WWE Capitol Punishment 2011

Doog

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its had a pretty good build up, they just didnt announce the matches very early, but still it was obvious what they were going to be. Every match has had good build on TV over the last month or so, by todays standards it's been built quite well.

I'd imagine another match will be added, hopefully it is Sin Cara and Bryan against Ted and Cody. That would make sense and has recieved quite a bit or air time as well.

I'll be hoping to find a stream than forking out for this PPV. There's no compelling reason to watch it other than for R-Truth in my opinion. WWE just don't seem to give a toss about building lots of fueds anymore. Now, if Zack Ryder was going to be on the card, than I'd have happily parted with the cash.

Im still hoping for an apperance by Washington D.C's own "The Animal" Batista. Something like costing Orton the World Heavyweight Title just so WWE can reel us all back in with that PPV shock that makes us all wish we buy all these WWE PPV's.

I'd much rather they slapped on the Cody/Ted vs Bryan/Cara tag match that they have been building on Smackdown, rather than a re-match between the Champs and the Unos.

What rematch?

41F8CHHZ7JL.jpg

I'd much rather they slapped on the Cody/Ted vs Bryan/Cara tag match that they have been building on Smackdown, rather than a re-match between the Champs and the Unos.

What rematch?

They had a match on Smackdown on Friday night.

Haha, sorry, i clearly got the Uso's names wrong due to them being barely on TV for the last year.

Actually, completely ignore me.

I missed an Uso's match on Smackdown and thought it was against the McGillutunga Champs, rather than the ex-Corrrrrrre team of Ginger and Gabriel.

I'm talking bollocks. Just ignore and I'll go away...

7 straight single matches. Thats odd booking, has that ever happened where there was no tag, womens, multi-man or gimmick matches on a PPV

TBF, after watching Smackdown it looks like a tag title match with McGillicutty & Otunga vs the Uso's might get added.

Off the top of my head it'd prob be Cyber Sunday 2007

They aren't fueding over anything. They've had two matches already on Raw while the announcers harp on about "a fued rekindled" but nothing has actually happened.

Also noticeable is out of the 7 matches only 2 of them are Smackdown matches. :s

This show probably has one of the worst buildups in years.

It's had a far better build than the last one or the one before that. Which isn't saying much at all.

I don't know what the main event should be. Cena vs R-Truth and Orton vs Christian both seem like matches that should be second fiddle to a proper main event. I expect Orton and Christian to have a good match. Cena-Truth and Riley vs Miz are both fairly unknown quantities, they could be good or they could be disasters. All three matches have intrigue about the outcome, though, which is nice.

Mysterio vs Punk and Kofi vs Ziggler are both likely to be decent, but that they're still having PPV matches with each other is an absolute joke. They didn't even bother to do a feud for the Rey vs Punk one. Both of these are just rematches from Smackdown last year and, even worse, from Raw over the past month. Anybody in the world who gives even one solitary fuck about the outcomes of the latest match in the endless cycle between these combinations needs shooting.

I'm not expecting much from Big Show vs Alberto, largely because I've hated almost every car-based angle since Austin was doing them all the time. WWE's current crap idea of "let's do a terrible car stunt and linger on it for ages" didn't interest me when Bret Hart was doing it last year, and it doesn't interest me when Big Show's doing it now. Alberto's gone right down in my estimation since landing on Raw as well.

I've not liked the previous Zeke vs Barrett matches, or anything Zeke's done since leaving The Corre.

Despite being a moany negative cuntrag, I'll still download it tomorrow and watch it all.

Hopefully Christian cheats and wins the title to generate big heat on him. He could be great in the cocky champion role.

I actually wouldn't mind an R-Truth title run but I can't see it happening tonight. Would be a shocker if it did happen.

I also hope they keep the IC Title on Wade Barrett and try and build him up a bit more. I don't rate big Zeke at all.

Rey/Punk and Dolph/Kofi we've all seen a million times but we know they can deliver so should make for decent viewing.

I'll be ordering this tonight. First since Mania as I fancied watching a show and the card looks like it could be very decent in a 'wrestling' sense. Strange there's no stip/gimmick match like, but what can you do? Makes sense considering the gimmick PPVs throughout the year (Hell in a Cell, TLC, Extreme Rules).

Archived