out and injuries as a reason to quit but with him,I sort of believe it as I feel he is one of the few wrestlers that puts a 100% effort in everytime he goes out there be it a house show Live Raw or a ppv.

Here is what I would like to see - Punk wins belt. Next night - Punk holds Raw to ransom. End of night "No one can stop me promo, I'm leaving with belt" glass breaks - Austin!! YAY!!! Can of whoop ass, Stunner!!! MITB winner cashes in. Bye Punk.....for now..... Raw goes off air with Austin and new champ celebrating/beer bath for Punk!!

Exciting TV for a night, also sets up Austin/Punk 'Mania match which I'm guessing COULD happen.

Hell, even if it can't this is only my opinion of what I want...

That does sound pretty awesome.

its really interesting what might happen.. i can see so many different results happening yet i favour cena retaining he only won the title 2 ppv's ago and i've got a strong feeling he'll hold it till mania and put it on the line against the rock! .. yet i'd like to see punk win and lose it to the mitb winner on the night.. i'm calling morrison for a shock return at mitb btw ..

Maybe he is leaving as his disillusioned with the company's vision as to what he is and what he is there to do?

He comes across very much as an old school wrestler who believes in what wrestling is or used to be. All the legends love him, but I doubt the WWE office share that love.

Must be hard to make it to the top and realise - it's not what you were expecting.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with him. To me, he has become the most interesting and entertaining guy in a creatively bereft company.

• Paid Members
Its the same thing that happened in ROH, He had a title shot the night his contract expired. Won the belt and stayed on for a couple more months, when he lost the belt. He left.

Can't believe nobody picked up on this until now, well from what I noticed anyway. He was due to leave ROH as he was signing with WWE, shocked the fans by winning the belt. Wasn't this when he turned heel? Then Jamie Noble, who had just been released by WWE, won the title from him IIRC.

If they're running this storyline with him, then there's absolutely no way that Punk hasn't renewed his contract, simply because there is no way that Vince would want an exiting wrestler headlining a PPV and then departing for another company. You only need to look back at Survivor Series 1997 or Jarrett being paid tons of money to work one more night to drop the IC title to Chyna to know that Vince simply wouldn't leave himself open to that kind of a risk again.

If he really was leaving, he'd be used to put someone new over on his way round. It's the traditional use of an exiting wrestler, for good reason. I can see them using this storyline to give him some much-deserved time off to sell that he's left the company, only for him to return several months later into a new feud.

Good riddance, I say. CM Punk going means WWE can 1) bin this useless Nexus "group" and 2) concentrate on trying to improve the talent on the rest of the roster. At the PPV he should just sell to SuperCena like HBK did with Hogan and be gone from this corrupt WWE universe.

there is no way that Vince would want an exiting wrestler headlining a PPV and then departing for another company.

Christian did exactly this on his way out of WWE the first time. It just depends on what sort of relationship you have with Vince.

there is no way that Vince would want an exiting wrestler headlining a PPV and then departing for another company.

Christian did exactly this on his way out of WWE the first time. It just depends on what sort of relationship you have with Vince.

Jeff Hardy held the title right up until he left also.

Not quite. Christian's last WWE commitment in 2005 was the Taboo Tuesday event, where he lost the vote to be in the opening tag match. You've got it confused with Vengeance 05, where Christian had the triple threat WWE title match with Jericho and Cena. Don't worry, I try to forget the 4 months he was jobbed out on Smackdown as well. ;)

• Paid Members
Totally, put the big man over on the way out.

It might be just me, but I'd love Wade Barrett to slot back in as Nexus leader on Raw.

...after winning MITB??? Wins belt... Taunts Austin... BOOM STUNNER!!!! David Otunga BOOM STUNNER!!!! The other one BOOM STUNNER!!!! Mason Ryan....

Ma, I should write for WWE....

• Paid Members
Wwe plucked him from the indies, took a chance on him

In other words he was nothing before they sent him to OVW to "learn how to work?" Jesus, that well just never runs dry on the UKFF does it? I do agree that he's unjustfied in claiming he's underused, but the idea that he should be kissing their ass for gicing him a chance in the first place is a strech too far I'm afraid

Archived