WWE Capitol Punishment 2011

Doog

I think it's been a pretty poor buildup for the PPV actually, which is the norm these days. I think Christian/Orton has been pretty well done and they've done a great job with R Truth. He's the most interesting character in the WWE.

The rest of it looks like filler especially the Punk/Mysterio Match. Like someone else said where's the intrigue in watching a match between the two when they've already faced each other twice in the last 3 weeks.

Having said all that the actual matches themselves should be good so that's a positive. I think it's going to be a solid if ultimately forgettable PPV.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Would he also be the first black WWF/E champion?

I was wondering this the other day too. And I cant think of anyone. In recent years, with the WWE having multiple world titles, it would depend on what your definition would be. Booker T was World Heavyweight Champion, and while its not the WWE title, the WWE have at different times have held that title in just as high a regard, sometimes a higher regard than the WWE title.

I'd much rather they slapped on the Cody/Ted vs Bryan/Cara tag match that they have been building on Smackdown, rather than a re-match between the Champs and the Unos.

What rematch?

They had a match on Smackdown on Friday night.

You're getting McGillicutty & Otunga mixed up with Gabriel & Slater.

Yeah, I know.

I addressed my stupid brain on the last page.

Nah mate, I was addressing Dillkid not yourself.

I was wondering this the other day too. And I cant think of anyone. In recent years, with the WWE having multiple world titles, it would depend on what your definition would be. Booker T was World Heavyweight Champion, and while its not the WWE title, the WWE have at different times have held that title in just as high a regard, sometimes a higher regard than the WWE title.

I thought The Rock was considered by WWE to be the first black WWE champion, but judging by this, they pussyfoot around that. I thought they made a big deal out of it back in '98-99.

• Paid Members

I thought The Rock was considered by WWE to be the first black WWE champion, but judging by this, they pussyfoot around that. I thought they made a big deal out of it back in '98-99.

I dont remember them making any big deal about that around the time, no. I wouldn't consider The Rock to be black anyway. Like I wouldnt consider Rikishi or Umaga black.

I dont remember them making any big deal about that around the time, no. I wouldn't consider The Rock to be black anyway. Like I wouldnt consider Rikishi or Umaga black.

Maybe not but The Rocks Dad was Black so the Rock is half Black half Samoan where as Rikishi & Umaga are just Samoan

On a side note how do you go about looking for a stream my Sky is screwed up

I don't think you get to be the arbiter of people's ethnicity though, LK. Nor do I. Rock's dad was black enough to be considered as part of the first black WWF tag team championship team, and Rock's only one generation down from him. Much like AJSnumbers' fantasy of watching people tell Saraya Knight she's shit, I can't imagine good results from someone trying to convince The Rock he's not black enough. Mind, I've been trying for ten years to explain to my mate Michael that he's not actually Irish. A lot of people will claim ethnicity based on one of their parents. I don't necessarily abide by it, but I thought WWE (and Rock himself) would. To the point where I could see Rock not being too pleased if R-Truth did win the title and WWE were calling him the first black WWE champion.

• Paid Members
I don't think you get to be the arbiter of people's ethnicity though, LK. Nor do I. Rock's dad was black enough to be considered as part of the first black WWF tag team championship team, and Rock's only one generation down from him. Much like AJSnumbers' fantasy of watching people tell Saraya Knight she's shit, I can't imagine good results from someone trying to convince The Rock he's not black enough. Mind, I've been trying for ten years to explain to my mate Michael that he's not actually Irish. A lot of people will claim ethnicity based on one of their parents. I don't necessarily abide by it, but I thought WWE (and Rock himself) would. To the point where I could see Rock not being too pleased if R-Truth did win the title and WWE were calling him the first black WWE champion.

Obviously when I said I dont consider The Rock to be black, I meant in my opinion, which I thought would be pretty heavily implied seen as I said it. I didnt state that The Rock isnt black like a matter of fact, just that I wouldnt consider him a black man. His father may have been black, but if we're going by that rationale there are probably loads of previous champions down the years who had Irish fathers and therefore Sheamus isnt the first Irish Champion. Although, thats probably why they call him the first Irish-born Champion I guess. Maybe they'll just call R-Truth the first black-born WWE Champion in history.

Just looking up Rock's wiki page (we all know its the greatest source of information out there), and there is zero mention of him being the first black WWE Champion.

Maybe they'll just call R-Truth the first black-born WWE Champion in history.

That would be brilliant. Even better if R-Truth describes himself that way all the time.

Just looking up Rock's wiki page (we all know its the greatest source of information out there), and there is zero mention of him being the first black WWE Champion.

Yeah, I couldn't find much of anything about it either. I did come across a blog called "The Black Snob" that describes him as an incognegro.

His incognegro status comes from being one part black Canadian and one part Samoan. While it is obvious that Johnson is "brown," as both black people and Samoans are known for their "permanent tans," Johnson doesn't quite look like a black American. Maybe it's the nose or his protruding brow or his hairline or the overall, not-quite-black look of his facial area. I just didn't see him as a Negro or even a half-Negro. I still don't. But while searching for photos of him on the internet one site had his pictures tagged with the ethnicity of "black." So, whatever. I don't know if anyone ever asked the dude what he was since he seems pretty down with his black and Polynesian roots.

In most of his films he's your racial "everyman." Latino? Pacific Islander? North African? Negro? Who the fuck knows? In Disney's "The Game Plan" they made sure to cast his "daughter" with a child actress who also fell into the "who the fuck knows" category. And Johnson will probably remain in on-screen racial limbo for the rest of his career.

WWE mustn't have trumpeted him as the first black champion though. But I reckon it'd be slightly shaky ground for them to acknowledge someone else as such without upsetting him.

• Paid Members
Nah me and my mates are giving this one a miss. I may try and stream it or something.

Orton vs Christian, Miz vs Riley and Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler all have potential to be show stealers

lol which one do you think? I think Christian and Orton have had the best matches of most superstars this year so I expect another one, they have great chemistry. While Miz and Riley might not be a masterpiece I reckon its going to be a great brawl and hopefully the chemistry they had as associates translates to opponents in the ring. While this is the 413th Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler match, they are still good and they are two of the most exciting midcarders wwe has atm.

AS a potential showstealer? Miz and Riley is the odd one out by a country fucking mile. I fully expect Kofi/ Ziggler to be good and if Orton's hesad is on straight his match with Christian should be a cracker. But Miz and Riley are two average workers (Miz is good when he's in with someone better than him, which Riley definitely isn't). The build's been good and I've enjoyed their feud and riley as a babyface has been good fun, but a potential showstealer? No chance

• Paid Members

Im half expecting a rubbish Obama impressionist segment, they'll surely milk the Washington DC stuff like they've been doing with the promos over the last few weeks.

Im half expecting a rubbish Obama impressionist segment, they'll surely milk the Washington DC stuff like they've been doing with the promos over the last few weeks.

I have been wondering if there is going to be a Capitol Punishment PPV in DC every year or if this is just a one off and next years June PPV will have a different name or be in a different city.

Archived