WWE Capitol Punishment 2011

Doog

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an awful show.

when the best match on the card has Dolph Ziggler involved you know your in trouble.

Orton/ Christian was a let down compared to what they have done before.

Cena and Truth was an abomination.

(did have to laugh at the commentry going on about how Cena is the most popular guy around, al the while the chants are split on a Lets go Cena/ Cena sucks.......hmm no mention of the second one there) AND what a pathetic finish.

the fake Obama was pointless. who the hell is that Keith stone guy? looks like they found him rummaging the bins out back and thought...hell bring him in.

just an awful show.

• Paid Members

See I thought Punk vs Mysterio was one of their weakest encounters, mainly because the fans did not give a shit after that terrible Zeke vs. Barrett match. I know WWE aren't usually ones to admit when they're wrong but they seriously need to re-evaluate both men after that travesty of a match. Punk does have a knack for being involved in shit stables though doesn't he?

Oh and I forgot about Evan Bourne's amazing diving DDT to Swagger. As Reznor said, it should have been the finish.

Rubbish show, made even worse by the commentary.

2 Hours and 51 minutes of

"You know let me tell you something"

"WHAT DA HAYELL"

"Oh my good ness"

And another victory for Orton and Cena.

Yay.

Worst of all was the Barack Obama impersonator, because it shows that a) WWE can't judge what their own audience will like and b) that they are so insecure (i.e. the line about how the president watches Raw every week. Suuuuuuuure)

See I thought Punk vs Mysterio was one of their weakest encounters, mainly because the fans did not give a shit after that terrible Zeke vs. Barrett match. I know WWE aren't usually ones to admit when they're wrong but they seriously need to re-evaluate both men after that travesty of a match. Punk does have a knack for being involved in shit stables though doesn't he?

Oh and I forgot about Evan Bourne's amazing diving DDT to Swagger. As Reznor said, it should have been the finish.

I'm pleased someone else thought this about the Punk / Mysterio match, it seemed awfully clumsy and awkward to me. Although it was a masterpiece compared to Cena / Truth, what a truly terrible match that was.

I really enjoyed the card, I hope they're going somewher with the CM Punk changing the landscape, and doing the most honest thing that's ever been done in WWE. Although I fear that it maybe him cutting a worked shoot promo of how he's not renewing his contract because he's not been given the push he deserves, whilst Cena is getting main event after main event and title after title, with little talent.

(did have to laugh at the commentry going on about how Cena is the most popular guy around, al the while the chants are split on a Lets go Cena/ Cena sucks.......hmm no mention of the second one there) .

Except for Booker T and Cole mentioning them maybe not outright but they did note when King were saying it was all cheers that he was wrong.

Genuinely surprised by some of the 'awful' comments in this topic. I was pleasantly surprised by the majority of the card, and didn't mind paying for it at all.

Some very solid match ups, mostly sensible progressive booking, and it didn't drag for me at all. And I'm usually pretty critical of stuff.

Genuinely surprised by some of the 'awful' comments in this topic. I was pleasantly surprised by the majority of the card, and didn't mind paying for it at all.

Some very solid match ups, mostly sensible progressive booking, and it didn't drag for me at all. And I'm usually pretty critical of stuff.

I sorta agree while it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be it was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Not really. They didn't take up that long, no more than any other PPV to be honest. I'm used to them doing a couple of stupid segments - it comes with the territory to be honest.

And a lot of the other stuff was worth waiting for.

Archived